“Uncomfortable”

The Z Hotel Victoria
Ranked #327 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel mid October 2012 with my other half and found the stay to be unpleasant and uncomfortable.

I was first off impressed as it was exactly as it states on the website- the rooms are small but very well equipped, clean and the location is convenient. We stayed in a queen inside room... just a note that the bed is still a double- we made this mistake!!

The problem that I had was with the temperature. As it was an inside room it was incredibly warm to the point that you would be unable to sleep. On the website it says that this can be controlled within the room- it can be but first you have to get it done by reception (there is no phone to call them either). This will then go off after a few hours meaning that the room will go back up to the same temperature and you will have to get out of bed to turn it back on!!!

We stayed here as we didn't want to spend a fortune on a hotel but ended up wishing we paid the extra for somewhere where a whole nights undisturbed sleep would be possible.

I have not received any correspondance from the hotel since complaining.

3  Thank c k

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Excellent location. The room was very small but had absolutely everything I needed. I did go for the room with a window - not sure if I could have done the windowless room even if it was cheaper.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I couldn't find fault in the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Z Hotel in Belgravia, London in Early September 2012. The rooms are tiny, about 2 meters x 3 meters (including bathroom) but EXTREMELY comfortable.

The hotel is particularly well located, being opposite Victoria station and within easy walking distance of Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park.

The staff were exemplary, being friendly, helpful, and nice people. Nothing was too much for them.

There was a happy hour every afternoon where cheeses and nibbles were supplied in the hotel dining room, and guests were welcome to partake.

After a busy day sightseeing in London it was always a pleasure to come back to the hotel.

We have NO hesitation in recommending this hotel and when next in London will stay there again..

David (Australia)

Room Tip: Any room is fine but better with the windows
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Yes.. rooms are super tiny.. and I mean really REALLY small.. but there is something in this hotel that makes you forget about that.. the staff is super helpful and very nice.. the wine and cheese from 5 to 9.. AWESOME !!!
Our hop on hop off tour stop was just around the corner..
Buckingham Palace.. less than 7-8 min walk..

Going back to the rooms.. very well decorated.. loved the TV.. no privacy at all though.. it had no window.. but I did not feel like missing it at all.. you know hows the weather in London.. so no really need for one...

I feel like coming back... hopefully soon..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here last night and it suited our plans perfectly. Brilliant location, just a few steps away from the tube. The rooms are small but this is how they are advertised and this is what made us so intrigued. We had an inside double which was very clean, warm, tea and coffee making facilities and a great shower. The staff were very friendly, our TV lost power and it was seen to within 5mins. The complimentary cheese and wine were a lovely touch and were of a high quality. We would say that the rooms are exactly how the website describes and for a day or two in town you can't go wrong.

1  Thank Jayne M
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at the Z hotel for 9 nights - we had a queen with a window. The hotel was new and modern, very clean and the location was FABULOUS - I think this was the biggest plus: 3 mins to Victoria station, buckingham palace 7 mins, and green park, Westminster, bond st and Oxford circus all very walkable for those who don't mind a bit of walking. Staff friendly and helpful.

The rooms are very small.... For people who are tall it would be a challenge with the bed and shower. The bed in our room was only a double. Rooms are minimalist - there are no cupboards, fridge or safe - there was a desk, draws and rack with a few hangers - great there is a tv with sky. There are tea and cofffee making facilities within the room also. Complimentary cheese and wine every night is a nice touch. Breakfast is offered around £ 8 pp - there is Pret down the street as well as Marks and Spencer etc at the station. Cab to heathrow ( with Addison Lee) was £65.

I would recommend this hotel for people who are spending minimum time in the room and being out and about in London, and who are prepared for minimal space. For London - the price is reasonable!

Room Tip: I would recommend booking a room with a window as otherwise it could feel claustrophobic.
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location, round the corner from Victoria tube/train station and between 10-30 mins away from anything relevant if you want to visit London and do some shopping. Gatwick is a 30-min ride away. Hotel is very clean and quite new, rooms are basic-stylish though on the small side, and many do not have a window but I don' think this is a major negative point if you are away from your room most of the day. Good value for money if you consider the location and the fact the hotel is very recent. I stayed here 1 night for business and had a queen room with no window - I guess it can start to feel a bit claustrophobic on longer stays but it was no big deal for me, plus it keeps all the noise away! 2 people would have limited space, and limited privacy since the wetroom has glass walls (you can see shadows through), but if you know each other well and you are not staying too too long it shouldn't be an issue. You know all of this in advance from the hotel pictures and from other reviews and I think you can easily accept this if you look at the reasonable cost and the benefit of being in central London. Staff are very quick and helpful and I gathered that many speak languages other than English.
I'd definitely recommend this for short breaks (weekends, 3-4 days).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business