“Like being woken up at 6 am every morning?”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #261 of 1,088 Hotels in London
“Like being woken up at 6 am every morning?”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Me and my partner stayed a couple of night at the Park Grand London. It was located very well, just near Paddington Station which is good to get around on the tube. However for the price we paid ($100AUD per night) I think this place was a little bit over rated.

Check in was easy and the staff were very happy to help us bring our bags up to the room. However, when we arrived into the room, (room 310) we found it to be very small with a HUGE bed that left no space to open your suitcases. it had a HUGE television (about 45inch) on the wall opposite the bed which made it very harsh on the eyes to watch.
The bathroom was clean and cute with some small rust marks in the corners.

On the first morning we were woken up at 6am to a piercing and ridiculously loud alarm sound which we thought was a fire alarm. After putting shoes on the calling room service to see what the alarm actually was, I couldn't ever understand what I was told but just heard "sorry sir, sorry for the inconvenience"
That night we ordered a bottle of water through room service which took 3 room service calls and an hour and a half to be brought up, followed by a call an hour later (while we were asleep) to ensure we received the 4 pound bottle of water.
The next morning we were again woken up by the piercing alarm sound to just receive a "sorry, it wont happen again"

I would say our overall experience was fairly average if not poor for the price of this hotel which was willing to charge up 18pounds each extra if we wanted a breakfast. Thin walls so you can hear EVERYTHING from next door and above. Probably wouldn't stay here again. There seems to be nicer hotels around for less.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent stay with us. I was very sorry to read about your stay at the hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests as this helps us to improve our service and product.

I would like to confirm you that on both the occasions there was a Fire Alarm due to smoking in the room. Unfortunately, as per the law we cannot switch off the alarm and it’s defiantly for the security of our guest. In regards to Room service, I will investigate the incident and we will make sure to re train our staff to assist our entire guests and expunge this kind of inconvenience. However, I profusely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you ,Once again thank you for your feedback and Please contact me directly for any further reservations and I shall make sure we restore your faith back in us.
Best regards
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel is great. Clean with friendly and attentive staff. We were greeted, checked in swiftly and taken to our room. The rooms are small but for the price you cant complain. Full breakfast in the morning sets you up for the day out. The location couldnt be better walking distance of kennsingron park. Lots of resturants ro choose form. Would go again.

• Stayed January 2013
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a pleasure to read about our team’s friendliness and also your comments on our hotel cleanliness.
Hope to have a chance to give you warm welcome back in the near future.
Best Regards
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Pleasant staff. Well equipped although very small room.
Clean modern if a bit lacking in character
Very handy both for station and getting into central London.
Restaurant choice nearby a bit limited
Given price really, can't complain

Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to contact me in advance to arrange bigger room for you. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Don't bother booking as they will have a maintenance problem which appears to be a continuous thing according to previous reviews. You will be moved to a hotel that is completely inconvenient regarding location (also a rough area) and not be informed of this 'maintenance problem' until check in.

3 Thank holidaydreamer35
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies.

Thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I could not fault the facilities or the staff. The room was a very good four star standard and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
I arrive at lunch time on my first day and check in was no problem as I was given a room immediately.
There were plenty of staff who who all very eager to offer help and assistance. The room was quiet, clean and a very good standard.
The full English breakfast included in my deal was good quality and well presented and on both mornings the staff were again pleasant and helpful.
All in all a very refreshing change from some London hotels I have used.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By giving us your feed back , it motivates our staff . Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.
Yours Sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. The standard was high, the facilities great. I was particularly impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and it was dealt with promptly. I would definitely recommend it.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Hot Springs
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel was very convenient to the Underground train. The rooms were small and very clean. The breakfast was very good with a continential and a hot bar. Free wi-fi. We were booked into another hotel but when we got there, there were no rooms for us, thank goodness. They moved us to the park grand which was a step up. The bathroom had ample room to bath and get dressed. The bedroom had a queen bed a desk, chair and closet. Iron, ironing board and hair dryer were furnished. No clock in the room. Good lighting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange better room.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our Breakfast
We hope to see you again very soon.