“Great and original!”

Ranked #1,521 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Russian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Knightsbridge
Description: Russian restaurant for any time, where one can meet friends, eat at leisure and feel at home. Welcome!
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went in by chance as I heard about it by previous guests (as hotel concierge) but it was my first time! It won't be last as I was pleasantly surprised. Really beautiful restaurant like entering a Russian dolls house. The service was impeccable and recommendation were brilliant. Rebecca but also the restaurant manager Anton were Both attentive, friendly and extremely professional. 2 other waiters came to our table and explained us about things in the room (loads to see). All very gracious and relaxing. the food was great, I highly recommend to go there for lunch, dinner or even afternoon after shopping in knightsbridge for a horseradish vodka which was just perfect!
Thank you team I will be back!

Alissa E, Public Relations Manager at Mari Vanna, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you, dear Skander, for your sweet review. We hope you've been back since!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I brought my parents & wife to Mari Vanna recently for a special occasion.

We all were immediately warmly welcomed by the friendly and beautiful hostesses that invited us in to Mari Vanna's "living room" where we were seated at our table.

It was a Monday lunch and we ordered from the set lunch menu 2 for £18 or 3 for £25. We had the Borsch and Herring in a "shuba-coat" for starters. Both delishious and good sized portions. For mains we had Siberian pelmeni, chicken fritters, mushroom & potato dumplings and we were all very pleased. And full.

In true Russian style we had chilled Vodka shots with our meal and after we went for a selection of the delishious infused Vodka varieties. Our favourites were the honey and the raspberry.

I would highly recommend this spot for any occasion where you are looking for something a little out of the ordinary.

What I was really impressed with were the attention to detail and the genuinly cosy decor. Make sure to visit the loos where Old USSR memorabilia and newspaper clippings covered the walls. A quirky touch was the Russian radio play sounding in the restrooms.

A real treat, I will be back!

Hi there!

What a great review, we are flattered!
Come back again soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

my friend and i decided to visit here before going to see a certain russian film! wanted to feel
in the mood and we totally made a great choice.the decor is fantastic really homestyle as you would imagine in russia. the toilets are amazing complete with russian music. on our table was a photo frame saying the table was waiting for me and my name also in russian what a personal touch. we both had a russian version of sparkling wine which was lovely and little pastries to start, then beef stroganoff and calves liver we shared both and the taste was excellent, and all served
by lovely friendly staff with lots of little russian extras.be carefull the bill could add up drinks
quite expensive but worth it for a special occassion.

Hello!

Thanks a lot for your kind words. Appreciate your response.

Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been to many restaurants purporting to be Russian in my travels and many are just disappointing and the food is something I would not serve to my worst enemy let alone terrible service and expensive prices etc
So I was very happy that I popped into Mari Vanna for lunch as we were shopping in the local area.
My wife who is Russian loved her beetroot salad and fish soup and my stroganoff was one of the best that I have had; I hardly bother to order it these days as so many restaurants ruin it! In Mari Vanna they do serve it with truffle so be warned if you are not a fan - I am and it was delicious.
Eclectic decor with friendly service made for a very pleasant experience.
Including service the bill was just over £50 which is very good value.
I will definitely return and have dinner next time.

Anton E, General Manager at Mari Vanna, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for the fantastic review.

We are very pleased that we have managed to get it right.
Mari Vanna is particuarly proud of her home made cooking and we are delighted that you enjoyed it. We are very pleased that you found our authentic decor unique and comforting.
We are trying our best to stand uot and very happy to hear that you have had pleasant experience.
Now that you have found us, we are welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

If you love eating healthy tasty food or if you love russian/east europian food definitelly go to this restaurant! Dont forget visit toilets:) russian old style decor with russian music!!! Amazing food, staff and atmosphere! Take your friends or family and enjoy it!!!

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience as a guest at Mari Vanna.

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our home made cooking.
Mari Vanna is very happy you have found her apartment comfortable and unique.
We are waiting for your return soon.