This place is way too cool... to be honest, I'm not sure if I liked it or not.
The check in and service was excellent. Good processes and friendly staff who also know what they are doing.
The room I stayed in was tiny. Barely enough room to move between the bed and the table and with a small amount of luggage became cluttered. Scrawled on the wall was a bold piece of graffiti / modern art that may not be to everyone's taste.
Almost everything in the room is for sale which gives a weird feeling - not of somewhere to call home for the night, rather more like camping out in IKEA (or whatever the impossibly hip version of IKEA all the stuff came from).
It's an interesting experience. Perfect for the Facebook shareholders and Geeks spending their VC money on a business trip, but certainly not for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, a 5 star property in the historic Shoreditch neighbourhood, a hub for galleries, theaters and fashion, home of the Brick Lane market and a canvas for street artists from around the world.It’s a neighborhood with a long history of culture and industry — the first district where plays were performed in London, banned at that time in the center city, and later a center of in textile and furniture manufacture.Today’s Shoreditch is a leader in the arts, design, cuisine, culture and technology — an outpost in the global community of ideas. The design at Ace Hotel London hints at a wide range of influences from UK punk to the bold graphic style of the early 20th century Vorticist movement, to the clean Modernism of the Bauhaus.All rooms have vintage furniture, original artwork, in-room safe and flatscreen TV with Ace video-on-demand and Revo radios with Ace-curated radio stations, plus a well-stocked mini-bar and complimentary WiFI. Some rooms have turntables and a selection of vinyl and acoustic guitars.Easy access to Moorgate, Finsbury Square and Liverpool Street. Destination restaurant Hoi Polloi is by David Waddington and Pablo Flack who are restaurateurs behind Bistrotheque and Shrimpy’s. Gym is open 24 hours; the Hotel also features a Basement Bar with live gigs and DJ sets, a lobby bar, The Bulldog Edition - a coffee shop in partnership with Square Mile Coffee Roasters, an exhibition gallery, on-site juice bar, a flower shop, and 24 hours room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ace Hotel London Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London Shoreditch Hotel London
- London Crowne Plaza
- Ace Hotel London Shoreditch England