Holiday Inn London - Stratford City
$448
$438
Hotels.com
1,616 results
All reviewsolympic parkwestfield shopping centrestaybridge suiteswest hamcentral lineyour doorstepjubilee linetransport linksduty managergood sizemodern hotelthird floorexecutive roomspecial thanksrestaurant staffhotel bareasy access
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Booked hotel for family visit to london had asked for a double and twin. But online confirmation was for two doubles. Phoned hotel and all was sorted for or arrival. Reception staff cheerful and helpful as were the restaurant and bar. Ideaaly suited for shoping at Westfield and seeing a show in London.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear travelalot001,

thank you for leaving this friendly review for us!

We are glad that we could sort out your family's booking for you and I happily pass on your compliments to our reception, restaurant and bar staff.

There are many more fantastic shows to see and many events to go to in London, so we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

we booked this hotel by internet for the new year eve. We were four friends so we took two rooms for 5 nights. The rooms are large, modern and very clean. The metro station is under the hotel and a very big mall in front of it ! There is a large choice of restaurants in the mall. The staff of the hotel is very kind and helpful. ask for a room in the stadium side, it is more calm by night because there is a casino in front of the hotel.
if you want to change your euros to pounds go to the "mark & spencer" market in the mall, they don't keep fees for the change :) they have the best rate !
this hotel has the perfect location: not far from the city, confortable and next to the mall !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear sara s,

we really enjoy your positive review, as it summarises some of the Holiday Inn London Stratford City hotel's best features: it is not far from the centre, easy accessible with lots of shopping possibilities around.

We also thank you for your kind words about our helpful staff - I am sure your review puts an extra smile on their faces!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I dont think I can think of one thing that disappointed me about this hotel. I arrived early at about 7am hoping to just leave my luggage and go out for the day but was pleasantly surprised that my room was ready.
Room was a good size, bed comfy with a choice of hard or soft pillows and the bathroom was also a good size.
Breakfast was included in my package and had a good selection.
There was a little bit of noice from the casino across the way on some nights (my window faced the casino) but not enough to keep me awake.
If you are looking for a massage or beauty treatment see Ange- her desk is next to reception. She was wonderful. Great massage after a long flight.

Room Tip: If you sleep really lightly ask fron a room away from the casino (music is not that bad though)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Duty Manager H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear newycrystal,

we are so glad to hear that you had a great time at the Holiday Inn London Stratford City and you enjoyed all our hotel facilities.

Our full English & Continental breakfast buffet provides a scrumptious variety of food to start your day and you did absolutely the right thing by enjoying a relaxing massage from our range of body treatments!

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a family of 3 in an Executive room, which I booked and pre paid for a few weeks in advance so got it for just just under 100!! A real bargain as the room was lovely, a great view of the stadium, and lots of little extra touches, ie a fridge with sparkling water in it, some chocolate left for my daughter, bath robes, luxury toiletries etc.. The location is perfect, 15 mins into London and with the Westfield on your doorstop you are spoilt for choice in terms of food and drink. Parking is only £5 for 24 hours too so a real bargain.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear cherie0,

we are very happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn London Stratford City!

You are absolutely right in booking one of our executive rooms, which do not only offer the great view overlooking the Olympic park, but provide extra executive amenities for you as well.

We constantly update our website with offers, so it defenitely pays off to check our site and ensure your future stay!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Following a business meeting, I stayed with my wife and baby at Holiday Inn Stratford City for 3 nights (from Thursday till Sunday), which I had chosen due to the very good reviews in TA and the very competitive fare in expensive London.

It came to be a very pleasant surprise, as I was not aware of all the development that had been done in East London following the 2012 Olympics.

The good:

- The hotel has an interesting location (it is quite convenient if you are arriving through London City Airport, from where you can get to the hotel in 25 mins using the DLR).

- Well connected with main landmarks in London. You will definitely rely on the tube (Central and Jubilee subway lines intersect here), but you are just 20 mins away from the Tower of London.

- The big mall has an entrance just across the street, offering plenty of shopping and dining opportunities.

- Front-desk staff were very attentive and asked several times whether everything was alright. When I asked for a plug adapter, I got it right away and they just requested my room number. They also ensured to have a crib installed in our room upon arrival, even though we only let them know about our baby the day before.

- Finally, the hotel's management seems to care about Tripadvisor, as we were gently suggested to write a review (while I always write a review in TA, I think this is an intelligent move fron their side).

The not-so-good:

- It is a fairly long walk from the hotel's door to the subway/train platforms: it may take between 10 and 15 minutes, depending on whether you are carrying luggage and/or a stroller.

- The liquid-soap / shower gel dispensers in the barthroom were a bit disappointing. I was expecting to find proper soap and shampoo in a hotel of this category.

All taken into account, this hotel was a very good balance among location, price and overall quality. We will definitely consider it next time we sre in London, especially if we arrive through London City Airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hernan_y_Tina

Dear Hernan_y_Tina,

thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, we appreciate every comment and suggestion, and of course we always look forward to positive feedback like yours!

I gladly pass on your comment about our attentive front desk staff, and to our housekeeping team who ensured that your baby had the crib ready upon your arrival.

Lots of new projects and developments have been planned since the Olympic games and so many more are yet so be revealed! We are always happy to keep you up to date!