Karl Marx The Walking Tour
Review Highlights
Interesting and educating tour

The tour was really entertaining. The guide explained quite difficult concepts with ease and made... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Ignas Ž
A fantastic tour led by a knowledgeable and entertaining guide.

The tour is around two hours and tells the story of Marx and Engels and their friendship - as well... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Christine W
Cape Town Central, South Africa

Recommended experiences in and around London
from $38.93
from $28.55
from $32.05
from $48.01
More Info
All reviews british museum fascinating insight amusing anecdotes soho area industrial revolution world history informative guide his knowledge answer questions two hours politics mick writings topic intellectual humour revolutionary
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2018

What better way to spend a Sunday morning in London than walking in the footsteps of Karl Marx. Wandering from Piccadilly to the British Museum, our guide Mick gave us an informative and entertaining commentary about the life of Karl and Jenny Marx as well as the odd aside about Engels. Thanks comrades!

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed December 2, 2017

An excellent guided tour where you get to see Soho, learn about the era and Marx's theory and life, laugh, and think. Friendly and engaging atmosphere, with the bonus of a good pub stop.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank tulpoeid
Reviewed November 26, 2017

Excellent tour with Heiko Khoo, a thoroughly well informed historian. It was extremely cold and it took about 3 hours to complete, yet we all followed him along the streets of Soho and no one showed any desire to quit. A brief stop at a pub to regain strength was all what was need it. I would advice to have a strong drink rather than tea or coffee. Heiko talks from his heart and yet the information was very well researched. Whether you support Marxism or hate it, the experience is authentic and valuable.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank Boscheva
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Heiko was engaging, informative, funny, and serious. I wanted to read about Marx and his theories after listening to his presentation. He encouraged questions, and I suspect he modified his talk to meet the group's needs. The highest compliment came from my wife who said, "I learned so much, and I enjoyed Heiko's talk." She only agreed to the walk because she knew I want to include it in our itinerary. Plus, Heiko might have saved me from injury by yelling as I almost ran in front of a bus.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed September 24, 2017

Really enjoyed our approx 2 hour walking tour looking at Karl Marx and his time in London. Mick Brooks our guide was very knowledgeable and accommodating, always checking out with the audience and ready to attempt answers to any questions. I liked how Mick included other notable places in the area in relation to specific aspects of history. The walk was conducted at a leisurely, relaxed pace with frequent stops at the places which were relevant to Marx and his family and the time they spent in London. I'd already read quite a bit about Marx and the information gleaned from Mick on the walk added to my knowledge and understanding of Karl Marx and specific aspects of his life in relation to putting his ideas into practice.

Date of experience: September 2017