“How to cheat customers”

DesVins Cafe & Bar
Ranked #6,789 of 22,376 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe, International
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Restaurant is on the main concourse in St Pancras International Station, so address may not be perfect match
Paris, France
“How to cheat customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Mulled cider didn't have a hint of alcohol in it and yet cost £5 for 125ml! Baguettes were so white like the part-baked frozen ones from a supermarket. Chips were awful and tasted and looked like coming from a freezer as well. This place is seriously a joke and they take an advantage of those poor passengers who need to rest during their journey. AVOID!

• Visited December 2013

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Ideal place to wait for a train”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We arrived as we do. We had a beautiful breakfast sandwich and lovely Hot coffee. The staff were prompt well informed about their products and smiley. We sat in comfort listening to relaxing music in an ideal place to await ones journey

Brussels, Belgium
“Stroppy staff, no customer service - avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Sunday 3rd November - popped in here for quick snack and drink. Rude staff - wouldn't let us bring in our push-chair and luggage - told us to keep it outside. When we did, we were told in no uncertain terms to move it away. Ordered a smoothie - told didn't have any - even if they were homemade. General unpleasant attitude - don't seem to realise that travellers in an international railway station may have luggage and want to kept it close by. Ended up going to The Betjeman Arms on the upper level. Had superb food, fresh and homemade, good service, heaters and able to keep our luggage near. So go there instead.

Dunstable, Bedfordshire, England
“Luke warm coffees”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Popped in for a quick drink at this cosy looking place with friends, before boarding a train. My beer was OK but their capuccinos were luke warm and very small. One sip and they were gone; all cold froth and no substance. Pricey, too. Sadly we had no time to complain so went on our way vowing not to repeat the visit. Shame, looks so good but delivered so little.

Ballyclare, United Kingdom
“Eating in St Pancras Station”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Travelling on my own as I often do, & staying close to St Pancras Kings Cross stations I was looking for somewhere close at hand to have my evening meal. I wandered through the concourse & found this lovely looking restaurant, a quick look at the menu for 'healthy Options', I thought this will do nicely, I ordered my food at the Bar, that's the way they do it there, listened to the recommendation of the server & ordered the half chicken meal.
I have to say that the 'dish presented & served to me at my table' was not quite what I was expecting. The chicken was very ordinary, the potatoes 'small' were oily & in their skins. There was a teeny little pot of a cold vegetable, I think it was red peppers. I was hungry so I ate it all. Was I satisfied you may ask? Well kind of, I had a meal, which fulfilled a function. I was hungry & it filled me & took away my hunger. My first impression of the restaurant was a positive one!!! But sadly they are trying to 'punch way above their weight'
The concept of this French Style restaurant is good, but sadly the only thing French about if was it's French Name...
Maybe I was there on one of those 'off moments' .... But I don't think so :-(