“Shocking food and poor value for money”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #49 of 1,289 Nightlife in London
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The Swan alleges to have "legendary" fish and chips which is unfortunately a very false claim.

Cold, warmed up ( not freshly cooked) tat!
I wouldn't feed this kind of rubbish to an animal, let alone a paying customer.

Customer service is none existent and the best they could come up with when we complained was that " next time let us know"!!!

We're not local, but wouldn't visit this shambles of a eatery again anyway!

1  Thank Tonytm76

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Tonight I celebrated my birthday at The Swan and it did not disappoint. Since the weather was snowy, we opted for an inside table, altho' if you REALLY wanted to sit outside they had propane heaters running. I tried the fish and chips (a location speciality) and my husband ate one of the daily specials, beef stew with Yorkshire pudding. Both were very hearty servings and very good. I enjoyed the fish and chips, but on another visit, I would choose the stew, which I tasted and it was delicious. The Swan highlights on tap four varieties of a local London brewery, which all sounded great, but we only tasted one. For dessert we tried the spotted (..), and it was a complete success.

1  Thank TNarmybear
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a decent pub with friendly staff but the food is a bit of a let down. It's basic pub grub that goes cold very quickly.

1  Thank jefdow
Reviewed December 3, 2012

In my first evening in London, walked on beautiful Bayswater Road, we saw The Swan, a pub in a very attractive garden with wood tables and benches. The Swan offered me an impressive imagine of an English Pub. Not only for authentically decorations but for its history. The Swan, ( dated 1721) is reputed to have been the final drinking place for victims of the ‘Gibbet’ Tyburn Gallows, now Marble Arch, and for another many similar stories. Its amazing diversity of beer’s , from London Pride, ESB and Discovery, together with organic beer, Honeydew, can be enjoyed here, in sound of live piano music, I did indeed, and never will forget the wonderful time in The Swan, where was start and end my trip in London. Congratulation and Thanks, .EvaChiser

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was a handy place to meet my son and daughter-in-law and I'm glad we chose it for Sunday lunch. Friendly staff, quick service, relaxed atmosphere and really good fish & chips. Sod the diet.