“Business visit .... pleasant stay”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #245 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed at the Park Grand for the second time and this is now my hotel of choice for future visits. The staff are exceptionally helpful and polite , hotel is very well maintained, breakfast good, the location is great and the Paddington train station is just a few minutes walk providing great connectivity.

Offers great value for money !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly on 020 7262 4521.

Your Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Park Grand London Hyde Park

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My group of eight spent another great four day visit to this Hotel after missing out last summer due to the Olympics. As on our past several visits we found the staff extremely polite and efficient. The premises are kept spotlessly clean and well maintained. The breakfast was of top quality and nothing was too much trouble to the staff who ensured a good start to the day. We would not hesitate to book this Hotel for our next visit to London. It's location is just right for transport links and pleasant walks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

19 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented by our team.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back again and ensure the best hospitality is provided at The Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent, service and infrastructure has improved. The staff are also very helpful and friendly. I got an upgrade as a premier card holder plus a 10% discount. I will certainly lodge there again. Also great value for the price and location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked six single rooms in this hotel for 2 nights because of its central location. The guests were all professional musicians involved in a performance in a central London venue. The rooms are very small but very clean and the beds are comfortable. The area is very quiet so sleeping with the window open was a welcome option. Breakfast was excellent, with fresh fruit, pineapple, water melon etc. and good hot choices also. The staff at both reception and in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The free Wi-Fi was quite weak in the rooms but was ok in the lounge area. Not exactly a luxury hotel but very adequate for a business trip.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Easy access from Heathrow Express train. Breakfast staff were very friendly and welcoming. The room was clean but rather tiny which I think is the norm for London. Only complaint being the fire alarm going off at all hours. Apparently when one person smokes in their room the alarm goes off in every room! Crazy. Tedious.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jarrod L

Your Sincerely

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights on 2 separate weeks (went to Rome and Paris in between) and booked 4 rooms.

1. Value for Money - Joined their Reward Programs (free) and got 10% off their room rates. We also got 3 rooms upgraded from 1 double bed room to 2 double beds room. For a family of 5 (2 kids + 1 baby), the 2 double beds room is comfortable for us.

2. Close to Halal Restaurants - Malaysian-owned restaurant Tuk Din, Indochina restaurant Banana Tree and Indian restaurant Khan's are less than 15 minutes walking distance.

3. Groceries shops and Laundries are also close by.

4. Paddington station is about 300m from the hotel.

5. HSBC ATM also located near the Paddington station.

6. Hotel rate is inclusive of breakfast.

There are basement rooms and rooms accessible via staircase, so if you travel with stroller/wheelchair, do inform them.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

14 June 2013

Reviewed June 13, 2013

For our first wedding anniversary my wife and I decided that a romantic 3 night stay in our wonderful capital city would fit the bill. We decided a Travelodge would not suit so sought out a more romantic, luxurious stay, as befitting an important anniversary. Google threw up the Park Grand at a price that suited so I did some homework and promptly booked it. My mistake. My fault. Silly. One might say a little naive. Good Lord, am I really that stupid? Even though the Park Grand is in Paddington it turns out it isn't. It's the Park Grand Hyde Park. Although it's not in Hyde Park. It's in Paddington. But it's not the Grand Park Paddington because, get this, that's a DIFFERENT hotel. (Same group though). Trades Description anyone? I only realised my mistake when, on asking where the bar was, we were taken to the basement and shown a fridge. I could have sworn the website showed a bar? I checked. It did. But not in the Park Grand Hyde Park (in Paddington). No. The bar was in the Park Grand Paddington. We didn't have a bar. Or a view. But we did have a fire escape. Attached to the building right out side our window. But that was useful because at 3.30 a.m on our first night the fire alarm went off. Still, it amused the people upstairs who carried on laughing and joking about it till 5 a.m. We know this because we heard them. Not that they were shouting. They didn't need to. The walls and ceilings were so thin you could hear a mouse sneeze. On our last day some guests arrived at 5 a.m. To the room next door. It's a good job we Brits aren't allowed to carry firearms. It took an hour for my wife to disarm me of her electric toothbrush. I had some fanciful idea of inserting it in someone, but my wife sweetly pointed out that perhaps I should use my own?
Still you have to laugh. But you don't have to stay here. There are better hotels. Or bridges. I've since discovered that there's a Travelodge in Covent Garden. At the same price. With a bar and restaurants and stuff. And a view. Allegedly. And it will save you a fortune in underground tickets.
I suppose the only reason you may want to stay at the Park Grand Hyde Park (in Paddington, not Hyde Park, but not the Park Grand Paddington) is that you work in London and you wish to get to know your secretary better. They do have large, comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top may have a view. Probably.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple