“Excellent stay with helpful staff.”

Hotel ibis budget London City Airport
Ranked #679 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent stay with helpful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I brought 30 students to stay for 4 nights during February half term and have done so for 4 years. It has always been ideal for our Theatre trip and sleeps 3 students comfortably in each room. The staff are always polite and the correspondence throughout the booking was positive. The rooms were clean and the shower nice and powerful and hot. If you don't mind a small walk it is in good distance of the DLR which allowed easy access into the city centre. It was quite throughout the nights which gave us much needed rest from the days activities. The value for my trip is excellent, working out under £20 per night per student which keeps things within my budget for the week. Despite being 'budget' in the name, it certainly has the feel of more than this and gives other far more expensive places in the centre a run for their money at far less of the price, all for the sake of a short walk and a tube ride seeing the sights of the Docklands.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonable nights break away from the hustle and bustle of the city or if you are planning a group trip away and require appropriate accommodation much nicer and cleaner than any local hostels.

• Stayed February 2013
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.
Many thanks for your kind comments and compliments.
Our team is delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Emmanuel Alley
Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have never had a worse Hotel experience in my entire life.

We were in London, and it was a Saturday evening in February, and for a number of reasons, we needed to locate a Hotel for that night, as things had cropped up that had forced our hand. Fortunately, after a Google search, we located this particular Hotel, which looked fine. Nothing fancy, cheap, and available for THAT particular night.

I put emphasis on 'THAT' night, as I'll explain shortly.

We booked via their official site, and everything was confirmed. The card we paid on had been charged, the booking confirmed, and we were good to go - Or so we thought. It was only after I checked the email confirmation that I noticed the dates on the confirmation were for a WEEK after the night, and NOT for the night we had originally booked. We double checked before we proceeded with payment, as we aren't stupid. We wouldn't book for a week in advance when we aren't even in the city on that date. We wanted THAT night, and got given a room for the following week.

Not amused. We rang the Hotel directly and could not understand what the man was saying. So we decided, as it was getting late, we would head towards the Hotel anyway, to sort this mess in person.

On arrival, we explained to the gentleman on Reception who understood our issue, but couldn't do anything other than promise us that Customer Service would refund us for the problems, as it had happened at THEIR end, and not our fault. He couldn't do anything about that night, other than charge us full price for another room, the same room as we had booked, but the system failed to allocate until a week later. We ended up paying again, for a room that night, yet he didn't even tell us the price - he just assumed we knew the rate for each and every night in the Hotel. We only found out when he had taken our card details and keyed them into the machine, and a receipt was being printed.

This is shocking customer service, both from the Website managers, to the Hotel management, and now Customer Service management.

We have got in touch with the Hotel, and they can do nothing. They refuse to help. We responded to a rude 'You did not turn up' email DIRECTLY from the Hotel, and they have ignored us. We have Facebook messaged, and they just pass from pillar to post. We have emailed Customer Services directly and they have not responded. All in all we are very angry, and not amused in the slightest.

We actively say AVOID THIS HOTEL. The room (once we were inside, after paying AGAIN), was vile. It was cold (literally freezing), and resembled a Hostel room. Seriously, awful. There was no plugs, and it was actually the same building material as a Portacabin is made of.

We are well and truly fuming and will NOT be returning EVER. We want a full refund for the problems, as it was not our fault, and even Hotel staff admitted this but were not willing to assist,

I write honest reviews, and this is one of them. It may sound awful, but it's the truth, and a true review of our experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ExploringLondon
NarinderSingh, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at Ibis Budget Hotel London City Airport. I have received the feedback already which has been replied earlier to you. As you have already mentioned that resrevation was made online by yourself, so you must be aware of conditions of resrevations as it was made under promotional rates which is restricted to cancellation and modification but in return offer you very good rate. Reservation cannot be completed without agree to the internet sales conditions. Please reserve rooms under unrestricted rates in future if you wish to have flexibilty of cancellation up to 1400 on the day of arrival. All of the rooms are recently refurb and had power sockets available to use in the room.
Please feel free to contact me on 0207 474 9106 / h3578@accor.com to discuss this further.

Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Kassel, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel. It's promoted like a London City Airport hotel but it's location is not convenient. More importantly, I was very surprised that even after my reservation in advance for which I provided Credit Card I received following email:

"Could you please confirm that you will check in on 04.02.2013 till 08.02.2013? Please reply to this email as soon as possible otherwise your reservation will be cancelled after tomorrow 12pm."

They just wanted to resell my room. If I would not have responded, my room would be canceled. No way!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vladaman
NarinderSingh, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at Ibis Budget Hotel London City Airport. I have certainly noted your comments about the reconfirmation of reservation, which is normal procedure to check genuine reservation and to avoid no shows of false resrevations at hotel. I have also emailed earlier response on the feedback given based on hotel survey.

Poznan, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was really wondering to give 2 or 3 points to this hotel. To be honest it deserves for 2 and the half.
Rooms are preety nice, with the bathroom, but no soap or shower gel provided. There is also daily cleaning, which is good. TV in the room, wireless internet chargeable and I had some problems with the signal.
Breakfast was chargeable also (I don't remember how much at the moment) and it was average. Small variety of products, everyday there was same.
Hotel is quite far from the city center, but there's 5-8 minutes to the DLR station, so not that bad.
To sum up - as I mentiones before - 2,5 points.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank majek89
NarinderSingh, Manager at Hotel ibis budget London City Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, and I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Budget London City Airport some time in the future. Do feel free to call me on + 44 2074749106 or email me on h3578-dm@accor.com to discuss further.

Emmanuel Alley