“Good location.”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #241 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed here for a weekend with a friend of mine who lives in London. I arrived from USA around 10AM, but I had to wait a few hours before there was a room available. The front desk woman on staff was very friendly and attentive, and offered me coffee and made sure to check up on me and update me consistently. Our first room was in the basement and Foursquare reviews warned against this, and I wasn't sure why. The room was small but the floors in the bathroom were heated which was nice. We found out why in the morning. It was near the breakfast room!

It was extremely loud and we were unable to sleep. We told this to the front desk and they offered to show us two rooms and give us a choice for which one we wanted. Very helpful! We were able to choose a room on a higher floor with more room (no heated floors, though), and were able to get some sleep. However, the higher up you go the worse the WiFi is. I had a great connection in the basement room though!

One negative is the difficulty of getting to the rooms. It literally reminded me of the Titanic. So many different narrow twists and turns! If you need assistance getting to your room, they will send someone with you. There is also a hold on your credit card which took two weeks to come off mine, but the staff was very understanding and helpful with removing this charge. The tube station was also a very short walk and very convenient (although a little sketchy at night).

Overall this was a pleasant stay. The staff made this hotel a good one!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the basement!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank D_Nicole85
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 0207262 4521.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Gurdeep Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (2,169)

Reviewed May 24, 2013

The accommodation was "compact" but adequate for our stay of two nights. The staff were helpful and friendly, and to be honest I would rate their attention as excellent. I had a minor medical condition that needed attended to, and I had to attend A&E. The staff on duty were attentive, and very quickly organised a taxi, and instructions where to go. The next morning a different member of staff on duty enquired as to how I was, and had everything worked out ok....I was impressed. The breakfast was very good, and the staff very attentive to our needs...it's the best tea I've had in a hotel for quite some time! If we stayed again, I'd like a bigger room and ensuite...we had booked a deluxe double, but because we arrived early, we were changed to another room at our own request. I don't think we were in a deluxe!

Dear Manager,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I am glad you have had a lovely stay with us, I was incredibly proud to relay your feedback to my team.

Your views are very much appreciated, we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay and we thank you for complimenting our hotel and hotel team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to keep us informed of our comments via TripAdvisor. If I can be of any assistance in the meantime please contact me directly on 020 7262 4521.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had booked to stay for two nights as we wanted to explore the Paddington area. On arrival, our request to store our bags was readily actioned. At check-in later that afternoon, the staff were very helpful, and took us to our room. The room was smaller than expected, but okay by London standards. Getting around the bed without knocking the flat screen TV off the wall caused some anxiety. However, the room was nice, the bathroom was clean and had good, new fittings, and we appreciated the free Wifi. The bowl of fruit and the tea/coffee/biscuits were nice to have.
As in some other hotels, we found the duvet too warm and ended up sleeping under the duvet cover only. We didn't follow this up, so it could be that there would have been a light blanket available if we had requested one. The staff were very helpful.
The breakfast (included in the room rate) is one of the best we have had in a London hotel.
We would very happily book into this hotel again.
Another plus is that the hotel is barely ten minutes walk from the lovely area around Little Venice and Regent's Canal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented our team. These positive comments about our team are greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back again. Given such an opportunity, I should be most grateful if you would contact me directly so that I can personally take care of your reservation and ensure the hospitality you would expect from Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The room was a good size and perfectly clean, the staff were friendly and attentive.
The purpose of my trip was to visit friends and do some shopping, from the hotel I was able to walk to Oxford street in around 40 minutes.

Buffet breakfast was as one would expect.

The cost of the hotel was very reasonable, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank donells123

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review following your recent stay at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

I am delighted to read that the team here at the Park Grand delivered, once again, a great costumer service experience which you found to be friendly and helpful.

I look very much forward to welcome you back at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

With kind regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel is an excellent example of the four star standard. The bedroom I booked is well furnished with two excellent king sized beds with medium to firm mattresses. The linen is spotless and there are plenty of pillows to rest a weary head. There is a complete absence of tobacco smells in the room and there is a charge for room 'fumigation' if anyone chooses to smoke. There is ample work space with a number of chairs should any guest need to do paperwork, use a laptop or similar. The shower room and toilet in my room (401) is small but well equipped. It has the latest style in 'new looking' sanitary ware and a thermostatically controlled shower regulator. There are plenty of good quality towels and toiletries; hardly any need to bring your own, unless you are a fan of a particular brand of shampoo or shower gel. A large flat screen TV and fully functioning remote control permits access to a full range of programmes. There are biscuits, tea and coffee making facilities. I took breakfast in the downstairs restaurant at a charge of £12:00. The food is very appetizing and includes a full range of fruit, juices, cereals and continental style and cooked breakfast items with a range of beverages to suit every conceivable taste. The employees are exceptionally helpful and polite and made sure that I enjoyed my stay to the fullest. I strongly recommend this hotel to even the most discerning guest. I was fortunate in that I booked using lastminute.com and so managed to obtain an excellent room tariff. Rates do vary and it is worth noting this. The hotel is approximately 5 minutes walk from Paddington underground station. If you are traveling with hand luggage only it is hardly necessary to book a taxi.

Room Tip: There is a lift to all floors but the bedrooms are routed and accessed via fairly narrow stairs. If...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like the opportunity to welcome you back again. Given such an opportunity, I should be most grateful if you would contact me directly so that I can personally take care of your reservation and ensure the hospitality you would expect from The Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Regards,

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked the Park Grand hotel just over a month ago and were really looking forward to having an enjoyable stay in 4 star accommodation.
Unfortunately this was not tha case as upon arrival at the hotel we were informed that there were maintenance works going on in the rooms and we would have to be transferred to a sister hotel immediately.
We never got an email pre warning us or a phone call despite them claiming that they tried to contact us. We were then told to go to the Shaftesbury premier hotel across the road where we were given what can only be described as "student accommodation" sized bedroom which was actually smaller than our own bedroom at home. Also we booked a superior room for what we considered a 4 star price only to get what we considered a 3 star.

However, on a good note we received a complimentary bottle of wine as compensation in the other hotel and the bed was very comfortable...just a really small bedroom! Website is slightly misleading so check before you book!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank William O
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com or you can call me on the number given below as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Gourav Gupta

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We arrived very early to the hotel and were warmly welcomed by staff and management. Jet lagged and sleepy we were just inquiring as to when we could access our room (we were 4 hours early!). The staff apologized profusely that it would be a 20 min wait. The room was spacious and comfortable and met our every need as did the staff and management. It was an outstanding experience.

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor was very quiet

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observations
We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards