“Nice hotel with wonderful staff”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #246 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 18, 2013

What a wonderful hotel. Beautiful,well cared for,terrific service and a fabulous breakfast buffet. The hotel room was very clean and spacious.Staff had been wonderful, very helpful with giving all information
Will come back on next trip to London

• Stayed: July 2013
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly on 020 7262 4521.

Your Sincerely

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for our anniversary as it appeared to be quite a good deal, however this was a deal for Wembley stadium which is not the easiest to get to from here using public transport and cost £40 in a cab each way. As for the hotel, well you get what you pay for I suppose. on the first evening on returning to our room we had no nights which continued for nearly 24 hours. No apology or offer to change our room. Eventually sorted but no offer off a reduction at check out and actually denied any knowledge of there being an issue, staff pretty rude for the most-part and when I requested some form of reimbursement no eye contact was made and the receptionist just thrust a piece of paper in my hand with the managers email address on. Once we had returned home I emailed the manager and got the offer of a free night's accommodation which I declined and then a 20% off my stay offer which I consider an insult as this would only cover 30% of the room cost for 1 night that we had no lighting.
Better staying at a Premier in for a fraction of the cost and the VERY basic amenities..

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark P
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Gurdeep Singh

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We're just back from London after going to the Rolling Stones gig at Hyde Park last night. I rarely write reviews on hotels but I have to rate this one. Considering the price we paid, I cannot recommend this hotel enough. We paid a little extra for a deluxe room but still a great price for a hotel in London at the weekend during the summer.

All the staff were excellent, very accommodating. We arrived very early in the morning but they stored our luggage free of charge and gave us helpful information on near by tube stops and even a map.

Our room was a good size for a london hotel and exceptionally clean. We were even given fruit and bottled water when we got into our room. The location was perfect for Hyde Park and Paddington tube stop is within walking distance.

We had a bit of a wait on the Sunday morning for breakfast as the restaurant was full but totally acceptable for 10am on a weekend morning! The breakfast was excellent, lots of fresh fruit, continental options and cooked options too.

All in all, a very good hotel and great value for money. Thank you, we will be back!!

Your Sincerely

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a single night

Pros:
Great location close to Paddington station
Short distance to Oxford Street & Hyde Park
Excellent service
Clean, modern rooms
Good breakfast
Good value for a London room

Cons:
Tiny rooms
Corridor smell a bit stuffy, tight and its too many doors don't help you when dragging your luggage.

If it weren't for the room size it would be a 5* review.
If you don't mind the room size, then I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that your experience overall was a positive one .Your comments have been re-laid to our team to ensure we are constantly providing best services to our guests.

I do hope you will return to us again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please contact me directly.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We paid and booked in advance. Room was ready early,clean and very quiet.very friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. You cant go wrong staying here.Location is good for West End .Plenty of good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here after a gig in Hyde Park. There is about 10 parking spaces outside and luckily we got one. The room was 3 singles for 3 men and was great value for a Saturday night. Complimentary wine, fruit and soft drinks in the room was a nice touch and lots of TV channels. The breakfast was great and the staff so helpful. Apart from maybe not getting a parking space I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The Hotel itself was superb for the relatively good price. The rooms, and especially the bathroom were extremely small. But for a 2 or 3 night stay this is not a problem. The rooms were clean, the air con didn't work in one of the rooms (not usually a problem in London but we had the hottest weekend of the year so far!). The annoying thing was that the Key Card kept not working and reception had to keep resetting it. The breakfasts were super and filling.