“Simple place - don't expect too much”

and 1 more site!
The Belgravia Hotel
Ranked #410 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Simple place - don't expect too much”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

While they call themselves The Belgravia Hotel, this is really a very very simple b&b. I didn't expect much (especially after reading all the other reviews). I chose this place for its close proximity to the Victoria Coach Station. I needed a place to shower and sleep, that's all.

It's really a very short walk from the Victoria Coach Station and that's what I wanted. I rang the bell and the guy who opened the door looked at me with suspicion until I showed him the confirmation. He only accepted cash for the room (deposit already paid).

I happened to get a room on the top floor. It was tough getting the suitcase up those steep and narrow staircase! I had requested for a room with a bathroom and the room was clean enough with 2 towels on the bed. There was no room to open the suitcase though. The bathroom was tiny (of course) and if I was taller, my knees would have hit the wall when I sat down on the toilet. Having said that, the toilet was clean and it flushed, there was hot water (pathetic water pressure), I really couldn't complain.

There was actually a a small TV with a cable box. I half expected it NOT to work, but it did. Ha ha.

I think it was the hottest day in London's history and so I suffered that night. No fan, no aircon, just a small window (thin curtains). So it's a good thing I sleep easily and was not too disturbed by all the noise from the street (a lot of noise).

I had to leave early the next day, so I decided not to wait for breakfast (starts at 8am). So I left the keys in the room, as instructed, and almost rolled down those steep stairs.

All in all, a fairly safe and uneventful stay. Considering I paid 51 pounds, I really didn't expect much, hence I wasn't disappointed either. Of course there was room for improvement, but hey I survived :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CHKL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Near glasgow
Reviewed August 8, 2012

do not stay in this hotel! the pictures are fake and it will spoil your holiday. we booked online and when we got there it was totally different! the hotel was dirty and smelly we had booked for one night, we refused the room as the condition was really bad and didnt want bitten by bed bugs. we were told by the staff take it or leave it you will still be charged. we paid £100 and are fighting to get our money back. it totally ruined our visit for the olympics

Room Tip: do not stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angela h

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Do not book a room with this hotel. It is filty and disgusting. The staff are rude and unhelpful. I just wish i had read the reviews before i booked a room with them. At the beginning everything seemed to be going well until my boyfriend and i were shown our double room. It was a complete mess. The room was tiny. There were damp and water stains on the floor and roof. The bed needed to be replaced. It was ripped and the springs were broken. The shower was very small and it needed a good clean. The room floor needed hoovering. The windows were extreamly thin and we could hear everything that was going on outside, it was very loud. Needless to say we had the worst night sleep. My boyfriend had insect bites on his back and his body was itchy for most of the night. Also when we booked the room we were told a plasma t.v, tea and coffee making facilities and a hairdryer is included in the room price which the hotel lied about. When we complained the next day about the room the guy on reception could not care less. He started arguing with both myself and my boyfriend, he was abusive and didn't want to deal with the problems we had faced. He even had the cheek to ask for £2.00 for storing our luggage there untill we were ready to pick it up which no other hotel has done before. I explained to him that we got our room key 4hours later than expected as the room was not ready and if he could waiver the luggage fee as it seemed unfair. At this point he went ballistic and actually started shouting in our faces. He blatantly ignored us and said that we should book in with someone else next time as they have plenty of romanian and polish family's that would book in with them which i'm not surprised about because i saw a romanian family living in the hotel kitchen. Some photo's are included.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sam s
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here just before Christmas 2011. This hotel looked nice in the pictures- I called the hotel before I arrived to ask a few questions and they were very pleasant. Upon arrival, it was a complete change. The front looked nice but once you got upstairs there was black filth ground into the carpet with dried bubble gum. It was disgusting. I had asked if I could store my bag there when I arrived in the morning (arrived on early international flight)- on the phone before I arrived they seemed very helpful- when I arrived it was as though I had inflicted harm on their whole day. Even upon arrival, I was greeted with "Are you sure you have a reservation here?-- You might have one somewhere else- we're getting guests that don't belong here". The room smelled of mildew. You share a bathroom with the whole floor <1 bathroom--as in 1 toilet with shower in a room for multiple people on the floor> (which might be out of toilet paper...and no.... there is none in the cabinet to replace it with (it might be stolen so they keep it safe downstairs)-- if it runs out while you're in there- you'll have to go ask for more. I came back to find a RAT in my bed and was told that London is full of rats and it shouldn't be a big deal. I checked out early and requested a refund due to all of the problems- they gave me a minimal refund.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place unless you have no other option
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank jeoldmixon
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 3 years ago an I had a bad experience with the customer service,but last month I booked again in the Belgravia hotel which was under new management and a lot of changes.nice rooms still small but very clean and comfortable.Very welcoming staff who made me feel like home.I paid only 50 pounds per night and I had nice breakfast and being served from the staff very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank Faizidanof
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2012

me and my girlfriend went to london for the weekend, we were planing to stay with a friend but he was living in Croydon! and my gf started moaning about how far it is and how horrible Croydon is so we agreed to stay in a hotel somewhere near victoria,we started looking in ebury street and oh my god the prices is expensive, I think it was because of the area in the middle of london anyway, the cheapest hotel we found was belgravia hotel for the record it was the one in 118 ebury street! well we were suprised that the rooms are small, in the beginning we thought its gonna be bad, but it was not the receptionist was friendly and funny, rooms were small yes but clean, hot water and heating were working, I just opened trip advisor and saw the reviews and i was surprised to be honest because it dosent seems good at all, but my personal experience me and my girlfriend, it was good and we did book already for the coming weekend to come back and stay there, prices are good comparing with the other prices and the hotel is just behind the coach station.... well i do travel alot and i think that people will always complain about the bed and breakfast hotels... maybe because the dont understand what bed and breakfast means or maybe they dont understand that the price depends on the area... I dont know, I went there and guess what, IT WAS GOOD!

Room Tip: good for couples and young people and the price is better than the other hotels considering the qual...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Gabor186460
Swansea
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Serioulsy wish i had read the reviews before i put myself and my husband through the nightmare Belgravia DONT DO IT! As the other reviews say it is as awful as it sounds we'd paid for two nights but left after the first couldnt bear to stay another night on a bed that had springs threatening to break through the mattress each time you turned over. I have emailed to complain but as yet have recieved no reply! Not going to keep repeating all the previous complaints are sadly correct.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple