Park Grand London Hyde Park
$369
$308
Hilton
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $364/night.

$217
$298
$302
$215
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$202
$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$186
$154
Novotel
$158
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$130
$122
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$244
$182
Doubletree
$1,064
$843
2,278 results
All reviewspaddington stationmr sakarhyde parkduplex roomwestbourne terraceheathrow expressbooked this hotelbusiness triprooms are smallbreakfast was excellentenglish breakfastoxford streetfew minutes walkyogurtarinapounds
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Lets deal with the positives first - the hotel is well located and within easy walking distance of Marble Arch, Oxford St etc. The rate that we paid is great value, its not easy to find a central London hotel at this price. The reception area is luxurious compared withe the rest of the hotel !. The breakfast was quite good and was included in the rate ( even better !),
Checking in was a very long and laborious process( just one receptionist) and by the time we were finished there was an enormous queue behind us, I had a club room which was very small ( but most central London hotels have small rooms), the decor was tired and in need of a makeover, and the room was at the front of the hotel overlooking the main road ( Sussex Gardens). The charming victorian sash window was not double glazed, so things were quite noisy !.
Everything else was just ok - so all in all, not a bad hotel if you are on a tight budget,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
HPPLondon, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Richardi,

Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay in Shaftesbury Premier London Hyde Park.
We take our guest’s feedback seriously and act on them without a delay, just so that we could serve you and all our guests better. If at all convenient, we would love to speak to you in person at your preferred time and I have furnished my E Mail address for any direct correspondence to gather a detailed feedback on your experience, as we would like to achieve excellence in all aspects of our Hotel.

Once again, thank you for your time and valued observations. The Team looks forward to welcoming you back in Shaftesbury Premier London Hyde Park.

Regards,

Swapnil Waghe.

Manager
E Mail- housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Reviewed March 9, 2012

We were transferred to this hotel from a sister hotel nearby due to building works - taxi called, comp tea while we waited. only round the corner. Very happy. Hotel was friendly and clean. Our room was near the back ( I think, not sure after walking down lots of corridors!) and plenty big enough and modern. Bathroom modern and clean, only slight negative was the shower didnt seem hot enough. We were given complimentary breakfast as we'd been moved and this was very good. Buffet style, loads of choice fruit, croissants etc, full english, yogurt etc. Wasnt sure if we were allowed it for a second morning but a quick phone call to reception and there was no problem. All in all a very pleasant hotel which I could safely recommend and at a very good price for central london. Easy walk to Hyde park or Paddington.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I booked this room because of the location. Was a bit disappointed, but all in all I had a good stay. The free wifi only worked every now and then and my room was only slightly bigger than my suitcase. There was no floor space whatsoever, and there is no way I could have had another adult in this room, allthough it was supposed to be a double. The bed was 1 1/2, not a double and 2 suitcases iwould have been out of the question. The staff were friendly and helpful, though! And it was great that I could adjust the room temperature myself!

Room Tip: Ask for the biggest room there is, it's still going to be very small.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed in this hotel establishment. Both times we had excellent rooms, huge space! Mind you first time we had a "club room" with kitchenette and sofa area, and second just a "deluxe double". Both were massively spacious and extremely comfortable beds, kept beautifully clean and some great views out over Paddington, both sides of hotel. (Providing on high floors).... Although, the only issues we have come across here, were finding out they did not read the "special requirements" asked when we booked the room, as told them I had had major back and neck surgery on spinal discs, so needed extra pillows. Had to retell and ask when handed key. Felt it was unprofessional and lack of personal care. Out the lift on 6th floor had to go through door straight on our left, not that unusual in terraced hotels. Suddenly, I was sprawled over the corridor as unexpectedly stepped into "mid air" as 2 very steep/ deep, but small width stairs! I jarred the metal brackets in my back, which were very painful for the rest of my 2 nights. Unfortunately, it meant could not do as much as planned on my trip either, which was very upsetting. After going out of room later, did see a tiny warning sign on the door. It definitely is not big enough for the lethal drop waiting behind the door! If the staff had bothered to read the requirement notes they could have warned us about the drop beforehand, or given us a room without such riskability. Thought I was going to be spending my 2 nights in the hospital down the road!

Room Tip: Risk to health on 6th floor drop, behind door on left out of lift! From reading other reviews, perhaps spend a little more to get "deluxe" or "club" rooms as they have been wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stay in London every week and unfortunately my usual hotel was full booked and left with no option but to try another.
Regardless of what rate this hotel room is sold at no body in this day and age should have rooms that are so small you physically have no where to even put your case.
i cant understand what kind of person or traveler these rooms are aimed at because they are that small a borrower would be complaining.
hotels like these need reporting and bringing to peoples attention as with the Olympics arriving very soon it will leave a very bad taste in our friends from overseas mouths.

Room Tip: dont bring a bag or a large jacket into the room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business