“comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #261 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Hertford, United Kingdom
“comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband & I stayed in the deluxe double & were very pleasantly surprised. It was a very spacious room & very tastefully decorated. Cleanliness of hotel & dining room were very good. Breakfast was plentiful & very nice. This was our second stay & we will definitely come back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our Breakfast
We hope to see you again very soon.
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Comfortable Hotel close to two underground stations. Attentive staff particularly at breakfast where the service was first class. For easy access to London we would recommend this Hotel and we will be staying on our next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness ,
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards
Xabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed 24th feb 2013 & was made very welcome by the Hotel manager & staff, who even arranged my collection from euston station which was helpful & inexpensive .
My room was quite compact but very comfortable & the TV was excellent. Just a ten min walk from paddington & lots of shops & restraunts.
Will be using again as very good value for money, but best of All excellent welcoming staff
Thank you.

Room Tip: I had room 406 which was ideal with a very comfortable bed, sorry there is No swimming pool as I sa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises, our fabulous staff, & me. We are more than happy to have you with us and will defiantly look forward to your visit.

For assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Slagelse, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stay three nights at the hotel for a break away in London. The room was really nice even though we were a little surprised that we were going to stay in the basement, but the room was very neat and combed. The breakfast was very good and highly recommended. All in all a really good stay, and we would like to book the same hotel again. Excellent service!

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.
As mentioned, we have rooms in therbasement .However,Please let me inform about your future visit, I will make sure we arrange higher floor for you & ensure you have another relaxing visit . I also would like to thank you for your observation in regards to our Breakfast
We hope to see you again very soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our family of 4 (2 young children) stayed here back in October (sorry for such a late review). The hotel is in a perfect location for accessing the tube and very comfortable/clean.
The staff went above and beyond in all ways, especially Javal. His helpfulness and kindness made the stay amazing. Our youngest still talks about her friend Javal to this day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BLD23
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff especially Jamal. I will definitely convey your message to him.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Chichester UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I booked one night for my husbands 60th birthday as a surprise and had ordered, on line when booking, a bottle of wine for the room. Was a little disappointed when we first arrived as although we had been upgraded to a club room it was not quite what we expected. We couldn't find the bed at first and then discovered that it was upstairs!! There was confusion over the ordered bottle of wine and the complementary wine, fruit etc in the room and the bottle of wine was sent up after I had made the staff aware that it had been ordered. We were not made aware of the items being complementary until we asked the following day. We will know next time. Maybe there could be a note left for the guests to inform them of the complementary items. Breakfast was very good and the staff throughout the hotel we friendly and helpful. Would definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Derjac
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us you feed back especially Complementary Note, it gives us an opportunity to improve. Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.
Yours Sincerely,
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My partner and I booked last minute for a 3 night break away in London. We were not disappointed. Just a few minutes walk from Paddington station, we found the check in very easy and were pleased with our room. We were on the top floor so had to climb a flight of stairs after the lift, but as we are fit and able it was no problem for us. The room was a nice size despite being up in the Gods! and was also very clean. I had seen some previous reviews that said the bathrooms were on the small size. Its true that the toilet is closely set to the shower, however I could only ever see this being a problem if you are of large stature, so no issue for us.
I have no particular negatives to say about this hotel, but if I had to, I would say that on the last day we were only supplied with one bath towel, not two, although I am quite sure that I had spoken to reception, we would have been supplied with another.
Although we did not use the bar/restaurant facilities so can't give a 'full' review, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you are unfit or disabled then I would suggest you ask for a room that's not on the top floor...
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on Park Grand London Hyde Park.
I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange rooms with a bigger bathroom for you. Please let me know about your future visit to do the arrangement.
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.