“Escape for a night”

Ranked #339 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Escape for a night”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel was better inside than out. Outside it looked a bit grubby, but once in it was nice. The room we had-a double, was spacious, warm comfy and most importantly clean. The shower was great. Breakfast was slightly disappointing, as we stayed at another Ibis recently, and it was fantastic. Other than this it was a pleasant stay. Handy for Borough Market, and the tube station. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear reviewer, Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you have the hotel and your room comfortable and most importantly clean. I’ll look into the point your raised personally regarding breakfast, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Styles Southwark Rose very soon. Kind regards,
Nawel Benrabah.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice Hotel, very good value for your money. Good staff, clean room, looks new.
walking distance to the City. Nice and quiet neighbourhood. Visit Borough Market.
Make your reservation online for best rate

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear reviewer, thank you for your nice comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Southwark Rose hotel and look forward to welcome you back.
Zurich
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just made a trip to London due to a training and needed a hotel that would be close to the training venue (London City District; around 1.5 Kilometers away). It is very well located and close to some attractions like the Tower of London, HMS Belfast and the Shakespeare's Globe. To walk around the area is very nice, and crossing the bridge gives you a beautiful sight.
About the hotel, the room was ok and enough for my needs. The staff was very friendly in the reception and I must say I had an outstanding service by Ms. Ada in the Bar/Restaurant, she was very helpful and friendly, she, along with her colleague of reception, helped me to sort out a problem I had with the power adapter.
I would say the good service is the highlight of the hotel along with the location. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer, We would like all to thank you at Ibis Southwark Rose hotel for your positive comments that you posted on Tripadvisor. Ada was delighted to know that her service and friendliness been highlighted and for this she is grateful. Many thanks again and all the team will look forward to welcome you back soon.
Paris, France
Reviewed May 12, 2013

In May, we travelled with our teenagers. The youngs were very happy to be autonomous: quite district of London with pubs, good breakfast, comfortable room with Internet to keep in touch with friends.
For adults peacefull holidays.
Christine from Paris

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Christine, Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Styles Southwark Rose hotel. Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
Gunnedah, Australia
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Check in staff friendly and assisted us in any way possible.
Ibis lent us a UK electrical outlet adapter to use. They provided maps, info on attraction locatoins and other assistance on our many questions. Despite the staff being extremely helpful, their English speaking and comprehension skills are limited. This is strange, being the fact that the hotel is in London, England.

Some minor issues with room equipment were addressed quickly with minimal fuss.

The 24 hour bar supplies ice at request.
Wifi - brilliant. One password - login once. No constant logging in every tine to use the internet.

Buffet Contental Breakfast is complementary and has a small selection of cereals, cold meats, toast, pastries, yoghurt, fruits, fruit juices, tea and coffee. Certainly enough to get going for the day.
We requested a late checkout and paid for it, however Hotel managment were happy to extend this departure time (beyoind their cut off late check out time) to suit our late departing flight.

The Hotel centrally located in the new trendy area, Southwark suburb, and is a 10 minute walk between London Bridge and Southwark underground stations. Close to shops, supermarket, bank, fast foods, pubs and the Southwark Markets.

If arriving at Heathrow International Airport, go to the Underground Metro station ticket office and buy a "Oyster Card" for the London Metro. Its very simple to use and extremely convenient.

Catch the UNDERGROUND metro from the airport (45 minute ride) on the Piccadilly Line and change lines at Green Park underground metro (tube) station, to the Jubilee line. Then exit the train at London Bridge station. Exit the London Bridge station through the Borough High Street exit, and the hotel is an flat easy 10 minute walk. Go through the clearly sign posted Ibis car park and enter the hotel from the rear.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar in their outlook, however some rooms in the older wing, have a view of the &qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NeilC2607
Dear reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Whilst we are a multi-national company that employs staff from a diverse range of backgrounds, it is a requirement that all front desk staff have a certain level of fluency in English, we will review the hotel recruitment policies to ensure this requirement is more closely met. Thank you agin for your feed back and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
sydney
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I've toured Europe 6 weeks & choose to stay in all ibis Style where I could. I choose ibis Style over ibis & ibis budget because Styles offers alittle more comfort & facilities.
In this case though I was left confused. This ibis Style should be labeled standard ibis.
Cleanliness was not up to standard, the liquid soap container was empty & not replaced. Evidence that the bathroom basin was not cleaned.
All ibis Styles throughout Europe supplied 2 x bath towels, 2 x hand towels & a floor mat not ibis Southwark London. All that was offered was a floor mat & 2 bath towels.
There were no toiletries supplied like again other ibis Style hotels.
The Bathroom is extremely small, and very difficult when it comes to drying after a shower.
Breakfast may be complementary (questionable when you see the room rate) however it would be great if you could get a seat in the breakfast room & not have to wait fir a table, whilst watching everyone else eating breakfast.
Location - in 2 minds.
Bed & pillow definitely not as comfortable as other ibis hotels.
Didn't really have a comfortable sleep over the 5 night period.
There is a possibility that the bed had bed bugs, as after my first night I woke up to discover that I had 13 bites on my body.
On a positive note, check in was pleasant, some staff nice and say Hello as you walk by
Water, coffee & computer offered in the foyer.
On my next visit to London I will be staying somewhere else & not ibis Style SouthWark Rose.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear reviewer, Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, but please let me assure you that we certainly do not have ‘an infestation’ at Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel. We have a preventative programme in place in and around the hotel to prevent issues with bugs, rodents etc occurring and have never had any reports of bed bugs. To reassure you we have called in an external contractor to investigate and can confirm that we have seen no evidence that any bugs is certainly not an ongoing problem.
I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel in London some time in the future. kind regards, N Benrabah
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The good:
- Fairly close to the Underground station
- Very close to Borough Market and the City
- A few nice restaurants around, both along the water and along the main thoroughfare
- Included breakfast (and not just toast but also fruits, yoghurts, and fresh croissants)
- Comfortable room, nice shower, tissues in the room, tea-making facilities, good bed
- Well sound-proofed, as I didn't hear my father-in-law snore in the next room
- Very international staff (Russian, Spanish, French, Indian, etc), who tried their utmost to help us with an additional duvet for my frozen inlaws, due to the cold weather
- Very clean. and housekeeping didn't start at 8 in the hall way already, so nice and quiet as well...

The bad:
- The breakfast room was a bit small and hence often had to wait for seating
- The restaurant serves food that is not worthy of the price --> eat in one of the restaurants along the waterfront or elsewhere
- No washcloth in the bathroom

The ugly:
- No sustainability efforts whatsoever. Even if I tried to keep my towels, they were replaced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer, Many thanks for your valuable comments you posted on trip advisor. I have taken your comments on board especially the ugly! and I can assure you that we are a property who cares about the environment and we encourage guests to re- use their towels and. Please let me assure you that corrective actions have been taken to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future and I trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis Styles Southwark Rose in the future.