“Would Love This Place In Stevenage...”

The Hampstead Butcher & Providore
Cuisines: Deli
Description: The Hampstead Butcher & Providore is your premier local butcher, delicatessen, charcuterie, cheese, wine shop and grocer. Our butchers in Hampstead and West Hampstead offer traditional meat cuts from a wide range of free-range beef, pork, lamb and poultry from British free-range farms in addition to game when in season. Our team works from the shop to produce a wide range of freshly prepared foods for our meat and delicatessen counters including our own sausages, sausage rolls, burgers, meat boxes, award wining scotch eggs and an extensive range of marinades, oven-ready cuts, stir fry's and many other dishes prepared by us for finishing and serving by you.
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

I can understand why this place is on TA, it really is a local landmark, a great place to wander round and look and maybe buy.

We only noticed the place as we walked up the hill to Hampstead High Street because they have amazing heavily aged ribs of beef in the window. We decided to go in and they really do have a great selection of meats, the rib of veal would’ve been in our hands if we hadn’t been walking to Gaucho for lunch. A truly fantastic selection including some sausages I definitely will be returning for for sure. There’s also a cheese shop at the back which was tempting.

We only bought some beef stock and made a note to return when we’re going straight home afterwards to allow us to buy some fresh meat. A star knocked off for some of the prices, you definitely know you’re in Hampstead.!

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank Nidgehammer
philipmatthews, Owner at The Hampstead Butcher & Providore, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2019

Good Afternoon. Thank you for your visit and for your review. I'm delighted that you like what we do. Stevenage? Don't rule us out!

Reviewed August 22, 2018

First bad experience was they cannot cure the cheese properly.
Second bad experience today their online ordering system doesn't work: the butcher told me not his problem.

Date of visit: August 2018
philipmatthews, Owner at The Hampstead Butcher & Providore, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Good afternoon. I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience at one of our shops. Would you please send me an email to info@hampsteadbutcher.com and I will ensure that the matter is resolved. Many thanks

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Visited today, a beautiful store with fantastic staff, was served by a very helpful and kind lady at the cheese counter, nothing was too much trouble. Will be back soon!

Date of visit: August 2018
philipmatthews, Owner at The Hampstead Butcher & Providore, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thank you Richard for taking the time to post this review. A really lovely review and very much appreciated. I'll pass on your feedback to the team. Hope to see you soon, and often!

Reviewed July 4, 2018

More than an excellent butchers shop this shop has pies, cheeses and all sorts of gourmet extras.
The homemade meat pies were excellent.

Date of visit: June 2018
philipmatthews, Owner at The Hampstead Butcher & Providore, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

thank you Justin for your review. Its very much appreciated and we're delighted that you like what we do. those pies are rather good ;)

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

For those who read my reviews they will know that MY PEN is sharper ( not mightier!) than a sword. I have dissected and filleted many a business ,attraction ,restaurant and event with a style that is at time as blunt as a toothpick!!

So today I’m not there
I’m waxing lyrical in unending praise to a little known diamond near the Heath. Introducing the Hampstead butcher

Many of you follow me for me worldwide hunt for the best hamburgers ( none yet come close to mine clearly !) but I always comment on good steaks and cuts of meat . My family are irish midland farmers and butchers and I have beef in my genes ( and in my pockets often) I have my expertise as a producer ,consumer, enthusiast ,critic and nerd!

So when I get a book ( history of shop see attach!) about a quality butcher in London I got to rise to challenge . I engaged for far too long with a very focused master butcher ,George , who in half hour convinced me that he knew his business.
He recommended a limosine Tbone I knew he was talking my language as we had those in the farms at home so it was an easy sell.

Well.....

Simply the best piece of meat I have consumed in twenty years. Full stop!
I picked a 21 day rather than his 28 day hung ( a bigger fillet element!) but WOW!!! Just incredible flavour beyond incredible!!
So much beautiful juices that I have two pots of meat flavour for everything from fried onions to burger mix !!!

Butcher George and your buying staff I salute you Sir!!

Date of visit: June 2018
philipmatthews, Owner at The Hampstead Butcher & Providore, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Than you Ken. Thats a delicious review and we are extremely grateful to you for taking the time to write it. Please do keep coming to see us!