“Luxury hotel value at a B&B price”
Review of Old Church Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Church Street
Ranked #160 of 566 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 21, 2010

We stayed on the third floor and were greatly impressed at the room. It has a recently renovated bathroom and the room has beautiful antique furniture and paintings.
What really made our stay enjoyable were the small luxuries in the room like the large soft towels, the fine cotton sheets and puffy down pillows, a large bottle of water was left for us daily as well as biscuits and tea/coffee. I noticed that hostess Nina had vacuumed our room every day - the room was spotless. There was also a flat screen TV with satellite channels. The room takes up the whole third floor so you have windows on both sides with a great view of the South Kensington/Chelsea area. The B&B is just under a 10 minute walk to South Kensington station which has cafes, pubs and restaurants. The immediate area is quite posh and it's a nice walk to the station, passing interior design stores, antique stores and boutiques. The street is a quiet residential street. Nina was a great hostess. I can't believe we got all this for just 100 pounds a night!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Aussie_Charlotte

Reviewed December 4, 2010

I was fortunate to have stayed at this B & B for 3 weeks and I cannot say enough good things: host Nina is friendly, warm, knowledgeable, and anticipates your every need, resident poodles Poppy & Pixie are adorable, and the B & B itself is superb. Its location is safe and central, and offers easy access to most London destinations. If you prefer the tube, So. Kensington stn. (which is an easy 6 mins. walk) gives you direct access to Heathrow, and the Piccadilly line, as well as 2 other lines. Royal Albert Hall is a short walk away, a choice of cinemas abound, and the shops on King's Road is a microcosm of Oxford St. What more can a girl ask for?

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank Catherine156
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights last year. The location is very nice - on a quiet street in a lovely neighborhood. The innkeeper is very accommodating and helpful and the rooms are very nicely decorated and spotless. Breakfast was perfect - fresh fruit and yogurt with homemade granola. We had a fantastic time. We will stay here every time we go to London. Thanks so much Nina!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LESTrips
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I feel lucky to have found this wonderful B&B and would definitely stay there again as well as send even the fussiest travellers there! I wanted to say in this exact neighborhood as I was visiting my niece from July 1 - 10 who was studying in London and whose flat was nearby. This is a lovely old townhouse, perfectly renovated in every detail! My room was very large and extremely comfortable. My bed was perfect and the linens, towels and toiletries luxurious, Everything was immaculate and cleaned every day. My bathroom was so nice, it has inspired my home bathroom renovation. The air conditioning was strong (there were some very warm days when I was there) and I slept in complete comfort. Nina, the owner, could not have been more warm and friendly and helpful and at the same time, very unintrusive. I read all the reviews and was concerned since I was travelling alone. All the great reviews were true and it could not have been easier to come and go, all in the perfect neighborhood! It was also very nice to be greeted by 2 tiny scampering poodles who greet you warmly - they are sweet and adorable and make you feel like you are home. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and I cannot imagine anyone staying here not falling in love with this perfect home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank MissMerryberry
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed in this B&B for 4 nights in July for my holiday. And it was absolutely fantastic and will stay only this place whenever I come to London. Cannot think about other place ever!
Nina, the hostess of this B&B is incredabily amazing and always treats guest in a nice and friendly manner. I felt more like I was visiting my relatives for example auntie's house rather than staying in normal B&B. Nina made myself at ease and checked if I need something.
This place doesn't have any signboard outside as B&B. So it might not be easy to find this place like hotel. But I liked it. Because it made me feel that I was staying at real home not in cookie cutter type hotel.
The house is elegant yet modern inside. Very neat and clean. I had a room at the coner in 1st floor and I could see the view of the backyard garden outside the window. Bed was very comfy and wide enough. Room was decorated with nice picture and some antique furniture which I liked very much. Bathroom was also clean and shower was strong. I had enough thick fluffy towels and the amendity was Brown molten.
There was tea making facility in the room with 1.5 litre bottle of water, coffee and various teabags. There was LCD TV also. So I wasn't bored at night time.
Breafast was not typical English breafast but continental. But for me it's so big enough.
Nina bakes croissant every morning. It tasted so good!! And yogurt, fresh berries, cheese, muesli, jam, orange juice and coffee(or tea) was served. I could see that she is not doing this only for money because the food was very fresh and bought from some good stores like waitrose or sainsbury mostly.
And she was willing to borrow London map books (So you don't have to buy London A to Z), Time out and other magazines.
This place is only 5~7 minuts away from South kensington station on foot. And nearest bus stop on Fullham road is only 1 min away. And Chelsea is very safe district at night even.
I miss Nina and her two lovely poodles. I will definately recommand this place specially for the ones who want home away home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank JuYeonKim
Reviewed June 17, 2010

My hubby and I spent a total of 8 nights here while in London. And we are both very happy with everything during our stay there. Nina is a very good and friendly host with her 2 lovely poodles. And the location is within 10-15 minutes walk from South Kensington tube station which makes it very convenient for us to travel out. There are also several eateries around the tube station.

Nina even help us with our luggages and orientate us to the whole house.

The deco of the whole house is very stylish, modern and with a touch of art in it.

Our room was being cleaned and tidied daily. Also Molten Brown hand washing foam, hand lotion and body cleansing gel were being refilled daily too. We will have fresh clean towels every 2 days. I love the bathroom because it is always very clean and I can soak in the bathtub at ease. Usually I am a clean freak when it comes to cleaniless of bathrooms. There are also lots of storage space in the cabinets of the bathroom. Inside Nina has stored all the necessities like facial wash, moisturiser, cleansing detergent for clothes and many more.

The continental breakfast is at 15 GBP for 2 people and I simply love the croissants. A good variety of fruits with muesli and yogurt were available. The tea and coffee comes in a very big pot. Very healthy and filling breakfast.

There is also wi fi provided for internet usage with a good speed, its even faster than what we are having back in Singapore

Will certainly go back there to stay again if we happen to visit London in future. Feels like home to us. Missing the poodles who will always come out to greet us when we return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kenji_suppitsu
Reviewed March 4, 2010

On a recent business trip to London, I chose the Old Church Street B&B and in a word it was exceptional! Nina is an amazing host and goes out of her way to be sure you are comfortable. The rooms are amazing - exceeding most of the London business hotels, and the bathrooms far exceed any London hotel I've stayed at. The breakfast was not to be missed - gorgeous display of fruit and yogurts and the best warm croissants I've had in London. The location is ideal to all the restaurants in Chelsea, morning runs in Battersea Park, and South Kensington tube station to get you to and from Heathrow. I have found my place to stay for all future London visits!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business