“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #263 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Portland, Maine
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I just returned from four nights at the Park Grand London Hyde Park. I booked a single room and the other reviews are correct, the singles are tiny. But it was very clean and neat. I really appreciated the heated floor in the bathroom. There are no lifts that I'm aware of, and getting to my room required going through a series of fire doors, down several corridors and up a windy bit of stairs, but an employee was nice enough to bring my bag up to the my room for me. When I got in I was a little confused on how the lights worked. I called the front desk and someone came up within a minute to help. All the employees are friendly and helpful, and the room was always very clean when I returned in the afternoon. The hotel is nicely located near Paddington Station. It's in a quiet neighboorhood and I didn't hear any traffic or other noises at night. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. With regards to Lift, We do have lifts as we have 7 floor building. Kindly inform me before next visit & I will certainly try to book you on higher floor. Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place stayed for 2 days with family kids love it had the quad family room cant complain at all very good prices and the breakfast was first class had a great stay in london and was a great hotel to come back to at night will stay again

Room Tip: If you are a family of 4 go for the quad room cant go wrong
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises. We are more than happy to have you with us and will defiantly look forward to your visit.
For assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Some past reviews of this hotel were not very good but I found the price to be reasonable and in a good location so I took a risk and booked it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean and comfortable. I ordered room service due to my late evening arrival. Room service food was nothing special but hit the spot in regards to something pretty simple (it was either pizza or a sandwich). Breakfast was included with my room which was great and they had lots of food options to choose from. Wifi was included as well which is a must have for me. I did have a hard time in the rain and snow and dark finding the hotel but it is near Paddington station. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: They asked if I wanted to take a room right next to the reception desk but then I asked for a more q...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked this hotel on business at the end of January. However when I arrived at the hotel I was told I would be moved to a sister hotel in Hounslow (No prior warning at all to give me a chance to book into another hotel!) (Also Hounslow is a bad area, not a safe part of London). This area was NOT convenient location wise and when I explained this but I was told they could not offer anything else at any other hotel. I had to make a 40 minute journey all the way to Hounslow, and get up even earlier in the morning to attend the business event. Do not bother booking with this hotel as they will just shove you somewhere else. Abysmal service and RUDE staff. DO NOT BOOK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank GL15
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.
Gourav Gutpa
Frome, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for one night whilst on a Theatre trip to London. We were offered single rooms instead of the twin we booked on the ground floor. These rooms were clean and modern and had everything we needed to be comfortable. We were early for check in but as our rooms were ready we were given our keys when we arrived and were able to leave our bags and get off into town. The staff we met were all really helpful. Will definately use the hotel again.

Room Tip: If you're a single traveller they are quite a few single rooms so you can save paying supplement...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises, your check in process. We are more than happy to have you with us and will defiantly look forward to your visit.
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was quite concerned that our weekend away would be a disaster! But, all things considered, we would definitely return to this Hotel. It's location is excellent, the staff are all very helpful and friendly. We were upgraded to a Club Room on arrival, which was a nice surprise. It had a strange configuration but when we got used to going upstairs for a cup of tea, it was fine. The bathroom was the only disappointment, being incredibly small but all things considered this wouldn't deter us from returning. The thing that some people have complained about was the breakfast. I can honestly say we have not had better and we have travelled all over the world in a variety of different quality accomodations. There was a wonderful array of items to choose from, from cereals, to continental, full english (the best sausages I've had in any hotel we been at!) and to be honest, anything you wanted. The staff were helpful, fast to action all requests and constantly restocking the breakfast selections. Well done! I really shouldn't have worried so much!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby, lifts and basement!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on our breakfast selection.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed in Park Grand London Hyde Park for 5 nights. We arrived at late night and left at the early morning. The checking in and out went quite okay, except paying by cash (which was easier for us because of sharing the cost of the room) made it a bit tricky and slow, especially when we were leaving.

We stayed at the deluxe twin room and it was very nice and clean. I have no idea why people here write that the rooms are very small at the Park Grand Hyde Park, our room was a good size, we had a big telly and huge comfy beds. The location of the hotel was also perfect!

The reviews I read from the internet of the hotel were very different from each other and I didn't know what to believe. Anyway the hotel was a very nice surprise, it was lovely and i recommend it with all my heart. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: If there's something you want to know, just ask! We asked a quiet room because of my friends hea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Susanna A
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.

Best Regards