“Different hotel experience”

Ace Hotel London Shoreditch
Ranked #386 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We really enjoyed this stay - great location in the middle of trendy Shoreditch, wonderful and friendly staff, different kind of decor. Very different and stylish, especially if you like music. The room was a little dark though, it was difficult to read.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Many Thanks for the review. We do love to read that you had a different hotel experience at Ace London and happy to read you like the area of out location. We feel Shoreditch and Ace London fit perfectly together.

Make sure you come back to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have struggled always to find a decent comfortable hotel when I visit my adult family in London from overseas. But it seems I finally have.
From the initial welcome to the really well appointed room. High standards with really good service given by an incredibly young and vibrant team .
The hotel is totally different to the usual samey establishments , so refreshing. Good food but no pressure to have to eat in.
Most importantly I felt very safe staying as a lone female
And the location is brilliant .
I stayed 5 enjoyable nights .

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you so much for the 5 stars! We are so happy to read that you felt safe in Ace London because that is important to us. We do pride our team on been vibrant and pleasant and so it’s good to read you feel the same.

Please do come back to see us again whist visiting the family.

The Ace London Family xoxo

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I came on business and maybe I'm just plain too un-hip to appreciate the particular charms of this hotel and brand, but it was very close to my company's London office and reasonably priced. On the positive side, staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, shower pressure good, towels excellent (in contrast to one of the other reviews) and room service efficient. Plenty of outlets in the rooms as well. And location is super convenient to various parts of Shoreditch, Hoxton, the City, etc.

On the down side, had a room at the back (which was good for keeping it quiet), but the Wifi was weak and spotty throughout. Bed is almost like a futon rather than a conventional hotel bed. Room was quite dark, both in decor and in terms of actual daylight that comes in. And the lobby at night is quite noisy with the music scene, which I suspect is one of its charms if you are hipper than I am, but alas I think this kind of hotel is not a good match for my dull preferences for quiet post 11 pm.

Finally, there are lots of opportunities for commerce in the hotel if in-building shopping is your thing - both at the lobby check in desk (t-shirts, records, etc), and in the room, where they'll sell you everything from a tote bag to the liquor (in addition to the usual minibar set up).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Hey SafariKBFamily,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We love to hear what people think of us whether it is good or bad. We certainly try to learn from any comments that are sent our way.

We were happy to hear that there were aspects of the hotel that you liked and how the staff were friendly. We are also happy to tell you that in the last week we have upgraded the wifi in the hotel which means that connectivity is much improved.

We appreciate your comments about the décor everyone has their own taste but we do hope that it will not stop you from visiting us again.

Thanks again for such honest and balanced feedback

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stayed at the Ace twice on one trip (business trip where London was the base, so left and came back for a day in between). I was quite pleased with my first leg, the room was a good size for London, had two beds, clean and I enjoyed the atmosphere downstairs and the quirkiness of the rooms. Towels could use a replace - mine were a bit rough - but in the end that's minor.

My second leg was not quite as good, the staff that checked my in (a few girls) the first time were fantastic and willing to move me to a quiet room given I had just landed from overseas and wanted to catch up on sleep, but the second time the gentleman was not as good. Still fine - but I was given a small room, not enough room for a table to put breakfast or anything on (I got a chair, no table), and the room was still clean but I was pushed a little to up-sell to a larger room. When I declined it was a sense of "well I tried, not my problem." Anyway, A good stay overall and I like the hotel and would recommend it, when I do return I'll just aim for certain staff ...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ctwino
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hey, Many Thanks for your review we really love all feedback in order to improve our work and the feel of the place. A 4 star rating is amazing and we cannot thank you enough.

The Staff at Ace London xoxo

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had a smashing time here - really hip place and good service is guarranteed - good to see they are sticking to the standards the late owner set - good work guys, great stay all round. Only slight issue - the upper bar and bar area are stlll under construction but looks nearly finished - we can't fault it otherwise...

Room Tip: For hip and hippy alike
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hey Karlc12karl, Thanks so much for the 5 stars its a really great way to start the week. I will let all staff know that you think we doing well and keeping the Ace vibe alive.

The Staff from Ace London xoxo

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Having been to their location in NYC, I was ecstatic to learn there was another in London! The staff on both the hotel and bar/restaurant side were friendly and extremely helpful. The attention to detail throughout was much enjoyed. The size and design of the "standard" room felt and looked much better than it sounds initially, we loved the window couch. Room service breakfast was delicious and reasonably priced. The location was great- short walk to food, awesome bars, Spitalfields Market etc. And super easy to hop on a bus or the metro (with helpful instructions from the staff). Can't wait for our next stay at The Ace.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Martin N, Manager at Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

The Staff at Ace London

Hey Stepokee, Many Thanks for the five stars it’s a nice way how to end the week. We are so happy to read the fact you’re an Ace enthusiast and have also stayed at the NYC hotel. We have a great team who love paying attention to detail and so to read that you noticed this is amazing.

Many Thanks,

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for quick business trip in January. I loved the property, lobby was relaxing and open, the whole team was superb and a special thank you to Inga for a great welcome.
I will defiantly recommend to others and I look forward to return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hey, Many Thanks for the five stars it’s a nice way how to end the week. Our staffs at Ace do try and make our entire guests feel welcome. I will pass the thanks onto Inga.