We stayed at the Zetter as a stop off on our honeymoon on the way to Marrakech, and arrived in London before the earliest check in time, but the staff helpfully checked us in anyway. We were shown up to our fabulous corner room, which was stylishly decorated and extremely comfortable, with quirky furnishings and huge sash windows. Everything worked perfectly, was spotlessly clean and the entertainment system was easy to use.
We had planned to go out for lunch, but liked the look of the Zetter's restaurant so much that instead we decided to stay there to eat. The staff in the restaurant were lots of fun, making us feel very welcome, supplying first class pizza and puddings and then plying us with enough alcohol to make our short walk to Farringdon tube a truly hilarious experience.
After a sobering afternoon's shopping (spending most of our honeymoon budget on the King's Road), we arrived back at the hotel to get ready to go out for dinner, and this was possibly the best part of our stay. We took full advantage of the small but extremely relaxing shower room, entertainment system and ambient lighting.
We dined at Konstam (quintessentially quirky and fabulous, the best chicken and duck's liver we've ever eaten) and walked back to the Zetter, contemplating going out for the evening, but the bed was too comfortable and we decided on an early night ;o)
The next day we had a leisurely start, a fantastic breakfast then checked out and were able to leave our bags at the hotel whilst we went for a wander down to St. Paul's before embarking on the epic tube ride to Heathrow.
We will definitely be back, we plan to spend a weekend there for our anniversary and make the most of it, and if we could we'd move in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zetter Hotel has 59 bedrooms including 7 rooftop studios all with a private outdoor terrace. Located in fashionable Clerkenwell, the hotel is a perfect destination for those looking for hotels with style, comfort and bags of personality. Built by eco-conscious hoteliers, the hotel uses energy-saving technology and eco-friendly materials wherever possible. This approach also includes water pumped from the hotel's own 1500-foot bore-hole beneath the building which not only helps make the building self sustaining but also supplies The Zetter's bottled spring water that is served in the restaurant and rooms. The hotel is home to the celebrated Bistrot Bruno Loubet and next door is award-winning Cocktail Lounge at sister hotel The Zetter Townhouse, an exciting collaboration between The Zetter, chef Bruno Loubet and the creators of 69 Colebrooke Row. The neighbourhood boasts of superb restaurants, excellent pubs, clubs,wine bars and a number of galleries and theatres. Explore the surroundings on Brompton bicycles which guests can hire from the hotel free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Zetter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zetter Hotel And Townhouse
- Zetter Hotel London
- Zetter London
- The Zetter Hotel London, England