“SCAM” 1 of 5 stars

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #263 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“SCAM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We booked a room via lastminute and at no point it was indicated the room is actually in a "sister hotel". They didn't even say the Park Grand was full. This is a Shaftesbury chain hotel, the Paddington one. On top of that they only said our rooms are on the other side of the road. We tried to find the place for 15 minutes during which we called twice to Park Grand, but they still didn't give us clear enough information, so we walked back to Park Grand.

The person at reception came outside and said she would show us where the hotel is. After 5 minutes she admitted she didn't know either! In freezing cold and with some blisters this was not my idea of great weekend

Now we are in a freezing cold tiny hotel room (I don't mind the size so much, this is London after all) that cannot possibly be 4*. After reading all the good reviews from here, I am very disappointed.

Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Tanjarine
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies

Thank you very much.
Gourav Gutpa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Me and my partner stayed a couple of night at the Park Grand London. It was located very well, just near Paddington Station which is good to get around on the tube. However for the price we paid ($100AUD per night) I think this place was a little bit over rated.

Check in was easy and the staff were very happy to help us bring our bags up to the room. However, when we arrived into the room, (room 310) we found it to be very small with a HUGE bed that left no space to open your suitcases. it had a HUGE television (about 45inch) on the wall opposite the bed which made it very harsh on the eyes to watch.
The bathroom was clean and cute with some small rust marks in the corners.

On the first morning we were woken up at 6am to a piercing and ridiculously loud alarm sound which we thought was a fire alarm. After putting shoes on the calling room service to see what the alarm actually was, I couldn't ever understand what I was told but just heard "sorry sir, sorry for the inconvenience"
That night we ordered a bottle of water through room service which took 3 room service calls and an hour and a half to be brought up, followed by a call an hour later (while we were asleep) to ensure we received the 4 pound bottle of water.
The next morning we were again woken up by the piercing alarm sound to just receive a "sorry, it wont happen again"

I would say our overall experience was fairly average if not poor for the price of this hotel which was willing to charge up 18pounds each extra if we wanted a breakfast. Thin walls so you can hear EVERYTHING from next door and above. Probably wouldn't stay here again. There seems to be nicer hotels around for less.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read about your stay at the hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests as this helps us to improve our service and product.

I would like to confirm you that on both the occasions there was a Fire Alarm due to smoking in the room. Unfortunately, as per the law we cannot switch off the alarm and it’s defiantly for the security of our guest. In regards to Room service, I will investigate the incident and we will make sure to re train our staff to assist our entire guests and expunge this kind of inconvenience. However, I profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you ,Once again thank you for your feedback and Please contact me directly for any further reservations and I shall make sure we restore your faith back in us.
Best regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is great. Clean with friendly and attentive staff. We were greeted, checked in swiftly and taken to our room. The rooms are small but for the price you cant complain. Full breakfast in the morning sets you up for the day out. The location couldnt be better walking distance of kennsingron park. Lots of resturants ro choose form. Would go again.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on our hotel cleanliness.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pleasant staff. Well equipped although very small room.
Clean modern if a bit lacking in character
Very handy both for station and getting into central London.
Restaurant choice nearby a bit limited
Given price really, can't complain

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to contact me in advance to arrange bigger room for you. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Don't bother booking as they will have a maintenance problem which appears to be a continuous thing according to previous reviews. You will be moved to a hotel that is completely inconvenient regarding location (also a rough area) and not be informed of this 'maintenance problem' until check in.

3 Thank holidaydreamer35
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies.

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I could not fault the facilities or the staff. The room was a very good four star standard and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
I arrive at lunch time on my first day and check in was no problem as I was given a room immediately.
There were plenty of staff who who all very eager to offer help and assistance. The room was quiet, clean and a very good standard.
The full English breakfast included in my deal was good quality and well presented and on both mornings the staff were again pleasant and helpful.
All in all a very refreshing change from some London hotels I have used.

• 5 of 5 stars
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By giving us your feed back , it motivates our staff . Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.
Yours Sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. The standard was high, the facilities great. I was particularly impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and it was dealt with promptly. I would definitely recommend it.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Kind Regards