“Birthday Celebration”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #243 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed overnight to go to the theatre on Friday night and visit Hyde Park and environs to celebrate my husband's birthday. The hotel was a short walk from the tube station. Staff were extremely friendly & helpful and the hotel gave us a free upgrade from double room to club suite which was really kind of them. Even though the rooms are small due to the traditional London apartment building, they are furnished to a high standard with very comfortable furnishings. The buffet style breakfast was plentiful with good food and attentive service. After checkout, we were able to leave our luggage until the evening so that we could enjoy a day touring. A very pleasant stay all round.

Room Tip: Definitely choose the Club Suite - it provides separate lounge area which makes for a much more rela...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service. Kindly let me inform before you next visit & I will do the needful.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Although the room could of been bigger...we didn't plan on staying in the room more than we had to as there is so much to see in London
Breakfast was plentyful,again staff were friendly and helpful.
Hotel was clean and good location.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed here this weekend for my wife's birthday. The hotel was clean and on the whole, with some exceptions the staff where polite. The room was very small and although our friends had paid the same amount for the same standard of room their room in every way was smaller by some considerable portion. When this was mention the answer given was " that's just how it is not every room is the same". That being the case the price should reflect this difference, not a particularly great answer nor very professional. Also, and this my area of expertise (I earn my wage in this industry) our friends had a ironing board with a built in iron which had electrical wires exposed and was broken which plastic covers that made up the iron and concealed the irons electrical parts, this would be considered to be a code 2 failure of safety and should not be used at all or left in the room as there is a high potential that anyone using this piece of electrical equipment could receive an electrical shock our friends obviously did not used it . When this was reported in a polite way it was meet with a disconcerting almost non believing response that our friend was over reacting and this could not be the case, only when pictures where shown that the member of staff backed down but with no apology! This could be reported to the relevant safety organisation which I am sure would love to here of dangerous equipment left in rooms for guests to use...!!!! I am sure not really the sort of thing that they would like to have. To sum up the hotel is in an ok location, is clean, the breakfast was ok apart from the cold eggs and some sausages (it is a help yourself buffet) which staff again said they believed to be acceptable, be honest is over priced for a room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.
Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We selected this hotel because of its proximty to Paddington Station and the Heathrow Express. It's only two blocks away. Other than that, it's pretty typical of this area and style of hotel. Clean, fairly well decorated rooms with updated ensuites with shower, large TV and free WiFi. But, as with all similar hotels, the standard rooms are very small ... room for the bed, your suitcases, a pathway to the toilet ... and that's about it. Breakfast was typical buffet style, including Full English. Generally during our two week stay in the UK, the beds have been slightly on the firm side and very comfortable. The mattress in our room this time was getting a little tired and was too soft to be considered comfortable. Don't expect a view, especially from the lower floors. At least the window could be opened in our room for fresh air. So ... very convenient, but just a place to sleep, with no real complaints.

Room Tip: Avoid the "lower ground" floor (a.k.a. "the basement"). Second floor or higher o...
1  Thank pkrockit

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the comments .As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for you. Please let me know about your future visit to do the arrangement.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had the smallest room on our floor (according to the fire escape plan) and boy did it ever feel that way. Even though it was super clean, it's just about the smallest room I've ever been in (excluding hostels). Of course London is a pricey town and this is a good option in that sense, but I don't feel we got our money's worth. The room has about zero extras, no hair dryer, no fridge (but a place where they ripped the fridge out) and zero space. The TV's mounted sideways on the wall with no way to turn it so you had no convenient way to see the tv (as the bed was facing the other direction). The bed was really soft and strange, I usually like soft beds but this one has given me back pain in the mornings and I felt like I was going to roll out the entire night. Very clean but I can't wait to get out of here and I wouldn't return.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for staying with us at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Fortunately today is my last day in this hotel. I stayed there for 6 nights and every morning I woke with a aching back. I complained two times because of the bed and the second time they did something, but the bed is still one of the worst I ever slept in.
The room itself is very tiny, but clean. This is the reason for the second rating point. Otherwise it would be only one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

A very nice hotel, quiet and good breakfast. close to paddington station, would definitely go there again. Staff were extremely friendly and we were allowed to leave our suitcases in safekeeping as we arrived early. Look on their own website for cheaper deals.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us. We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit & will look forward to see you soon.