“Simply The Best”
Review of Old Church Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Old Church Street
Ranked #160 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have just spent 5 nights at No 90 Old Church Street. Great location in Chelsea. Beautiful rooms, amazing breakfast & above all a wonderful host in Nina who could not be more hospitable.
The decor is chic & luxurious
Simply perfect

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Thendaragirls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Houston
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at No. 90 Old Church Street. The location was wonderful. Although it is about a half-mile walk from the South Kensington tube station, there are nearby bus options as well. Just a few blocks away on King's Road there are many wonderful cafes, which is where we went for breakfast each morning. Nina and her two little dogs are the perfect hosts. As far as our room was concerned, we stayed on the top floor. The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and the bathroom was spacious and updated. We could not have asked for a better place to stay. We would love to have the opportunity to visit again in the future!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jill1986
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I recently stayed at No 90 Old Church Street in Chelsea. Great location, great room, great breakfasts and the lovely Nina to welcome you.This really is a gem amongst the hustle and bustle of London. It is very convenient to buses and the South Kensington tube station. Not to mention the No 11 bus which you can catch on the Kings Road. As a tourist this bus will take you through some of the most famous places in London, Buckingham Palace Road, House of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, St Pauls Cathedral. A must for a stay in London.

Room Tip: The room on the second floor is spacious and very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank Stephanie993
North Tonawanda, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I've just returned from a lovely stay at Old Church Street for 4 nights while visiting my daughter who lives in the area. I arrived late in the evening with my daughter who met me at South Kensington station and walked with me there. It took about 10 minutes. Lovely Nina greeted us with a smile and made us tea so we could visit for awhile in my room. The room was just perfect for me, immaculate and welcoming. The bed was sooo comfortable it was hard to get out of in the mornings! The bathroom has Molton Brown soap and shower gel and a powerful shower with a rain shower option. The heated towel rack was a bonus on the grey rainy days I was there. Closet space included many shelves, hangers, room for my case and even a little library of books. The view looked down on her lovely little garden.Everyday there was a bottle of water, a biscuit,and tea/coffee. I did not take the option of breakfast this time since I was around the corner from my daughter and joined her, but it certainly sounds like it would be wonderful.This B & B is in a very safe area, and was nice and quiet when I was there.
Nina was lovely to chat with, very personable and genuinely interested in conversation. I think this is a hidden gem and look forward to another stay one day. Thanks you so much Nina!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank daydream11
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had not yet learnt to use Trip Advisor when I visited London in 2011, but boy did I learn quickly after that! After experiencing a terrible hotel in a good location on that trip, I resolved to do my research and find somewhere lovely to stay on my 2013 trip. My hours of research paid off when I found Nina's B&B. I was so sad I was not able to stay longer. The room was lovely and the shower especially wonderful at the end of a long day walking the city. Nina is a beautifully chic and interesting host and I enjoyed the breakfast-table chat I had with her and the other lovely guests. Nina will be the very first person I email once I know when I will be lucky enough to visit London again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank Silvara123
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for a week's vacation. Nina was not at home when we arrived to check in, but she had emailed me prior with perfect instructions on getting into the house and our room. The room itself was lovely, as you can see from the photos. The bed was very comfortable. There was tons of closet space, more than enough for 2 people, along with a dresser and fold down desk. The bathroom was amazing! Double vanity, nice big bathtub and separate shower. The shower had both a hand-held sprayer and overhead rain shower option. The whole room was very clean and tidy. We did choose to eat breakfast there every morning, and it was great. It consisted of croissants, jams, breads, cheeses, fruit (watermelon, pineapple, nectarine, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, mango, papya), coffee/tea, yogurt, cereals, juice - very plentiful.
Nina was a great hostess, happy to help with any request. She had an plug adapter for us to use. She also had a UK mobile phone that she lent us during our stay, this worked out great for us since we were meeting up with some family on our trip.
The location is pretty good, about a 10-15 minute easy walk from South Kensington tube station (Picadily, District and Circle lines). Coming to/from the airport was a snap, just hopped on the Picadily line at the airport and got off at South Kensington and walked to the B&B. There are also a few bus routes that are about a 5 minute walk (11, 19 - just to name a couple).
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a trip to London at a reasonable price!

Room Tip: Bed and Breakfast is located on residential street, so there is really no bad room. Our room faced...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank noclue78
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Tucked away in a wonderful home in Chelsea is this wonderful B&B. I was travelling alone on business and happened upon this B&B through a friend and it truly is one of the best kept secrets of the city. I spent a week at this marvellous place and truly didn't want to leave. The bedroom, which looked over the magnificent garden, was larger than some of the 5 star establishments in London. The bed and linens were so comfortable you are guaranteed a wonderful night sleep. The bathroom had fantastic modern features and the best Molton Brown amenities. Your room is serviced (cleaned) daily and the house is immaculate and brilliantly appointed. I took photos and the ones already on the site are absolutely spot-on. The location is perfect for the tube (South Ken) and a lovely walk on a morning. Nina, the owner is a gem too and cannot say enough wonderful things about her. She provides wonderful advice if needed and most kind. I plan to stay here again, it was one of the best stays I've ever had in London and we usually come every year. Many thanks Nina, all the best!

Room Tip: For a quite room, especially if travelling alone, the one looking over the garden is ideal!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business