“Hip and trendy area of London”
Review of The Zetter Hotel

The Zetter Hotel
Ranked #222 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 21, 2006

I stayed here for 3 nights. Hotel room was nice i stayed in a St Johns Square room which was a large room with a comfortable bed. Nicely decorated and quiet room. Nice lounge in lobby to have a drink after work. Staff was helpful and kind. Clerkenwell have many good restaurants and bars. I ate at Portal and St Johns both good and had a glas of wine and cheese at the Enoteca on St Johns street which all were good. If you are a tourist and wants to do sightseeing this is not the area to stay in but if you have been to London many times and just want to meet with friends, eat at nice restaurants and bars this is the hotel to stay in.

/Stefan

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank bjorkebo73

Reviewed March 5, 2006

Have just spend a grown up long weekend at The Zetter escaping from our two toddlers!

I travel and stay in London regularly and so wanted to find a special hotel that would feel very different to work so spent a great deal of time on tinternet trying to find one - I was not disappointed.

From the booking process to the moment we left, the staff did all they could to provide a great experience. The hotel is small and non the worse for that. I would describe it as funky chic with some great design touches like the atrium and bar.

The room (a corner king) was an excellent size for central london with a small bathroom (but sensational shower). Again, the little touches like complimentary own source water and knitted hot water bottle make the difference.

The breakfast is excellent - always freshly prepared and some interesting options (although the English breakfast should not be overlooked and kept me going all the way back to Leeds that evening!).

Whilst the Zetter is certainly not cheap it is affordable luxury and is certainly somewhere that I would recomend to anyone looking for a bit of urban cool.

• Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank PWhitman
A TripAdvisor Member
Hong Kong
Reviewed March 4, 2006

I stayed here 4 nights for a business trip. Although the room was a bit small and the bed was only a twin I was satisfied with the price of the room (GBP140 + VAT), especially since most hotels will charge a lot more.

The bathroom and shower stall was good-sized, they event had Elemis shampoo, conditioner and shower gel!

I ordered room service for breakfast, lunch and dinner during the week and was delighted to discover that they delivered the meal within 15 minutes each time! That's better service than most hotels in Asia, Australia and the United States!!

The staff at the reception was friendly, check-in service was speedy and although my room card key failed to work twice during the week they replaced my card key immediately.

Clerkenwell is very close to the City of London so if you're meeting people in the "City" you're only a 5 - 10 minute walk away. If you're planning to do some shopping on Oxford Street or Knightsbridge (like me) then Farringdon tube is only a 5 minute walk away. However, compared to when I lived in London 10 years ago the price of transportation (taxi and tube) has really gone up!

There's a news agent right across the street from the hotel - it's great if you need to get the latest magazines and news. There are restaurants w/i walking distance (a noodle shop and cafes within a 30 second walk from the hotel).

I would definitely stay hear again.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 1, 2006

Nice hotel and the price isn't bad. I am not sure that it is better than the Malmaison just down the road though.

The cd jukebox feature on your TV is a nice touch but the "glow lamp" (or whatever it is called) next to my bed required to be switched off so that I could get some sleep without seeing various colours projected across the room! Very hip and great decor The mini bar is a vending machine in the hall-way but this was not a negative for me.

Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank yugesiw
Reviewed February 18, 2006

I arranged a mid range room for my boyfriend's birthday and upon booking under the "special requests", I asked if it would be possible to either upgrade us or just make it a little bit special for him.

Upon arrival, the reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The receptionist had said that she noticed my request and had upgraded us to the top floor suite. (Excellent!)

The room was really nice. Well laid out, a nice terrace with spectacular view and a nice sized bathroom. The shower was a rain dance shower and I didn't want to get out! The bed was comfy, hot water bottle - nice touch although not needed! The room had air con settings which was nice and there were nice quirky extras such as Time Out, books and other magazines.

I do think that if you are paying for this room it isn't "value for money" and it made it that much better to know we had been upgraded complimentary.

The breakfast was extremely expensive. 3 people = £50+.
One slice of toast = £2.50!
Although the staff were very friendly though.

All in all a wonderful experience and we would definately recommend it and go back.

• Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank JCWLondon
Reviewed February 1, 2006

Can't say enough good things about our experience at the Zetter Hotel. We stayed four nights and loved it. It is within a few blocks of the Farringdon Tube stop, which is convenient. We arrived at the hotel at 9am on Sunday morning after an overnight plane trip from the US. The reception was incredibly warm and friendly and they did not even question that we wouldn't be checking into our room right away. The woman at the front desk said that there was a room ready right away but it was on the streetside. She suggested that we wait about 1/2 hour for a room on the quieter side of the hotel to be ready as we were going to be there for four nights. So, we had a great breakfast in the hotel restaurant and our room was ready. The room was great! It is small, but that was to be expected in London. The bathroom, however, was quite large, and the bed was extremely comfortable. Maid service went out of their way to accommodate us with cleaning times and always did an excellent job. The hotel restaurant was the best food and atmosphere of our visit and the staff, again, was so welcoming and helpful. Overall, we had a fantastic experience and would definitely go back.

2  Thank catwh