“Good overnighter for London City Airport”

Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
Ranked #679 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newport, United Kingdom
“Good overnighter for London City Airport”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

All you need for a stay to catch the early flight from City Airport. When we went it took longer than the 7/8 minutes walk to/from the DLR station which is a few metres from the terminal. Not the hotel's fault, but nearly all the best route was blocked off and may be for a while.
Friendly efficient service.
One niggle, the lowslung beds!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NarinderSingh, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Please use DLR and get down at Pontoon Dock station which is just 1 stop from London City Airport and is teh closet station to the Hotel.

Kind regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Basildon
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was really disappointed with the room. I understand it is a budget hotel, but I felt this was disqusting. I was so diappointed in my room, that I immediately booked another room at Premier Inn. The difference in the price was £20, but it was worth paying the extra, as well as losing £52 I had already paid for the room plus breakfast.

The reasons why I was disapointed are
1. The bed was so hard.
2. the toilet was in a cupboard.
3. The shower was right in the room.
4. Was not at all comfortable, The room was not inviting, very bland and unwelcoming.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Gary306Basildon
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I am so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Budget London City Airport. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. Feel free to contact me on 0207 474 9106 or email me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss the matter further.

Kind regards

Assistant Manager

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Very convenient next to the airport.

Ironically, the staff were at an official company party to celebrate their success and the hotel was being run by replacements from all over the network.

Bit chaotic but the temporary staff could not have been more friendly & helpful, especially in the restaurant.

Room was clean tidy and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and take your own tolietries
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
NarinderSingh, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Many thanks for taking time to post a review.
We appreciate and treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness.
However we have no restaurant in the hotel and we have never held a company party in our hotel.
Could you please email me with more details on h3578-gm@accor.com to discuss the matter further: booking number, date of stay

Sincerely

Narinder Singh
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Room nice and clean, great location for city airport and the lad at check in was polite however, the toilet door didn't shut properly and the bed was so hard it would have been more comfortable sleeping on the floor. Having to use a coat for a second pillow didn't help either ! Def didn't feel it was worth £55 wouldn't use again.

• Stayed April 2013
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
I am really sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations.
I would like to discuss the matter with you.
Please could you contact me on 0207 474 9106 or email me on h3578-dm@accor.com.

Kind regards

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Basic room, which was expected, very clean, 5 mins from Pontoon Dock station. Took my own travel kettle, hairdryer, and shower gel. Was impressed by breakfast, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, toast, jam, nuttella marmalade, danish pastries fruit juices and tea, coffee etc and plenty of it! If some of the items ran out, you only have to ask and they were replaced.The staff were very helpful and friendly! I don't know what people expect for the price paid, but I thought it was fantastic value for money! When we asked for extra towels they were provided. . If your on a budget I wouldn't hesitate to stay again -but don't forget to take ear plugs with you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
I look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 23, 2013

no way to keep bathroom floor dry after a shower.
no free wifi internet - no internet cafes nearby.
basic accomodation. matress was good from my point of view (a little on the hard side).
location a bit boring - 5 minute walk from nearest underground which is OK - but 30 minutes by undeground from anywhere useful, besides EXCEL exhibition centre which is nearby. breakfast cost 54 pounds something - did not bother - gas station next door has enough fresh alternatives (branch of Costas coffee bar)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Many thanks for your comments.
We appreciate and treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness. Please to let you know that our continental breakfast rate is not 54.00 GBP, but 4.25 GBP
I'll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport very soon.

kind regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and my brother booked a night at this hotel as we were going to a gig at the o2, was cheap enough, didnt expect a great deal. However, the hotel room we were given was stupidly basic, our mattresses werent even mattressess, more like camping matts. On the way from the dlr station to the hotel, we bumped into a junkie who led us to the hotel and asked us to help him rob the garage next to the hotel, once at the hotel check in was simple and the guy we spoke to was friendly, even gave us a different room with more space, i cant imagine how somewhere so basic requires more space though. Barely slept due to the hotel itself being noisy and uncomfortable aslong with the airport not so far away (few hundred metres) and all the factories around the hotel. Check out was really basic, literally just a simple 'thanks' from the staff. If the gig we went to hadnt of been so good and kept the mood of the trip high, id of asked for a refund. Stay somewhere else people.

• Stayed March 2013
I am so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis Budget London City Airport. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 0207 474 9106 or email me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss this further.

Assistant Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Venture Hostels
East End / East London
Ruskin Hotel
Ruskin Hotel
#585 of 1,063 in London

Been to Hotel ibis budget London City Airport? Share your experiences!