I stayed at the Marriott recently as I was attending a concert at the O2 - for this it is in an excellent position, one stop on the tube.
However, having stayed previously at 5* hotels, I feel this is more 4*. Yes, it is clean and has all the necessary facilities, but I do expect that extra mile from 5*. For example, there were no robes or slippers, only one tea bag per person in the room etc. We did have a nice view of the river and Canary Wharf, and it is handy for the DLR etc., but nothing special, just a standard Marriott. I am unsure why it has a 5* rating.
I also agree with previous reviews, that it is surprisingly difficult to find the entrance, particularly in the rain! There is a side entrance by the river, but you cannot access that until you have your key card, so initial access is difficult!
All in all, a clean hotel, exactly as you would expect from the brand but 5*? No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the Canary Wharf district, the London Marriott Hotel West India Quay offers luxurious accommodations and access to the city's most popular attractions. Indulge in a deluxe steakhouse experience at Manhattan Grill or maintain your workout routine with our state-of-the-art fitness center & sauna. We boast a prime location just 11 minutes from London City Airport and 10 minutes from Europe's largest indoor shopping mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your London Marriott Hotel West India Quay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Marriott West India Quay Hotel London
- Marriott London
- London Marriott Hotel West India Quay England