“Wouldn't want my dog to stay here!!!!”

Park Grand London Hyde Park
Ranked #258 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Wouldn't want my dog to stay here!!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! Originally we were ment to stay in Park Grand Paddington but on arrival we were told our room that was allocated to us had a leak (obviously a lie as I have read other people's reviews. Then when we got to there sister hotel park grand Hyde park we were taken to our room M3 away from the other hotel rooms it was cold and stunk of cigarettes. It was a tiny room you couldn't even swing a cat in there or even walk around the bed. No mini bar which Is standard in most hotels these days especially a 4 star haha this hotel is more like a 2 star if that! When I complained I was told there was grading of rooms that's why there was no mini bar, so next time I will have to pay more that 110 pounds to get a mini bar what a joke!!! It noisy and the fire alarm went off at 11.00 pm. I'm very unhappy with my stay here and can't wait to leave tomorrow!!! Would never come back. I advise anyone looking to come to this hotel to read all the reviews it is all true!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for you. However, our hotel has a no smoking policy, should have know about the smell of smoking, we surely would have moved you to different room.
Please let me know about your future visit to do the special arrangement.
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here on Saturday for a friends Birthday. We booked for 9 people and only got 6 beds!! We were then told they had no more linen in the entire hotel to make up any spare beds. It took from midnight to 3am to finally get some spare duvets. They expected us to sleep on the floor. The front reception desk were rude, unhelpful and no one would take responsibility as the manager was off! Breakfast was a a joke their was 17 table for the entire capacity of the hotel. The food was dry, cold plates, smelly cutlery and frothy orange juice. We could not wait to leave and we were not the only ones complaining. I would not recommend this hotel for service, helpfulness of staff, standard of food or value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.
We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
We hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future and prove our hard work.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have booked this hotel for 1st December 2012, not even stayed there yet and am disgusted by their managements treatment of us as a party!

I booked this hotel for a family shopping trip. Centrally located, near to winter wonderland The kids could stay while later and we wouldnt have to worry about dragging them across London to get to the hotel.

However upon calling to confirm my booking I have been told that our hotel has been moved due to double booking (I booked this hotel 3rd October 2012) . Being told I had been moved to the Shaftsbury Paddington Hotel. .. no email or telephone call recieved to say this was the case. I called again to check the address and was advised Westbourne terrace w2 3YY it would appear there are numurous Paddington Shaftsbury hotels ... which one is ours?? Is there even a room booked. I have no way of contacting them? Does this hotel even exsist.

As I am traveling with children I am concerned if there is a room booked at all. I am terrified to book another hotel as the Park Grand London Hyde Park has my Credit Card information, and paying for 2 hotels would blow my budget. This was meant to be a relaxing Christmas shopping trip... If you want relaxation and peace of mind DONT BOOK HERE

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Clair p
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can discuss this further.
Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friend and I both had rooms , on the 1st and 5th floors which we paid £135 each for the night, the rooms to be fair were'nt too bad , mine was quirky with a picture window looking straight into the bathroom . We experienced really bad service on return from the Theatre as my friends lights didnt work , apparently we had broken them using our door cards too fast in the controls , we were actually told off :-) and I mean told off . The next morning I was woken up by the fire alarms which I reacted too , PANICK PANICK PANICK , only to be told it was stream in the kitchen , the alarms continued to go off all morning , so no getting back to sleep for me , reading other reviews this is a common problem. Breakfast was the icing for us ,Chaos Chaotic Mayhem sums up Breakfast , the waiter pointed to a table and said when it was laid we were to sit there, at the same time 2 couples must have been allocated the same table and "our " table was pushed together with another table and the 2 couples sat down with thier Breakfast plated , only for the waiter to pick up one the guys plates and actually evict him from the table along with his friend, we were horrified , we said we would wait but was told to sit there , we were shocked at the rudeness and was upset as we had to sit with the 2 wives whilst thier husbands were made to wait holding thier plates until they were seated elsewhere , very embaressing . On the way back to my room, a couplewhere in the lift with me and the duty manager , they were extremly upset as the lady had walked into her room only to find housekeeping trying on her shoes , this just summed up the hotel for me. It's in a very nice location, but it is not a 4 star by any means and the service is horrendus , rude unhelpful staff.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
1 Thank klysander
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

In regards to breakfast, I am sorry to hear that there was no space available, I must admit that our breakfast timings are from 07.30to 10.30 am but most of the guest like to come at the last moment which create busy atmosphere. I also must inform that due to busy morning we have extended our breakfast timings from 10.30 to 11.30 just to keep ease.
With regards to fire alarm, it’s for our staff & as well as our guest security which is required by law and am sorry to say that we cannot do any change to it. However, I appreciate your comments and I would like to request you to give us another opportunity to serve you and I am sure you will not be disappointed with the service.

Please write to me directly on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com and I will assist you to get best possible rate & room.
milan, italy
Reviewed November 26, 2012

After 30 years of leaving school, we had a reunion in London, linking up to South Africa to our school friends there. We came from all over Europe. First of all, to book 5 rooms was a disaster, as the one hand didnt know what the other hand was doing. I called to book 2 rooms for the night before the others arrived, but when I got there, they hadn't understood and changed the nights around. I booked single rooms not thinking that they would be 1.5 by 1.5m!! It was or us or our luggage. I then had asked if we could use a room for our skype linkup, but that was forgotten and the person that I had spoken to wasn't there of course. It was like living in a bunker. 6,30am on saturday the alarm in the kitchens went off, so obviously we couldn't go back to sleep. No room in the breakfast room, as there were only 17 tables for about 300 guests. I certainly do not recommend this hotel as it put a damper on things.

Room Tip: never take a single room, but I am not sure because every single guest complained about their suites...
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear from you.
As mentioned, our room is indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room.
It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com for your future booking and I will personally assist to book your room.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Epsom Downs
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Husband booked this hotel for my 40th as a surprise. What a surprise it was they supposedly had maintenance issues (read previously in reviews) so we couldn't stay in hotel had to go Shaftesbury hotel down the road. Our complaint and unhappiness fell on deaf ears mainly due to inexperience and not understanding us. Was rushed to other hotel which didn't look like one at all, no apology given, no upgrade offered. The basement box room we were given had the fire exit stairs right outside window with workmen going up and down, shouting due to blocked drains and also having a good look in our room! Now when I say box room I mean the room was built around the bed literally, whoever was by the wall side would have to climb right over to get out and you couldn't pass by each other as not enough room. Very close to tears at this point my husband went back upstairs to complain on the deaf ears and was told he would be shown around another room, but was just handed the keys and had to find it himself. This room was slightly bigger and you could walking sideways get around the bed, so this one we had.
I was very disappointed in the service we received or not as the case may be and my husband was disappointed as he had the park grand booked for a month before my birthday and we didn't stay there or had any correspondence to say that there was maintenance work going on. So I feel that they took my husbands money under false pretences because if we had wanted to stay at the Shaftesbury we would have booked it.
Absolutely disgusting service from such a big chain of hotels!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Regularly visit London on a weekly basis so a good hotel with friendly staff, warm comfy room and bed, modern facilities and a hearty cooked breakfast always are a winning formula. Well you have all of this at this hotel. It's nice to have a full sized bath in these hotels and a large flat screen wall mounted, all the furnishings are modern and the rooms are clean. Will be making this my regular hotel moving forwards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com