“Fantastic hog roast - best food in St John's Wood”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The New Inn B&B

The New Inn B&B
Ranked #159 of 573 London B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hog roast - best food in St John's Wood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Although I live close by, I had not realised until recently that the pub had changed hands. It is a hidden gem in St John's Wood and does the best food in the area. I should know since I have tried all the restaurants, cafes and pubs on the main high street and surrounding areas and had almost given up finding a good local place to eat. After I ate here on a Sunday (fantastic roast lunch) I could not stay away and came 3 more times in the same week to work through the lunch tapas menus which is great value for money. I then asked them if I could bring a party of 15 for a full jog roast. We had a fantastic time, the food was excellent as always and the staff and owner, Nick, extremely welcoming. I will be back very soon and regularly. Based on the service and food, I will be recommending this hotel to anyone who comes to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Wendy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I can't fault the New Inn. Unfortunately we didn't have time to eat there but we had drinks from a good wine list. Nick, the owner, as well as all of the staff made us feel so welcome. It's a charming pub and the rooms are extremely comfortable. Not huge, but fantastic comfy beds and smart modern bathrooms. A real find, and very handy for Primrose Hill, Regents Park and St John's Wood tube. So central, but in a quiet street. I'll be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Philippa V
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have stayed in many hotels in London and now that I have found The New Inn, I will never stay anywhere else. I am very particular in selecting hotels, and The New Inn was just perfect for me. The aesthetic is charming and (most important) the standard for cleanliness is impeccable. The location cannot be beat if you are looking to be central yet somewhere quaint and away from the crowds. What most impressed me, however, was and the friendliness of the staff. Everyone here is so nice that I felt at home at the Inn after weeks of traveling. The New Inn offers something that the large chains just cannot. It’s the loveliest little hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Megan R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights in October to celebrate his birthday. We had two meals during our stay and both were amazing. The staff and owner were all super friendly, funny and helpful. The pub it's self is a short walk from St Johns Wood tube station and its really easy to get to the centre. The rooms were very clean and a good size. Most of all the pub has a lovely atmosphere at all times of the day, we were made to feel very welcome and could've easily stayed at the pub instead of seeing the sights of London! Would definatley recommend.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Sarfwell
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Based on reviews on TA and the convenient location of this place I made a booking via bookings.com (normally reliable) made booking on 8th October for the 27th for one night. Received a call from the manager on 22nd Oct with some rambling excuse to say that they had overbooked and could not honour my confirmed booking. Whoever was to blame it smacks of disorganisation at best and at worst I suspect thy had a more lucrative booking so decided to bounce my one night booking rather than decline a longer one that turned up later so if you book here beware. Wonder what this reflects about this places general level of customer service

Stayed October 2012
10 Thank Kevin A
bucks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We recently visited The New inn to see and listen to the talents of blues singer Sean Taylor.
Nick the owner is a very congenial host,and his staff are most attentive.He has taken this establishment over and changed it, from a beer slopping corner local,and given it a slight continental feel.You can watch tv in one part,you can dine in another or as we did,enjoy a bottle of wine nibbling on cheese and olives whilst listening to live music.
Unfortunately it was rather empty.So atmosphere was lacking slighty.
They deserve to do better,give it a try,live music every Tuesday,and other special nights too.
They also have rooms above ,a few paying guests drifted into the bar and seemed happy enough.
So if you are ever in St Johns Wood and Fed up with the normal Gastro pub,and seek an alternatve,especially on a tuesday night when Sean Taylor performs,you will not ,i hope be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We have stayed in some very disappointing London hotels (anyone who has had the nightmare of staying in The Earl's Court Gardens Hotel will know what I mean) and as we were only in London for the one night before a game at Lord's we thought we would stretch our budget to this delightful and conveniently located Inn. £99 for a twin room but note this does not include breakfast.

We had stayed here a few years ago and were pleased to see it hasn't really changed; apart from the absence of the Thai food - they have now switched to doing their own up-market traditional pub grub; available up to 22:00 I believe. The rooms are tastefully decorated, spotless, really comfortable and very spacious. Tea/coffee making facilities and the thoughtful option of an electric fan were also included.

The pub is a short walk from St John's Wood tube station and the High Street which has a good range of Italian, Lebanese, French and miscellaneous restaurants and cafes (where incidentally good breakfasts can be had if you want to eat a little more cheaply in the morning - would recommend Gail's breakfast or the Cafe Rouge's petit dejeuner by the way) and it's only a two-three minute walk to Lord's Cricket Ground.

The New Inn has a range of Green-King Ales and a comprehensive selection of wines, again not cheap, but given the location probably appropriately priced.

The real plus point to recommend the New Inn though is the staff; I booked by phone and Rene couldn't have been more charming or humorous and this was the same when dealing with him and his colleagues during our short stay. The bar service in the evening and check - in / check - out procedures were consistently carried out efficiently, courteously and with lots of laughter. We felt special, but I don't think we were treated differently to anyone else. This again made us think the New Inn is worth the little bit of extra money we were paying. Will we go back? Definitely!

Room Tip: If there is a major cricket match at Lords scheduled - book early. The New Inn will certainly be ful...