“Love that hotel!”

Ranked #100 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bangkok, Thailand
“Love that hotel!”
Reviewed July 23, 2007

A second stay for us at the Zetter and we again had a fantastic time. I am amazed by some of the less than ecstatic reviews I have seen - it is my favourite hotel in London and one I don't hesitate to recommend. Ticks all the boxes - quirky, polite, chic, unpretentious, yummy food, smiling happy staff.

What more do you want!!!!!

• Liked — Everything! But especially the cockails, vege options on menu and sumputous pillows
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tssmcdonald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed July 17, 2007

we went for dinner at the restaurant last friday, 13th july 2007.
it was four of us and we have the most amazing dinner ever. starter, main course and dessert. we also have wine and we only paid £150.00. great for such a nice restaurant, great location too.

would advise everyone to go and try.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
njacquet
Reviewed July 17, 2007

I had a wonderful time at The Zetter, the room had a great view and was a good size, the food was great and the service very nice... a beautiful touch: they have their own water!! The location is also with great access to the city and very lively night area...

Definetely will come back!

Stayed June 2007
Maidstone, Kent
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I booked my husband and I a night away in London as a surprise for our wedding anniversary. My sister who is a travel agent had recommended The Zetter as she thought it was just our style. How right she was!

The staff at the reception area were extremely helpful and attentive. I usually find the staff extremely rude in London hotels, though I think this may be a language barrier thing as they are nearly always foreign with very poor English. Any doubts I had regarding The Zetter were quickly forgotten. They asked if we were local, if we wanted to know anything about the area, whether we wanted dinner reservations, breakfast in bed etc. Always smiling and chatty. I mentioned it was our anniversary and later that evening we returned to our room to find a bottle of wine with a handwritten postcard from the manager, Justin, expressing his congratulations. Not something you hear everyday.

I booked us a St John's Superior room which was lovely (room 411). I thought it was about normal size for a city hotel and it certainly wasn't tiny but made excellent use of space. Bathroom was clean and modern and the shower was AMAZING. I wish I could have one in my home. Bath robes are lovely and comfortable. Bed was fabulous.

Reception area was lovely if you're into quirky, retro styling. The bar area is fantastic with great decor. We took our Mr & Mrs Smith card which gives you a complimentary cocktail. The cocktails were fabulous and the bar staff were very attentive and chatty.

Location is not too bad - a 10 minute walk to the tube and a 20 minute walk to Covent Garden. I think there are a couple of clubs nearby if that's your sort of thing, but it wasn't for us!

Only complaints are: no complimentary toothpaste - you have to pay £2 for a (really cute) dental kit; DVD player was constantly skipping or freezing; Internet isn't free either which is a real shame.

• Liked — fantastic decor, great rooms & excellent customer service
  • Disliked — DVD player skipped, no free toothpaste or free internet access
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jodieb1983
Darlington
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Booked a 2 night weekend stay at the Zetter and as 2 girls sharing was advised to upgrade to a St Johns Sq superior room at a rate of £170 per night incl bfast which was supposedly a bigger room with a queen bed. We decided to splash out on a really nice hotel as a treat for the weekend.
On checking in, we were amazed at the size of the tiny room which had a double bed. After half an hour of the front desk faffing about (totally disorganised), we were eventually moved to a similar room, still not £170 worth in my opinion.
We were overall really disappointed with the hotel, rooms were like grey cells of mdf and the "wallpaper art" was a rectangle of fabric on the wall. A bit of neon lighting too - really not worth the pricetag and photography on website makes it look better than it is.
We decided to check out after 1 night as the hotel did nothing to address our issues as they were full both nights and seemed to be much more interested in the wedding guests arriving. We moved to Threadneedles for another £10 per night. Was like going from rags to riches. Worlds apart.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
4 Thank EmmaDarlington
Chicago
Reviewed June 22, 2007

Stayed at the Zetter on a business trip. A really unique hotel. I live in downtown Chicago so I'm used to a bit of noise every now and then and didn't have an issue with it as other travelers seemed to. I had a double bed, flat panel tv with interactive features such as music selections and movies. Bathroom had a great rain shower. Would stay again.

• Liked — Modern, clean and different from your average Hilton
  • Disliked — rooms are on the small side
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
Nottingham, England
Reviewed June 20, 2007

Small unimpressive reception - check-in was efficient, if uninformative about the amenities, breakfast times etc.

Standard double room was on the small side, ok if you're on your own, but would have been cramped for 2 people, as would have been the bed. Modern, stylish decor, though I wasn't keen on the drab, khaki colour scheme.

Small tv, with only a handful of channels, controlled through the PC, which made it slow & cumbersome to operate.

I wasn't tempted by the breakfast, which seemed expensive at £16.50 for an 'English', in a hotel that is minimalist in most other respects. There is a Tesco just round the corner though.

On the plus side it is in a good location, only a short walk from Farringdon tube station, and just over a mile from Kings Cross - near to Sadlers Wells, St Paul, Tate Modern & with many restaurants nearby. You also get a free Guardian newspaper (though a cut down version) and a informative newsheet with weather forecast & local attraction/events, which was a nice touch.

In summary, a nice, modern, stylish hotel, though for the price (£134 for a standard room at the weekend), I would suggest you try Malmaison, just round the corner, with larger rooms, more amenities, a nicer building, and a bargain at £134 a night (including breakfast) if you book through Superbreak, or The Hoxton Hotel, again significantly cheaper.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo