“Horrible”
Review of Annexe Hotel

Annexe Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Annexe Hotel
Ranked #1,020 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 2, 2011

In simple words: Horible!!! Stay away. The rooms are very very small, the beds are small, the toilets are microspic, Insects welcome you warmly...
Oxygen levels are minute,, you need oxygen mask to be able to breathe..it is very stuffy!
The only good thing maybe is the location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank passenger2011

Reviewed February 7, 2009

what a dump , dont be enticed by cheap price and location, its a dump.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank jyoung421
Reviewed February 16, 2007

Take a leaf out of my book and do not stay in this place. If it wasn't for the fact that I went to London only for three days [November 2002], I would have taken my stuff and moved to another hotel.

Justification:

1/ the worst of all - I booked the room via Internet and received no acceptance for two days, so called them again asking for any feedback - they said that my room was booked and that everything was ok. Mind you, I particularly wanted a single en suite. When I came to the hotel, the reception desk was closed although they knew the time of my arrival. Then a little boy came out and said that I was to take the room at Cedar Hotel, which was a part of Annexe. I went there and they told me that the room is ready; however, it was a double room with a sink, not the suite I booked.

2/ the room was quite shabby and the window did not close [thank god it was warm]

3/ the staff was very unfriendly

4/ the other guests were mostly youths from different countries - so I guess if you want to party, you may have a try, but otherwise don't.

• Stayed: November 2003, traveled solo
3  Thank chomskey_on_the_rox
Reviewed January 27, 2007

DO NOT under any circumstances stay at this hotel. I booked a single with no facilities. However what I was given was smaller than my broom cupboard at home. It was also right behind the railway tracks entering Victoria railway station which meant constant noise throughout the night. The toilet was 2 floors away and the small fridge they provided didn't work. The location is good for Victoria coach station moreso than Victoria rail station. The staff at breakfast were fairly pleasent with a polite good morning. However the room was so dreadful that that these factors paled into significance. So do not be tempted by the price, DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: January 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank estelleCork
Reviewed January 21, 2007

My boyfriend and I originally booked at the Cedar Guest House through its web site for January 5-8 2007, but it turns out all the small hotels on this street are actually connected. Upon arrival, we were transferred to the Annexe Hotel. We had an ensuite double room. The room was tiny, the decor was ugly, and there wasn't any kind of customer service. But it was clean enough (not sparkling though) - as in there weren't bed bugs or any other creatures, breakfast was provided (although we didnt take advantage of this), we got it at an excellent price (40 pounds/night), and the location was close to public transportation and popular tourist sites (right off of Victoria Station). This hotel was adequate for us, but I guess it depends on what is important to you.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oilslick
Reviewed November 4, 2006

Arrived laden with luggage at the annexe hotel for a long trip the next day. We were greeted by a voice on the intercom who asked us our names, on answering his question we were then told that our room had been taken as we had given him the wrong credit card details and there were no available rooms left for the evening. Fortunately, as i had read some bad reveiws about this hotel and the way it conducts buisness, i had on my person the reservation details that i had printed from the internet. these had all my credit card details on them and woe and behold they were correct. He then proceded to try and tell me that he had tried to email me to let me know. which also happened to be a blatant lie. We had phoned twice to confirm our reservation and were twice told everything was fine. We then had a confrontation with him out the front of his hotel and were then told he had another hotel around the corner that we could stay at . what a shambles that hotel turned out to be. all in all our experience with the hotel annexe got our holiday of to a bad start and if this can stop other travellers from going through the same rubbish we had to then job done.

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank adteen
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 31, 2005

The hotel is just okay but for the price it is well worth it. It is clean and cosy and offers a simple breakfast every morning- very similar to a bed and breakfast in every way but the cost. My only warning is to bring earplugs because the tube station is right across the street and is not quiet. The beds are very comfortable though. Overall, well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2005