“Affordable and convenient hotel next to Paddington” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #266 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Sunnyvale, California
“Affordable and convenient hotel next to Paddington”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I chose this hotel because it offered the best value for my money and was located in the vicinity of Paddington, which meant I could take the train from Heathrow directly to the hotel. There is in fact a 5-10 minute walk which can be a bit annoying when it rains. Tube access is easy with Paddington (H&C, Circle, Bakerloo) and Lancaster Gate (Central) stations within a 5-10 min radius.

I stayed in a single, located in the basement, which was not a big deal, except that there wasn't much of a view. The hotel corridors are pretty narrow and windy, which some have complained looks like a maze and this can take a bit to get used to, but is not a huge issue. In any case, there is an elevator.

The single room was clean, but as mentioned by other reviewers, very small. Many of the single rooms are located in the hotel basement, which does not offer This made packing/unpacking a bit challenging because the only place large enough to open my suitcase was by the room doorway, next to the bathroom door, so it was not possible to go in and out of the bathroom with the suitcase unpacked. This was a minor nuisance that I'd be willing to live with. But amenities did include a hair dryer, in-room safe, flat-panel TV, business center; some of these are less common in budget hotels, and were nice to have.

WiFi signal was weak, and I could not use Skype to make calls from my room as I have done in previous hotels. It was usually good enough for email/web, but having 3G on my phone was sometimes helpful (there's a Vodafone store in Paddington Station, for those with unlocked phones).

Breakfast buffet was rich and traditional bacon-and-eggs, cheese platters, cereals, toasts, freshly-baked pastries were all available at 12 GBP daily when prebooked (even with breakfast included, this hotel was less expensive than many neighbors).

My only discomfort was that the bed was initially laid out with only a blanket and no lighter sheets. It got pretty hot at night, and I had to ask for sheets at the lobby. Not a big deal, but something I'd expect to have.

Overall, the location and hospitality is very good and I'd definitely come back here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that your experience overall was a positive one .Your comments have been re-laid to our team to ensure we are constantly providing best services to our guests.

I do hope you will return to us again in the near future. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please contact me directly.

Yours sincerely,
Gurdeep Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Having stayed for 2-nights last weekend, I think this was adequate for our requirements. Not quite a double bed for what we were led to believe was a deluxe room, and quite small, and our high floor room request had been ignored. Even more surprised that our breakfast had been downgraded to continental only (with a £5 each upgrade to full). We were the only couple limited by this that morning from what we observed. That said, the location is quiet and semi residential and the staff are polite and pleasing :) Read the hotel info book...they have penalties for certain behaviours! Obviously have have bad guests on occasion...

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Nicola Pensive J
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented by our team.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back again and ensure the best hospitality is provided at The Park Grand London Hyde Park.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Affordable stay and my daughter loved it as it was duplex with a little lounge upstairs. The bed was comfy but the walkway in the room was too narrow. After putting 3 luggages in, there was hardly anybspace to walk.

However, that's not worth to defer anyone from staying there. Tube and shops just a little walk away.

Will stay again should we visit london again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly on 020 7262 4521.

Your Sincerely,
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in 2 twin rooms. To be honest the room we had was quite small but it was well decorated and clean. Good shower room and everything we needed. Is fine if you only want to sleep there. Didnt try the breakfast at the hotel but a good cafe round the corner. Location great, 5 mins from Paddington. Fairly quiet area, gave a good nights sleep. Would def return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kath G
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay.

I am glad that your experience overall was a positive one .Your comments have been re-laid to our team and will be used to ensure we are constantly improving the product and services that we provide to our guests.

Yours sincerely,
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. Its the first time we've stayed here and I would certainly come back next time I'm in London. We only stayed one night in a twin and the size was fine. Hotel was clean and we had a lovely breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful. Location was perfect for us as we were going to a concert at the Shepherd's Bush O2, the hotel was only a 10 minute walk to Lancaster Gate Tube station and a few stops on the Central Line to Shepherds Bush. Also about the same distance from Paddington Station, giving mainline train and other Tube options. We had a room at the rear of the hotel and it was very quiet, also there was no noise from other guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Your Sincerely,
Helsingborg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

First time in the Paddington area. Hotel located very close to Paddington station and the ride with Heathrow Connect and Heathrow Express was a breeze. We found Park Grand to be a very pleasant Hotel with excellent location. Roms small but very adequat (we had 2 double beds, Family consisting of 4). Friendly and very helpful staff. For us breakfast was included and fine. Park Grand can be recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented our team. These positive comments about our team are greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back again. Given such an opportunity, I should be most grateful if you would contact me directly so that I can personally take care of your reservation and ensure the hospitality you would expect from Park Grand London Hyde Park.

orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days in a double room and was very happy with my choice. I was on my own but there was plenty of room for two. The price for the location and value in London was just right. When I chose a hotel in Europe I look for cleanliness and location, size of the room is not that important. The nicely done rooms are compact (think Ikea) but very functional. I liked the bathroom with shower/tub, closet to hang clothes, large tv screen, comfortable bedding. The English breakfast was good, buffet style in a light area downstairs. Not much space for suitcases, no view out of window but that wasn't important to me. The hotel is a 6-8 minute walk to either the train or tube, no fun lugging a suitcase but manageable enough. Very clean, good location, nice staff, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo