Stayed here with a friend in April to see the Dancing on Ice tour at the O2. Before booking, I did consult this website and we decided to go ahead. One of the main reasons was the relatively low cost, but the biggest was that my friend is a wheelchair user, and this was the only hotel in the locality where we could specifically book an accessible room.
It took the taxi driver a while to find the hotel from Euston station, and that is a downside, it's very far out, and we spent a lot of our money on taxis as we don't know how accessible the Tube and DLR are, so didn't want to risk it.
When we did arrive, we were very impressed by the sleek, modern look of the hotel and when we walked in we were even more impressed! As soon as we entered, the reception staff said hello, smiled at us and made us feel very welcome. Check-in was very quick and even though we had arrived before the stated time, we were told our room was ready and were handed our keys.
The room was, to put it bluntly, incredible! I'd only stayed in the Alton Towers hotel and I will be honest, I found the room here just as nice, if not a little nicer! It was well appointed, all in the company colour scheme, and there was ample space for my friend to get around in her wheelchair, which was great.
Then I saw the bathroom and again was blown away. Normally bathroom grab rails etc are very dingy grey or white affairs, and make the bathroom look like it belongs in a hospital, not a hotel, but this was all done in wood, and matched the room perfectly.
We did enjoy lunch in the hotel restaurant, and were very pleased with the choices available and the prices, only slightly more than you'd pay in a chain pub. Again, staff very helpful and the food was lovely. The whole area was clean and hygenic, and I really cannot fault it!
We headed off to the O2, and the staff were great, getting us an accessible taxi from the hotel entrance.
We got back quite late and turned in for the night, the only thing I found hard to get used to was the VERY soft pillows, but I really can't say it took the shine off the place.
The next day, after we'd packed most of our things, we headed down for breakfast and again were thrilled by the service. Staff seated us, and also assisted me back to our table when I was about to carry two hot plates of food across from the buffet, which was very welcomed and not something I had expected them to do!
Breakfast was varied and plentiful, so we were ready for a day of sightseeing in London afterwards. Checkout was fast and friendly, and the staff again got us a taxi from the hotel to our destination.
I would definitely stay in a Premier Inn again, and this experience has shown that they are not lying or exaggerating in their advertising, everything was brilliant as far as I'm concerned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of London Docklands, our Premier Inn will be sure to suit all your needs whether they are business or pleasure. Take a trip to the O2, which is only 20 minutes away. Or explore out to central London. The choice is truly yours, with the DLR (Prince Regent station) only a short walk away. Our dedicated and friendly staff will do their very best to meet your every need. With a Thyme restaurant on site you can be sure you won't go to bed hungry. A great nights sleep and a comfy kingsize bed will be just what you need after a long day at work or sight seeing. Premier Inn, a good night sleep guaranteed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel London
- Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel England