“One point for price, other for location.”
Review of Corbigoe Hotel

Corbigoe Hotel
Ranked #1,023 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Facts:
1. I did not see a credit card payment extra charge anywhere on my booking or the website. This was charged extra. - Maybe I did not simply see it. I do not know.
2. There where no towels and I had to run up and down the fifth floor to get them.
3. I did get an early checkin, to a room, that was not cleaned yet. Was cleaned during the day.
4. Coming to the room one night, there was a mattress blocking my door.
5. The room was freezing when it was 12 C outside.
6. The bathroom shower still had hair on the walls from the previous user.
7. In the website there was stated the breakfast. The staff made no attempt to mention about it at any point. Not that I would have eaten there.
8. Staff was otherwise OK. Not friendly, not rude. I as the guest, was deffinetly more friendly...

All-in-all: you get what you pay for - a resting place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kristi A

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon arrival, the staff had not processed my booking and I was lucky to have been given a room at all. So I thought. It would've been better had they no rooms left for this place was the pits. A decent location, yes, but I wouldn't have a good word to say about the place. Dirty, cramped, ill-equipped rooms and the most claustrophobic, curiously assembled bathroom/toilet you're ever likely to have the misfortune of relying on. Seriously, bring a cardboard box in case you can get nowhere else as it would be a better alternative to this dive. How is this place in business? It's cheaper than average but our comfort is worth the few bob more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank UnsilentMinority
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very easy to find and so close to everything you could need.
Staff were pleasant and helpful.
Didn't eat there so can't comment on the breakfast etc but the dining room looked nice.
Was only a place to sleep for us so hardly spent any time in the hotel. No complaints at all.
Will be staying again.

Room Tip: We were in room 14. Nice and spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kirstybshields
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Room was smelly, tiny, dirty, no towels in our room, we had to ask, were given 2 small thread bare towels, no bath mat,no face washers, no hand towels, we had to dry them ourselves and use for 3 days. No milk for coffee, breakfast was cereal and toast so we declined, only place after touring for 4 weeks where we had to pay for wifi. We had to ask for a remote for the TV and pay per bag to leave our bags after checkout before heading to the airport. Really un helpful disinterested staff. Don't stay there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank debrobrose
Reviewed May 17, 2013

When I walked into my room it was clear it has been freshly painted that day, all except one wall that was stained yellow. The TV in my room wasn't working so after an excruciating ten minutes of him plugging and unplugging the Ariel I told him to forget it. He said that he would book a taxi for 8am for me however when I came down at ten to he said that they wouldn't be here til half past..
It served the purpose of getting my head down once I'd learnt to ignore next doors TV and deal with the dirty bedroom. All in all an unsatisfactory experience and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Trina1990
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Dont ever stay here! I didn't even think it was still open. We were booked in for a weekend for my birthday a few years ago. We were so disgusted we asked for a refund there + then to which we were refused so went across the road and booked into another Hotel. We sent an email to Expedia on our trip and they sorted it out so we got a refund on our return but obviously it meant having to fork out for 2 nights while we were there. I wouldn't even allow a dog to stay in this sorry excuse for a hotel. I believe there was a man checking in with a lady-of-the night while we were being shown to our room. This wasn't the worst part however. The room was disgusting, there was mould in the wardrobe, pubic hair in the bed, dirty cups on the sideboard and the tiles were all broken in the shower. I don't think I could have even stayed in the room for an hour never mind overnight.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Angela C
Reviewed March 10, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Gina M