“Super Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
108 Streathbourne Road
Ranked #72 of 579 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Delightful Bed and Breakfast. We were greeted by Mary and David who made us feel very welcome. Their home is wonderful, so clean and inviting. We stayed in the bedroom at the top of the house, which was like a small suite as we had our own separate bathroom, the bedroom and bathroom were lovely. Very convenient for all transport, lovely tree lined road. Everything we needed was provided even fresh milk for coffee and tea. Breakfast was served in the dining room overlooking a lovely garden. We have children living in London and we will certainly be visiting Mary and David again! It was a pleasure to stay in their wonderful home, Many Thanks from Devon

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan S

Reviewed March 12, 2012

At 108 Streathbourne Road, we were greeted by lovely hosts, Mary and David. Their home is extremely clean and welcoming. Breakfast was superb and generous, and hosts were very knowledgeable about the area (transport, restaurant recommendations, etc.). We thoroughly enjoyed The French Cafe in the neighborhood! Mary arranged for a car to pick us up at Heathrow, which was quite convenient and easy. B&B is near Tooting Bec tube stop, as well as overground rail (Balham). Rooms are spacious and accommodating. When in London, we'll be back! Thank you for a wonderful introduction to London Town!

Room Tip: Room with two twin beds and nearby room with one twin bed are suitable for families.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed March 4, 2012

i need to stress that i am a b&b fan as i prefer the personal flair and the character of the landlords. I had some really charming days there, the house is nice, room is large and cleas and breakfast was fabulous. And the landlords are really nice, helpful and they give you a feeling of being very welcomed in their home. Many thanks for the time there!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank travelwithcuriosity
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Homecoming to 108 Streathbourne Road for B&B.

What an absolute delight to be back at 108 Streathbourne Road! I was in London again from Sydney for a family wedding. This time, Mary and David Hodges (after a very warm welcome!), gave me their charming, cosy single bedroom which overlooked their very pretty garden at the rear of their house. And I had access to a huge bathroom! The dear little bedroom itself was filled with everything to make you feel cheery and comfortable. Flowers, magazines, TV, a tray for coffee and tea making…just lovely and plenty of room for my suitcase which is not always the case in a single room.

108 was to be my London base for the very busy wedding week so transport links were very important. They turned out to be everything that I wanted. For example, I could take a 319 bus to Chelsea for Kings Road shopping, an overland train to Victoria to visit the Queen’s Gallery at Buckingham Palace (one of the places on my ‘must see’ list). And I could take the Underground to Leicester Square for the theatre. Mary and David also have useful contacts with hire car/taxi services if you need to go somewhere in a car. They are a fount of local information and most helpful with international and local travel enquiries which are of paramount importance when one is in another country.

All in all I cannot speak too highly of my recent stay at 108. I looked forward each morning to the delicious breakfast in the elegant dining room (a choice of either traditional cooked English or continental) and what is particularly pleasing, their rates are very, very good value for LONDON!!! A stay at 108 is like coming home to the family!

Room Tip: All the bedrooms are lovely but visiting solo on this trip I found the single blue and white bedroom...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank Bayrose
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Our second stay at Streathbourne Rd and I must say that the accommodation continues to be exceptional. Mary and David are the perfect hosts and make your stay very special in their beautiful home. For a reasonably priced B&B close to public transport into the City, good sized bedroom and bathroom and superb breakfasts then look no further. This B&B will remain our
first choice whenever we are visiting London

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank pjwCheshire
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I were making our third trip to London in October and wanted a different experience of the city than before. We had stayed in hotels on earlier visits, close to "the action" of Piccadilly Circus and the West End, but this time we wanted to feel we actually lived in England for a time. Fortunately, we found online information and reviews about 108 Streathbourne Road, a B&B that's actually in the Wandsworth suburb south of London (closest tube stop Tooting Bec), and booked a room there.

We enjoyed our stay immensely. David and Mary Hodges are gracious hosts, and their home is comfortable and lovely. Mary pampered us with full English breakfasts, perfectly cooked to order, and David provided information on good area restaurants, how to get from Point A to Point B, and other out-of-towner concerns--rather like having a concierge for the city on speed-dial!

We had the two-bedded room at the top of the tall house, so I couldn't get the Wi-Fi there on my little computer, but I logged on in the dining room once breakfast was over, and the Wi-Fi worked perfectly there. Our room and the adjoining bath were spotlessly clean, and fresh towels were provided each day. One of our priorities while in London was attending several plays in the West End, and we got there and back easily by tube. We enjoyed comparing notes on plays with the Hodges, who also are theater buffs, and on other goings-on about the city.

When compared with London hotel prices, 108 Streathbourne Road is definitely affordable and was a very positive experience. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Foodie351
Reviewed August 15, 2011

108 Streathbourne Road was a great find for me, I was visiting my daughter in London and wanted a quiet place to retire each night, Mary and David were very accommodating and very friendly. The breakfast was delicious, the room spotless, so couldn't ask for anything more. The house is close to the overland train into London, or the tube is only a 5 minute walk away. The area felt very safe, and Tooting Common was only at the top of the street. All in all I would highly recommend, and I already have to lots of Aussie friends, and I would be staying there on my next visit to the UK. Judy Salamander Bay NSW

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo