“Top of the League”

Ranked #228 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Top of the League”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We were pleasantly greeted on arrival, but as we arrived early morning our room was not ready. The Reception offered to store our luggage in a secure locked room till our room was ready. Room was quite large, clean and modern, and although you could see the DLR from our window it was actually very quiet. We booked this hotel for an event at the 02, and am glad we did as it exceeded our expectations and was a great location for the 02. The breakfast was hot and plentiful and great value at £8.95 eat as much as you like. I would have no hesitation of staying at this hotel and gain and would recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Polish first
Belper, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my first choice in location when visiting London. The area is easily accessible and traffic-free. The staff are all welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again as access to the ExCel and the tube for the city are within a few minutes walking distance. An excellent hotel overall.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Randomly visited Premier Inn in Docklands as a friend lives nearby. The receptionist, Warren, was great! As soon as I stepped through the door, he made me feel so welcomed and even made jokes. He helpfully directed me to the nearby Chinese restaurants when I mentioned wanting Chinese food for dinner as I found the area a bit confusing. Other staff were also friendly to me and I had a pleasant stay in a nice, clean room.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LTran2013
Premier Inn D, Manager at Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn and I am delighted that you had a positive time with us.
I am also delighted that you found the staff attentive and knowledgeable of the local area, which definitely made your stay “less confusing”.
The location of our hotel is fantastic with great transportation and local restaurants (if you wanted something different from our menu).

At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on.

Thanks once again for taking the time to give us feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The room was very clean and modern. Best of all, it has a bathtub in the room and the bed is quite comfortable (although there are occasional poke at the back but generaly quite good).

We paid about £108 for the room and we've tried the dinner and breakfast at the hotel. The dinner was very good standard, we ordered the beef and gammon and it were really tasty. The orange was slightly half sized by using the tall glass... The service was superb through out the evening.

The breakfast selection is not the biggest that we have tried but given that one only paid around £9 for all selections per person, it was quite good standard with everything look and tastes fresh. Will definitely go and stay at this place again... It was my first time at a premier inn and I was truly surprised on its quality... it was much better than some of the rundown hotels that I've stayed at Hilton outside of London and I was even a member to Hilton Honor's club.... :(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at our hotel and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us. I am also pleased that you found the staff attentive and the rooms immaculate, which you found was a very pleasant surprise :)
It is so good to know that you found the hotel faultless and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit to London.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked this hotel as our first choice hotel was full and in retrospect we are all very glad we did as the hotel was a very pleasant surprise. My image of Premier Inn was quite budget but that has certainly changed I don't know if all Premier hotels are the same or this hotel is just extra special. The bedroom and bathroom were large and spotless, a very welcome relief after a busy day and everything worked! Despite being close to an airport and the DLR the noise was minimal and we slept welI. All the staff were really friendly, positive and very helpful. We couldn't fault what is effectively a low cost hotel. The service and quality we received you would expect in a more expensive hotel but rarely find. We will definitely book again..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank to192
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

A fairly normal Premier a Inn - clean, bright, functional, etc.

What makes this better than the normal (for the money) is the staff. From those on check-in to those in the restaurant (dinner and breakfast) nothing is too much trouble.

Far far far better than I expected? Been about 7 years since I last stayed at a Premier Inn and if this is the "new standard" then I shall be visiting more often (I hotel stay for work at least 1 night per week on average).

Thanks you to the staff.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kev-B-Lin
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn, I am really pleased to see that you found your stay here was better than normal because of our staff members from our receptionist to our restaurant.
In these last 7 years, premier inn has gone through many developments, which includes joint ventures from outside of the UK to being one of the best hotel brands.
We pride ourselves on providing all of our guests with a great service, great food and a fantastic nights sleep. It is great to get feedback from our guests about what we are doing well and what we can improve on.

Zhuhai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a wonderful time at this hotel. The hotel is close to the tube station called Prince Regent, which it easier to travel into different tourist sites. When we arrived the staff there were very helpful especially the Manager Warren( i guess so )who impress me the most, he not only provides us the exceptional customer serves including solving the internet issue in my room promptly and effectively, but also give us very good recommdations on every tourist site we plan to travel as its first time for us to travel london and very confuse on what route should i travel on without wasting too much time looking round.very helpful ! i ll definitly come back again if we have chance to visit london in the future:)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for posting your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at London Docklands (ExCel) Premier Inn . I was delighted that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and that you found our staff very helpful by providing exceptional customer service like recommending tourist sites for you to visit as well as promptly resolving your Internet issues.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.