My husband & i stayed at the hotel for 4 nights to attend the Star Trek convention at the adjacent Excel. We had a ground floor room which faced onto the main road, and even so there was very little traffic noise. The room was basic, spacious and comfortable. The only 1 comment of not being happy with our stay was the room temperature, which on the Thursday evening was way too hot, and a window required to be opened to allow for additional cooling and air. We found this solution to be fine for the remainder of our stay. Breakfast was more than adequate with a good variety of choice of Cereals, Yoghurts, Fresh Fruit, Croissants/Toast etc, plus you had the option of traditional English breakfast freshly cooked. Plenty of Tea/Coffee available. As with most hotels that are busy, breakfast time was a challenge for the staff, however as a previous Dining room manager i have to commend the head waiter/waitress for the excellent organisation of their staff to cope with the consistent ongoing rush, and at no time during my meals did i feel like i was being pushed out of the door to accomodate another body. We ate in the dining room for our evening meals Friday-Sunday, the menu was varied and the food was of a very high standard. Once again due to the hotel being full the Dining room staff had to cope with a lot of people needing fed after being at the convention all day, and due to this added pressure it was not all plain sailing, but the staff coped very well and managed to maintain a high excellence of customer service and remain polite at all times. Public transport is nearby the hotel, the DLR providing a route to London City Airport and Central London via Canning Town. The cost of a day travel card was £7.50 and could be used on all methods of transport around London within the relevant Zones. This is a hotel that we would consider returning to in the future and would recommend as a stay. Our only nightmare to the end of what was a really good stay & fabulous Star Trek Convention a cancelled early morning flight from City Airport due to the Fog.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of London Docklands, our Premier Inn will be sure to suit all your needs whether they are business or pleasure. Take a trip to the O2, which is only 20 minutes away. Or explore out to central London. The choice is truly yours, with the DLR (Prince Regent station) only a short walk away. Our dedicated and friendly staff will do their very best to meet your every need. With a Thyme restaurant on site you can be sure you won't go to bed hungry. A great nights sleep and a comfy kingsize bed will be just what you need after a long day at work or sight seeing. Premier Inn, a good night sleep guaranteed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel London
- Premier Inn London Docklands (Excel) Hotel England