“The best hotel in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Zetter Hotel

The Zetter Hotel
Ranked #104 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Oxford, United Kingdom
“The best hotel in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is my favourite hotel in London, hands down. In fact I don't understand why more hotels can't be like the Zetter: excellent service and everything just works. There's no fuss or drama. The place feels well organised and very rarely puts a foot wrong.

The location isn't brilliant, it is just a little off the main attractions of London. But the tube is close and Bloomsbury isn't far away.

And the dining is excellent, making it a fabulous choice. Most room rates offer a free breakfast and there's free wifi.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the service. It is one of the best I have experienced regardless of stars. It is situated in an area with lots of nice pubs, restaurants, etc. Overall a very good value for money (for London). The only not so great thing was the breakfast... It was not included in the price and was... ok. But again, everyone of the staff was very polite and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2013
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My friends booked me room 505 for my birthday treat! And wow what a treat! The deck is fantastic, the room large and very well put together – everything you need. Lovely Ren products in the bathroom. I could not fault it.... bar a minor thing on the Sunday morning as they were jet washing the deck on the next door balcony...my only feedback would be I’d suggest not doing this on a Sunday after a birthday party the night before, perhaps wait till after check out.
I can also say the staff were charming and I would highly recommend the hotel for those who like chic and modern environments....and apparently the cocktails downstairs are fantastic!

Room Tip: Room 505 is the best in the building - the biggest deck and fantastic views across the roof tops!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Westerham, Kent ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked a room in the Zetter Townhouse but had the opportunity to stay in the fabulous Townhouse Apartment (think elegantly furnished, dark wood European salon décor) for one night. It was truly a superb mid-week treat. The room is quite spacious, and apparently can be connected to the Townhouse Suite to create even roomier quarters. There was a separate sitting area furnished with up to date magazines. Thick, red and cream striped wallpaper and luxuriant curtains on the 3 picture windows overlooking the square added to the elegance. The minibar was beautifully stocked (and affordable!). The bed was luxurious, the wardrobe massive and the bathroom beautifully decorated with vintage subway blocks, classic, bathtub with nickel tapware, and faded silvered mirrors. And this was just the inside of the room!

The Zetter Townhouse is much smaller than other boutique hotels but that is part of the charm. The staff were unbelievably friendly and accommodating. The lounge was packed yet they found a table for us to have a quick cocktail before dinner. Pre-dinner drink locations are abundant with the Modern Pantry and another pub just outside the townhouse. Dinner was at the gourmet restaurant Bistrot Bruno Loubet. Again - another superb experience, this time involving cuisine (the snail and meatballs, thin pork scratchings, veggie dip and beetroot ravioli are a MUST); service was also top notch and despite the buzzy feel, the restaurant was romantic. The continental breakfast basket, complete in a solo tin box for each of us, was a delicious touch.

All of this is 5 minutes from the heart of the City (where we both work), making this a perfect mid-week getaway. Highly, highly recommended!

Room Tip: Make sure to call the hotel directly to book. We did, leading to personalized service while there. R...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sbenemer
Catifeoglou, Operations Director at The Zetter Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Zetter Townhouse. The Apartment is a delightful room and we appreciate how well you have described it in your review.

We will be sure to pass on your comments to our teams at The Zetter Townhouse and Bistrot Bruno Loubet - they will be proud to know that their "friendly and accommodating" attitudes along with our"superb food" helped add to your "perfect mid-week getaway".
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed there one night and it was great. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Room had a very cool balcony, view and decor.

The restaurant (dinner + breakfast) were great as well.

Only downside, you have to walk 10 minutes to go to a gym (the hotel has 2 gym options/partners nearby).

Will try to go there again if possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Camberley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with 8 colleagues and was very impressed with the decor and ambience in the rooms and the reception/bar/restaurant areas.

The rooms are a decent size for London and very clean and well appointed.

I found the reception staff very helpful and friendly.

I was however, very disappointed with the service in the bar area, every time my colleagues or I needed a drink we had to hunt down the bar staff and then wait quite a lot of time for the drinks to be served. When we cam back to the hotel after dinner somewhere else we were told that the bar was shutting but we could go to the Townhouse part of the hotel, across the road which would be open until 2. When we got to the townhouse we were told they were closing at 12. I was quite surprised that there was nowhere for residents to drink after this time.

Anyway, we all had a good sleep in comfortable beds and enjoyed a very nice breakfast in the morning.

I would certainly stay here again but find somewhere else for late night drinks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I forgot to review this hotel last year - I stayed in June 2012 but the options for when I stayed don't go that far back..... The staff were lovely from even before I arrived. I had to cancel one night's stay and was 20 minutes late in notifying them of this. They could have charged me for the night, but chose not to do so, thank you so much. The front desk staff were welcoming and friendly. They also sorted a couple of taxis for me and answered all my questions.

The room was compact but well equipped and quite designer. There isn't much by way of wardrobe space (or spare room generally) so you wouldn't want to stay in a standard room for more than a couple of days. Personally, I would prefer to have a bog standard kettle with sachets of instant coffee in the room rather than a posh coffee machine outside - it felt like being back at halls of residence sneaking out in my dressing gown to get a brew in the morning! I was also totally paranoid at leaving my keycard in my room and locking myself out in my early morning pre-caffeine stupour.

I did not have dinner in the restaurant but I enjoyed my breakfasts there.

It's well located - walking distance of the City - I walked to our office nr Bank one day and it took me about 20 minutes. It's also a really interesting part of London near Smithfield market and not overloaded with tourists.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo