“Very disappointed :(” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Chocolate Shop & Cafe Choccywoccydoodah are a dedicated team of artists, designers and chocolatiers who specialise in creating decadent, bespoke wedding cakes, chocolate birthday cakes and unique chocolate gifts.
“Very disappointed :(”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I visited the shop today after following the tv series. I was disappointed by the experience the shop is very small and the lady on the till didn't once look up or interact with customers. The cafe was closed and did not open till after 11. Most of the items in the shop seemed over priced. Overall very disappointed

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Calks

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic - Full of Chocolatey Goodness”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We travelled from Barnsley just to visit this shop and cafe after seeing the TV Show. It was not a bit of a disappointment. All the reviews that say the service was bad must have been on a bad day. We were seated straight away (ok it was early) and they took our order as soon as we were ready. We had to wait a few minutes for our order, but who doesn't mind waiting a few minutes for chocolate. The hot chocolate was the best I have ever had, the cake was amazing and the dipping platter was to die for. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and we were not a bit disappointed. We loved it.

1 Thank williamspage
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Full on choccywoccydoodah”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited here on Sunday, just as it had opened at 12. We mainly came for the cafe but it wasn't open as they had run out of cake the day before!

There doesn't seem to be much management or idea of how to run the cafe yet, I am sure this is because it is still fairly new.

The cafe eventually opened just after 12.30 but we had to queue and a large one had formed out of the shop by this time! They did give you handfuls of small chocolate buttons while we waited however!

We managed to get a table fairly quickly as we were only 3rd in the queue. We waited to order after about 10 minutes, they had chalk board menus which they brought to your table but I think they would be better hung on the wall.

We ordered two cakes, a blonde, black coffee, pink lemonade and a hot chocolate. The cafe had only just opened but they ran out of cream so there was disappointment as the hot chocolate was promised to arrive with whipped cream. Minus points here! Hot choc was £3.25, black coffee was around £2.

The cake was fine but a very large portion! It was £4.99 a slice.

The cafe was ok but I don't think it really lived up to the expectations. The room was too small for the demand and the staff/management need to seriously work out the numbers/quantities needed as they are running out of basic things considering all the cafe sells is hot drinks and cake!

Crediton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful shop shame about service-would it kill for manners!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Just visited the shop after travelling a way to see what all the fuss was about, upon getting into the shop, the decor is amazing! And is so worth a look for that.

But if you look closer at the prices you can tell that its gonna cost to taste 'luxury'.

We did go to look at the cafe but some if the tables hadnt been cleaned, it looked like it was going to take the staff a while to figure that they needed wiping. So we went back downstairs.

We bought a chocolate tower lolly-which had rice crispy things in it. There was a lot of chocolate there for you money I suppose a plus, and a popcorn lolly. Both came to 25.00-extortionate! I wouldnt of minded paying that if "tweedle dee and dum" wernt on the til.
2 staff that were "fanniying" around, couldnt use the credit card machine....... plus I got the service of a monkey, whilst someone in front got 2 price charmings talking, chatting away asking how they are, whilst it was--- get though this one and ignore me whilst trying to fix the machine-cant even rem if they said sorry for me waiting about 10-15mins. I could see they were wrapping them but I was never offered this service-they only had tiny truffles-1.75??

When I got home of the evening to taste my merchandise, considering id only bought it at 5pm the white choc popcorn lolly was stale. Great 10.00 down the drain.

So all in all it sums it up---looks amaxing on the outside but a bit stale in flavour .
and customer service.
Wont be going back anytime soon!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Rebecca S
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice Cakes - Shame About The Service!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

5 of us visited here mid afternoon. The shop is amazing so we thought we'd visit the cafe. Sorry we did really

We walked upstairs and we were told that there was a 5-10 minute wait for a table. That was fine as it was very busy. But unfortunately there wasn't anywhere to stand without getting in the way of the waiting on staff and they kept moving us around as we were just in the way

After 25 minutes of waiting we were eventually seated. If we'd have been told 25 minutes we probably wouldnt have waited.

The waitress came over to take our order Drinks consisted of tea, coffee, milkshakes and a glass of tap water. Cakes were chocolate cake, ice cream sundae, 2 slices of tray bake cakes and a selection of Turkish Delight, cakes, fruit and a dipping sauce.

So not really a taxing order - you would think.

We sat chatting away and I suddenly saw people who were seated after us actually finishig off their drinks and cakes. I looked at the time and 30 minutes had gone by and we hadn't even been given the glass of tap water!!

I called over to the waitress and she put her finger up at me and said 'one minute' I saw her asking the people behind the counter and they all looked a bit bewildered at her.

After another 10 minutes with nothing coming our way I called over to her again. I politely asked if she had forgotten our order and without any words of apology she said no they hadnt lost the order, they had just misplaced it behind the counter. Which really sounds like the same thing to me?!

Bearing in mind we had waited 25 minutes to be seated and now it was another 40 minutes without any food I did point out to her that it wasn't really acceptable. But not one word of apology was forthcoming. She really didn't seem to want to acknowledge what was happening and kept saying 'it will come'.

Another 10 minutes went by and I was literally about to pick up our bags and walk when she brought our drinks over.

The cakes arrived around 5 minutes after that except for the chocolate cake which they AGAIN forgot!!!!

By then it was 90 minutes since we had stepped foot in the place and we still hadn't had our full order! I like my cake with a cup of tea but by the time the chocolate cake was put in front of me ( by a man who was the ONLY person to apologise) my tea was cold.

When we'd eaten, the waitress brought our bill over and said that she had removed the cost of the chocolate cake off the bill but didn't apologise or explain why. It felt like she had begrudgingly done it and it was now a battle of wills with her. Be warned you also get charged a service charge for 'eating in' which was over £6 on a bill that came to £24!

Thinking back I should have stood and argued that I wasn't going to pay a service charge as the service was dire but I just wanted to get out of there!

The cakes were lovely but a gourmet meal could have been produced in the time it took them to give us our food. We ended up being in the place for over 2 hours and we only wanted a quick drink and cake!

They clearly need to have more direction in what is a busy place. Management need to sort it out. As whilst this is a tourist goldmine. They will find that they will have no returning customers. Reviews on here seem to be a lot about poor service and not about the food.

The owner was wandering round the place. Maybe I should have told her but I imagine I'd have got the same response I got from the waitress.

We won't be returning.