“A Good Stay”

Ranked #255 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Athens, Greece
“A Good Stay”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Room was clean, Emma and all the staff ws extremely polite. Stayed at a two single room with sofa which may have slept four, but we prefered to sleep three on two beds (two adults and a child) as the beds were luxurious. The room was spacious with TV and aircondition (which we did not need to use). The bathroom was clean. Breakfast tasty and plenty. Booked with an offer so it was very good value-for money, Near Paddington station and Lancaster gate (central line) which proved very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 7th floor have no elevator but marvelous view
1 Thank Georgios K
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

A good stay. Room was clean. Miriam had been good to change us into a room with 3 single beds, instead of 2 singles with 1 sofa bed. The beds were comfortable. Staff were helpful. Close to paddington tube station. Love the stay and wud come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at Park Grand London Hyde Park were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back .
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had an excellent spacious room that had both air conditioning and windows that I could open. As I tend to stay in Shaftesbury hotels around town. The only issue I had was with the elevator being constantly full. Otherwise I had a really good stay and will definitely use it again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear John,
Thank you for your lovely comments.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know beforehand so that I can try to arrange same room for you..

Barling Magna, Southend-on-sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We booked via the internet on a special 'one day' offer. It was excellent value. Room and bathroom very clean although the bathroom was very small. A friend who was staying in another room had a much bigger bathroom. Luck of the draw.

Bed was very comfortable but the walls are pretty thin.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Parking is great, immediately outside the hotel. Good breakfast. Book your breakfast as it is £3.00 cheaper!

Room Tip: Our friends had a room on the 6th floor and looked very good.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and feel very proud that the team at The Park Grand London Hyde Park were able to meet you expectations and that you loved the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back

hochi minh
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Booked a 5 night stay (on day 2 right now)..
After arriving fRom Paris and an exhausting day of sightseeing, went to have a shower and no hot water. Staff said nothing could be done until morning. So today i asked to speak to a manager. Not only did i tell her of the hot water problem (which the night staff had made no record of) i demanded an upgraded room as the one we were in was so small there was no room for our suitcases.
Upgrade, omg the room is no bigger, wallpaper is pealing from wall and it's noisy and smells musty.

Room Tip: Avoid like the plague
1 Thank kitkatkoe1
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Ms Cotter,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your stay.
After our conversation, we showed you few rooms and I am glad you liked room 305 and continued you stay with us. Along with this, I also placed bottle of wine in your room and surely you must have enjoyed it with you Father.
On our departure, I am happy that we were able to meet you expectations and I will look forward to welcome you back.
Please write to me when your plan your next trip to London & I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on the hotest weekend of the year! The air conditioning was a godsend. The hotel is in easy walking distance from Paddington and Hyde Park. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes close by so paying for breakfast isn't really necessary. The rooms are compact but nicely decorated, with a lovely comfortable bed and pillows. There is a safe in the room which was very useful. The bathrooms are modern and very clean and bright. The shower was very powerful. We had fruit in our room on arrival but no bottled water as stated on the website. The staff were very helpful and we were allocated another room as ours wasn't ready on arrival. There are free daily papers in the reception and lounge areas. We enjoyed our stay here. It was clean and comfortable and a place to rest up after a busy day in the city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear as they are away from the busy road particularly if its warm so you can l...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us.

I am writing to you personally to thank you for your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had an enjoyable and comfortable time during your stay with us. We will surely take a note of your feedback which will help us to deliver excellent customer service.

We will look forward to welcome you back and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I doubt the authenticity of any review here that rates this hotel as anything higher than average. If you're lucky, they might, on their best day, make it to average.

More likely, you're in for a bad experience. Hotel doesn't have all the amenities it advertises, those it does have, are liable not to work. And, for an interesting experience, try having a shower in the morning without cold water (yes, I said cold water).

Our stay was very unpleasant, and I mentioned it to the day staff (who, unlike some of the night staff, are actually nice enough). Manager contacted me to ask for another chance. But when I contacted him to book another stay at a promised discount rate, I never heard back from him.

I haven't even mentioned the tiny and shabby rooms, which, in fairness, are typical of most of the hotels in the area.

Overall, this hotel is rated as "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK".

Room Tip: Chose a room in another hotel
1 Thank lane99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor.

As you have have mentioned you have contact Manager and there was no response.

I request you to please write to me once again as I did not receive any email under the name of ( Lane). Write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com and I will be glad reply to your email.