“Nice and new...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn London - Stratford City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn London - Stratford City
Ranked #123 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Nice and new...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night on business recently. It had only been open a few weeks. The hotel is located just a few minutes' walk from Stratfield tube and is right bang in the middle of the Westfield shopping centre. You have to get the lift from the ground floor to reception which is located on the 3rd floor. I chose this hotel as I'm an IHG Platinum member and was working near another station on the Jubilee line - plus I wanted to check out the Olympic Park. :) Also, I got a good rate but will keep an eye on prices as time moves on. I was upgraded to an executive suite and my only really small nag was the small amount of full-length wardrobe hanging space - you had to mess around moving the ironing board out of the wardrobe as it was taking up the full-length hanging space - could have been designed a bit better but nothing to really worry about. Had a nice view of the Olympic Park. I didn't eat in the hotel as there are plenty of choices for food outside in the shopping centre. Will definitely stay here again if working in the vicinity.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank NExch
Ben S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, June 11, 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

Was there for two nights, its just opened, looks great and nice rooms. Liked the location, Olympic all around. The Westfield malll had all the shopping and great food you need. Best Holiday inn i stayed in.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank thijs e

North Walsham, Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here for one night with my son dinner bed and breakfast at an excellent rate. Hotel was very quiet but it is very new. Room was lovely. Dinner was excellent and there was a good choice as was breakfast. Very convenient for shopping centre. Would definitely stay again if I got a good rate. Staff were good as well very friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Anneandfamily

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Having worked on the Olympic park I have previously used a number of hotels in the area, although following a leisure stay in this hotel I will never consider anywhere else in Stratford.

The restaurant was very smart, the food was excellent and the waiters were welcoming and efficient.

The bar area was very nicely laid out with spectacular views of the Olympic park and a reasonably price range of drinks.

Not to mention the fact that the hotel sits in the plushest part of Europe’s largest urban shopping centre.

Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Olympic park are worth having.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank samcozzi

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I and several of my friends stayed for a night only when it had just opened and did not expect much from them to be honest. However, the girls in the group could not have been happier about it being inches from Westfield and the boys could not have been happier that it was near some really nice eateries. While the girls shopped, we drank at the hotel bar and were looked after very well by the staff who were better than most of the staff in the 5 star hotels I visit while traveling for work. Certainly more genuine anyway.

The food was good, and nobody seemed upset when I had thirds.......

Highly recommend it. The only downside was Westfield's firealarm went off in the morning. Hardly Holiday Inn's fault and I probably hadn't of noticed if I hadn't enjoyed the bar (and it's views) so much the night before.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Arnaud D
Ben S, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Arnaud D,

I pleased you enjoy stay with here at the hotel, I have passed on your feedback to the team. My apologies for the Fire Alarm activation during your stay, we have now implemented a number of measures to ensure that these alarms will only trigger a pre-alarm to ensure it does not effect guests in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

sunderand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The hotel has only been open for a few weeks and it's spotless, everything is new. The rooms are a great size and well equipped, the shower is superb.
The staff are all really friendly and seem keen to help, a great feature of this hotel. The food is a bit hit and miss to be honest. They don't yet have a full menu so just burger salads and sandwiches at the moment. I had a burger and it was ok, asked for plain wedges and got spicey but they weren't too bad really. I ordered a room service sandwich and it took a long time to arrive and wasn't as described in the menu, I was too tired to complain so mentioned it the next but didn't really get a reaction from the staff. Shame really.
We got woken up at 06:30 by the fire alarm and it all seemed a bit chaotic, no fire wardens no real instruction or direction from the staff and I feel this is something they need to look at.
All in all tho I really enjoyed my stay and will be staying again. The positives here far out way the negatives and I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel. The location is perfect, in Westfield shopping centre and over looking Olympic park and just two minutes walk from Stratford station. If you get the chance then stay here, you won't be disappointed. I wasn't!

Room Tip: It's quiter if you get a room on the Olympic park side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ports11

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Overall my stay at this hotel was good but the staff are new, so the service is hit or miss.

I booked an executive room which was clean, spacious, well appointed and had a great view of the Olympic Stadium.

After checking in I used the iron and ironing board that the website states all executive rooms have. The next evening I went to iron my clothes and I discovered that housekeeping had removed the iron and ironing board from my room. I called reception and was assured they would bring it up and call me if there was any issues doing so. 20 minutes later, I hadn't heard from them so I called reception again and they didn't even answer. It was after midnight by that point so I gave up! I got the iron after calling again in the morning - not great as I had to get up early to do ironing!!!

At breakfast each morning I was told breakfast wasn't included in my room even though it was! No charge for it at checkout!!

In addition, the supplied toiletries weren't replaced and I didn't get the complimentary snack that executive rooms are meant to get!

If they improve the service this could be an excellent hotel! I think I'll give it another try the next time I'm in London as the rooms are great and I love the location!

• Stayed May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank portex

Firstly I would like to apologise for the poor service you experienced with us during your stay, I have shared you feedback with the relevant departmental managers. As you may have seen from our most recent reviews our service level has vastly improved since your stay, Unfortunately with a new opening you do tend to get small teething problems from time to time.
Thank you again for you valuable feedback, I look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in the near future