I just returned from a four night business trip to London, stayed in the Zetter hotel, and loved it. I dislike soulless corporate hotels, but sometimes words like "charming," "quirky," or "funky" are code for unprofessional or problematic. And too many hotels described as stylish aren't necessarily pleasant places to spend much time in (I'm thinking of places like the Hudson Hotel in NYC with its minimalist and thoroughly uncomfortable design).
But the charm of the Zetter is that it was designed and executed with care, with the aim of being distinctive but also functional. Staff are incredibly friendly, the rooms are small but thoughtfully designed, and things work well. I had the fire alarm problem mentioned by a previous reviewer - I hope they get that worked out - but otherwise nothing was out of order. By the way, the rooms are small but, interestingly, the bathroom was not, which was a pleasant surprise. (As a frequent visitor to NYC I'm accustomed to ridiculously small bathrooms.) The espresso machine on each floor was a nice touch - drip or filter American coffee being almost unheard of in the U.K.
I was mostly working but I'll echo previous comments about Clerkenwell being a great neighborhood, with lots of bars, coffee shops, and restaurants. There's a Tube stop about a 5-7 minute walk away, so transportation is easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zetter Hotel has 59 bedrooms including 7 rooftop studios all with a private outdoor terrace. Located in fashionable Clerkenwell, the hotel is a perfect destination for those looking for hotels with style, comfort and bags of personality. Built by eco-conscious hoteliers, the hotel uses energy-saving technology and eco-friendly materials wherever possible. This approach also includes water pumped from the hotel's own 1500-foot bore-hole beneath the building which not only helps make the building self sustaining but also supplies The Zetter's bottled spring water that is served in the restaurant and rooms. The hotel is home to the celebrated Bistrot Bruno Loubet and next door is award-winning Cocktail Lounge at sister hotel The Zetter Townhouse, an exciting collaboration between The Zetter, chef Bruno Loubet and the creators of 69 Colebrooke Row. The neighbourhood boasts of superb restaurants, excellent pubs, clubs,wine bars and a number of galleries and theatres. Explore the surroundings on Brompton bicycles which guests can hire from the hotel free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Zetter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zetter Hotel And Townhouse
- Zetter Hotel London
- Zetter London
- The Zetter Hotel London, England