“very disappointed...”

Exhibition Court Hotel 4
Ranked #953 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I booked the hotel as it read really well and looked great on the pictures. However, when we arrived the room was tiny, my husband who is 6' could touch the opposite walls if he laid on the bed and put his hands out! The decor in the room was ok, but it was a small double bed, no wardrobe, alarm clock, tea or coffee or toiletries. The bathroom was so tiny, you couldn't sit on the toilet properly as the tiny basin was in the way! They have obviously made one room into two.
This would have been fine if I'd just paid the £70 that it was advertised as but they added VAT so I ended up paying £90 - which I felt was really overpriced for what was essentially a cupboard!!
On the plus side, its a central location and it was clean. Breakfast was included of toast, jam and boiled eggs and the staff were friendly. Fine if your tiny and just want a crash pad!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The room was just perfect for my stay. Service was awesome and location just perfect!!! I needed a room overnite because of a long layover and the hotel was easy to get to And near everything from restaurant to attractions. Love picadilly circus which is so close with the tube :)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you are to save money while living in good place as South Kensington, it's ok, and service is average, but room facilities are very very poor, tight and not nice, Breakfast is ok, and staff try to offset the poor venue with god attitude but anyway I do nor recommend it for russian people who is acustomed to more comfortable venue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel met all our needs for our short trip. We stayed here 3 nights, and found the loaction almost perfect for what we wanted to do (visiting museums and the zoo mainly). Earl's Court station is literally a 1 minute walk from the hotel, and there are plenty of cafes and restaurants down the road for evening meals.
As we arrived early, we couldn't check in until the afternoon. This was fine, and the staff accomodated our bags in a storage room near the front room. My concern here was that this was never locked.
The room itself, wasn't big nor small, more just cosy. The bed was extremely comfy and the bathroom was amazing, with great shower pressure (even on the 4th floor). The facilties in general were up to standard.
The complimentary breakfast that is provided, was very good. A simple continental breakfast - cereal, juice, toast, coffee/tea, with yoghurt and a warm crossiant with ham and cheese. The breakfast bar is, however, in the basement and is very small. At full capacity, it can only hold about 30 people. Considering the size of hotel, and at our time of staying it was very busy, there was an issue with people queing for a table to become free. Breakfast is served between 7-9am on weekdays, and towards the end of our stay, we realised that to avoid waiting, get down there the earlier the better. Apart from this, it was a pleasant morning each time.
Overall, it was a lovely stay and worth the money for 3 nights (to be honest, quite cheap really for Central London). We only stayed here for 3 nights - I reckon that if you are looking for a hotel for a longer stay, I recommend searching somewhere else

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N_George2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE. We booked a night online, where the hotel pictures looked very nice, only to be completely shocked when we arrived, no hotel name outside, a dirty looking carpet, left baggage in the hall ways, total hovel! although the receptionst was polite enough. We checked in and went to room 21 - OMG is all I can say, the room was no bigger than 10 ft x 6 ft. The room was very hot, no window and looked dirty, the door lock looked like it had been tampered with. We did not feel safe staying here and stayed about 10mins!!!! Thank god for the lovely premier inn staff round the corner that found us a room!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank redrud
Reviewed August 17, 2013

really small room with a tiny bathroom, it was really hard to move without hitting your body. Not clean, the bed wasn't made properly.the lady who served breakfast was rude and bad mannered. Really poor standards for a hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I booked this hotel through booking.com and needed to cancel within a couple of days due to a date change. Exhibition Court Hotel 4 had taken my money within two days but went against their own policy to refund me within the 14 working days they state on the confirmation.

I have now chased them up twice. I called booking.com and must say their staff were excellent in trying to resolve the problem; however, they do need a system to report this type of bad customer service with regard to cancellations. The hotel still owes me a refund after the 14 working days; they say they are waiting for a manager's approval. So I will have to wait and see if they get round to it.

Be warned - if you may need to change dates or have extenuating circumstances that lead to a cancellation - this hotel try’s to hold onto your money for as long as possible and offers no apology whatsoever! I would advise to book somewhere more customer and wallet friendly.

Room Tip: Not applicable.