“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #255 of 1,067 Hotels in London
swindon
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here 19 marches one night for my wife’s birthday, from arriving early and them sorting room giving us tea coffee as we waited to the room, the staff breakfast had a truly fantastic time.
The staff were outstanding best service I have had, and the room was superb had duplex club room was hot and radiator downstairs had no shut off but bed was lovely fruit wine and soft drinks complimentary.
In the morning full English brekkie was great also did continental.
For once had nothing to complain about the check in staff the guy on the desk at night all and the restaurant staff nothing was too much trouble
went to see lion king great show for once i actaully made her day on her birthday so many thanks to all at the hotel.

Room Tip: club rooms are great was some road noise but it is london
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stays with us. Thank you for your positive comments about the Hotel.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel are a few 100 m from Paddington station. If your travelling to Heathrow and use the Heathrow express your there in 25min.
Around Paddington there are a lot of diners(Italian).
In the hotel you have free WI-fi and and free PC to use in the lobby.
Nice welcoming staff. And a fast elevator.
The rooms are as most hotels in London. Small compeered to the size you may reckon from other country's. But in London style this hotel is clean and welcoming.

Good value for your money.

Room Tip: We got rooms away from the street in front of the hotel were there were a lot of traffic.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Once again, I have enjoyed a good stay at a Shaftesbury Hotel, this time the Park Grand Hyde Park. This time, I arranged for my parents also to stay and they were very happy with the hotel, the room and the service.

We only had two minor complaints.

Both of our rooms became extremely warm and we had to have the windows open all night.

The other small complaint was that the iron in my room was pretty useless although did the job eventually. I was in a hurry so did not have time to change it.

Other than these two issues, I would recommend the hotel and will continue to use this chain. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are clean, well appointed and comfortable. Prices were extremely reasonable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DONALD M
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By giving us your feedback , it gives us an opportunity to improve.

Gourav Gutpa
Newton Abbot, Devon
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Booked this for a birthday treat weekend away so was a little worried when reading a few negative feedbacks. On arrival was advised that I was complimentary upgraded to a club room so was instantly impressed! The rooms are clean and modern and all you need for a comfortable weekend away is to hand. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Great location to paddington station and will definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dani150383
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on upgrade policy.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards
Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed March 16, 2013

It has friendly and helpful staff. It also has a warm and friendly atmosphere. The rooms are standard for a central London hotel. I got upgraded because i am a premier card holder. I have visited many times and i will visit again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your wonderful review.
Hope to welcome you back soon!
OMAGH
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed in this hotel from the 6th March to the 10th March . From the moment that I arrived was made very welcome by all the staff . Hotel spotless I had a room at the top of the hotel at the back, I was traveling on my own and I had no problems with this room at , nice shower bathroom ect and comfy and clean single bed nice quite room . Breakfast was very good plenty of choice ,from the restaurant manager to all the staff at breakfast they just looked after your every need and could not do enough to help you . Also the restaurant was spotless and they have a nice conservatory just at the back of the restaurant which also has a few tables ,so you can sit and enjoy your breakfast . Small bar for residents and prices I found were very good , it a nice place to finish of a night with 1 or 2 drinks . The whole experience was first class .
Close to Hyde Park and also a few very nice bars within walking distance and also just a 10 minutes from Paddington Station .
Lovely area and yes I will return to this hotel and I have already told my friends and family , can't recommend this hotel enough .
Thanks against to all the staff and that's all the staff for making me very welcome and and enjoying my say at you Hotel .

Room Tip: Having stayed I would say that all the rooms would have a high standard .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like thank you for your feedback and I am happy that we were able to meet your expectation and we are more than happy to welcome you back in near future.
Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Mumbai
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Once again back to this hotel within the fortnight every thing excellent from the time you check in to the time you check out.Very helpful staff ,courteous to the core thank you all looking to next times.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the backside
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.