“Like others, moved to another hotel.”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #243 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a long day of traveling, arrived at this hotel to be told, like others, that a "boiler" was down so some rooms did not have hot water and we had to be moved to another of their hotels. Quite disappointing but what could we do. They paid for a car to take us to the other hotel and gave us complimentary breakfast for he 3 days we were there. We were placed at the Hyde Park Premier London Paddington. Luckily this hotel was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on 02072624521 as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Yours Sincerely,
Gurdeep Singh

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were really looking forward to our stay as the reviews had been so good, what a disappointment.
Okay so the good points - location is excellent, 10min walk from paddington station and hyde park. Perfect for us. The rate was reasonable and the room was clean.
But...the room was absolutely tiny. We read it would be quite small, but it was actually like a corridor...see attached pics. We werent too upset with that though, it was only a room to sleep in.
However the air conditioning in the heat wave of the weekend we were down, started leaking through the night - but as the room was so tiny it was right above the bed waking me up as the bed was soaked...so bed pulled out and towels on the floor til the morning.
We complained and they moved us to another room - presumably an upgrade as it was a half decent size. But low and behold...the air con unit did exactly the same thing about an hour after we were in bed....thankfully it wasnt above the bed this time, but the constant dripping was irritating but we figured why complain that night as its obviously the air con units they use so every room will be the same.
Anoher issue was breakfast in the morning. The first morning was a disaster, it's far too small for that many guests - they should really be asking guests to book for breakfast as that would be preferable if the service as better. The poor waitresses were running about, barely enough time to clear tables hence we were seated at a filthy table with coffee stains and old cereal on it, werent offered and hot drinks and most of the juices etc had run out. Lots of complaining guests that morning as a result.
Finally on check out we waited for the question "how was your stay?" but it never came...silly us, as we'd paid in advance so we got the feeling they didnt care. When we complained again about the AC the receptionist was vaguley interested and said she'd let management know...and that was it.
So be wary....going in summer? Dont expect the AC not to leak. Want a decent size room? Upgrade. Want an enjoyable breakfast? Eat out!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Yours Sincerely,
Gurdeep Singh

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for my daughter's 21 st birthday and went to see Robbie Williams. We were upgraded to a stunning 2 story room. The staff were so helpful and pleasant. We had a delicious breakfast. It's near Paddington station. All in all brilliant

• Stayed: June 2013
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that your experience overall was a positive one .Your comments have been re-laid to our team to ensure we are constantly providing best services to our guests.

I do hope you will return to us again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please contact me directly.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This was a really beautiful hotel with lovely check in staff and the bar was great with music. Unfortunately when I turned back the bed there were several hairs in the bed. It was too late to complain but when i checked out I told the person on reception who did not seem to be that interested and, as I had to rush off for a meeting, I did not have time to ask to talk to the manager. Such a shame as it was a really really lovely hotel otherwise

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.
Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Tushar Aggarwal

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Later I stayed in another hotel at London for one night & regretted it. This is an awesome place with great location. Close ot Paddington so transiting to Heathrow is super easy. Hyde Park is close by for morning run. Oxford Street is 10 minutes away for shopping and eating.Free & fast wifi 24 by 7. Good staff mostly asians and I quite liked the brekky as well. If you stay 3 nights or more then good rate as well. Room size is smallish but trust me that you wont find bigger rooms in London at this price point. I especially liked the breakfast in the small patch of open sky in the basement of the hotel.
Minor glitches in front desk in terms of trip booking but still a great choice to stay here.

Room Tip: Take the rooms facing away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly on 020 7262 4521.

Your Sincerely

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We are just back after staying at this property for 2 weeks. The experience was very good on two counts, location & hospitality.
The hotel is 5 min from Paddinton station & 6 minutes from Lancaster gate station.
Hyde Park is a 6-7 min easy walk away.
15 min walk gets you to Oxford street for major shopping action, on to Bond street, Regent street, Liester square & Covent gardens.
Large no. of Pubs & eating joints(English, Indian, Lebanese, Chinese) are within 10 min. of the hotel. M&S food outlet at Paddinton & Tesco nearby give you all the options.
Our family of four including our two young daughters explored central London on foot because everything was just a short walk away.
Even Notting hill & Portebello Market is a 25 min walk from this property.
Also a full English breakfast with welcome Indian additions by the F& B team headed by Omkar Potdar gave us the impetus to walk off the calories.
Truly outstanding job by the breakfast team. No request was ever declined & every effort made to accommodate our requests for Indian dishes.
Also deserving a mention are the House manager's Mr Gurdeep & later Mr Tushar who were very helpful & gracious. Even the front desk person Ms Ashanti was always very supportive with directions & guide maps to every location.
We were actually surprised with the warm welcoming & helpful staff, especially in London.
The excellent weather also added to the charm making this a very enjoyable holiday.
Two counts where the hotel could do with some improvements, a) mattress are too soft &
b) They need to add more T.V channels(Even Wimbeldon was unavailable)

Still we would suggest this property to all, including friends & family who wish to explore London without wasting too much time, effort & money on commuting. The Hotel is full value for money & they are ready to listen to you, which at the end of the day is what every guest desires.

Room Tip: Request them for rooms on the 7th floor as they are a more spacious. We were in 702 & 704. 702 c...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Tushar Aggarwal

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed in London from 14 June 2013 to 23 June 2013.

My family and I (a total of 4 adults) booked a quad room for 9 nights a month before we left for London. When we reached the hotel, a friendly porter quickly helped me with the luggage I was pulling from outside the hotel, up some stairs and into the lobby. We got our quad room quite fast actually. Just showed the receptionist a printed copy of the confirmation slip, paid and we got our room. Since we didn't book from the hotel website, no breakfast was included for the room type. They did ask if we wanted breakfast but we declined. Our room was at the third floor (Room 301). We had to go up a small secret staircase (hard to get up with big, heavy luggages) and into a narrow corridor. But that's alright. The room is quite big since it has to accommodate 2 double beds. There are 2 one-seater couches, 1 chair, table, dressing table and closet. The room even has an iron and ironing board, kettle and cups all that. And also small dressing tables beside the beds. The scenery outside is not that flattering though since you could see the roofs of the other buildings beside it. But to make up for it, at least it is closer to the skies.

The toilet, on the other hand, is small, even to my standard. The door lock of the toilet, unfortunately, was broken but did not really affect us. At least the door can be closed. The shower place is small, I have to admit. (I am 5 feet tall. I could shuffle around but couldn't stretch out my arms to full length.) No bath tub. When showering, we had to close the transparent door since water can splash out. Note to those claustrophobic. The space is really small. One solution if you want to book a room in this hotel. Leave the shower door open so you don't feel suffocated. Luckily, I'm not claustrophobic. Actually, the shower place is one of my favorite place in the room. It gave me the feeling that I'm going to the Hunger Games arena. (Reference to the movie scene where the tributes have to "board" this tube-like thing in order to go up to the arena.) Really cool. Furthermore, it would be great if the hotel can install a water spray beside the toilet bowl.

Another one of my favorite place in the room is actually the bed. It was so comfy!! And the pillow was so squishy!! I actually fell asleep really fast.

At night, it was quiet since we are at the back of the hotel, aside from people passing by outside the room since ours was located near a fire escape door which was used to go to other rooms but it didn't really bother us since we kind of sleep really early. Fire alarm did went out twice, the first time I was jolted awake but I quickly fell back asleep.

Room service was fine. During our stay, we didn't allow the housekeepers to step into the room. (We made our own beds.) We did asked for a change in towels, some tea and sugar, and a trash bag a couple of times. The housekeepers were friendly and ask whether we like anything else. A big shoutout to the first housekeeper who tended to us. We didn't know your name but thank you for being so kind and extra friendly.

Overall, the stay was pleasant. The room has a great ambience. The people were nice. The wifi connection was strong. The location of the hotel was great since it was walking distance from Paddington station, 2 halal Malaysian restaurants and many other shops. Yup. A great experience for us, first time visitors to London. We will book this hotel in the future if we ever visit London again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are quieter. Although you could still hear the dim sound of the ambul...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.