“Cocktails !!”
Review of The Zetter Hotel

The Zetter Hotel
Ranked #171 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 13, 2012

What a Fabulous experience, the Townhouse was magnificent , awesome is an understatement, great staff, more than helpful with fantastic coctails and not overexpensive either. warm welcoming place with atmosphere brilliant night all round

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KCCantona

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days in September, then again for 2 days in October. Although the standard rooms are quite small, they are perfectly designed and extremely comfortable with funky decor and a great shower room. The breakfast that came with the room was nothing short of amazing. The hotel was installing a new computer system in Septemberwhich resulted in our October booking going west. We had complemtary drinks in the bar while they sorted the problem out, and we were then upgraded at no cost to a superior room. Wonderful! From now on, this will be our home away from home when visiting London. Oh yes - the hotel restaurant (Bistrot Bruno Loubet) is excellent - we ate there twice and loved the fresh, seasonal French food. The Zetter Townhouse is pretty fine too - the best cocktails we've had EVER.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AtkinsonsofPerth
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed here on business for one night. Only wish I could afford to stay here for pleasure some time! It might seem an odd thing to say, but I thoroughly enjoyed discovering my room. It was very small - but they really pack everything in. The decor is urban with shutters instead of curtains, if you like frilly, this definitely isn't the place for you! I won't spoil it by telling you everything you'll find in your small but perfectly formed room, but it is well worth reading the little guide because it's got great information in there about nearby places, history, walks etc and the best times to do them. I almost got the feel I was staying with friends who really cared that I had a good time. I liked the EcoPure Waters eco friendly re-fillable drinking water bottles too. The rooms are arranged around an atrium, so there was a lot of bar noise, and as I was on the front of the hotel there was traffic noise too. Having said that, I slept perfectly well and you can get ear plugs from reception if you need them! I think the bed was only 4' wide, so if you are a couple you might find it a little cosy :-)

Room Tip: If noise might bother you, a room at the back and on a higher floor might be quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RosemaryE
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Recent stay really dissapointing. Room was small with no comfy chair so nowhere to sit other than bed. Only a few tv channels- not good selection.
Bed was comfy but pillows really soft and did not sleep well. Ate breakfast and it was like faulty towers with staff falling over themselves yet it took 10 min to get a hot drink. There were people at several tables who looked unhappy with service. The bar at the townhouse was fab with first class service and great atmosphere.
Location is really good but for me I found the room really cold and not at all comfy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank diamondsEdinburgh
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've never done a review on here before as I can't say I've ever stayed in a hotel worthy of my time and typing. However I stayed with the Zetter for my birthday this year and had an absolutely wonderful time. It may cost slightly more than your standard chain hotel, but that it because it IS so much more than a standard chain. It's welcoming, quirky, fun and extremely good value for money. I will never stay in a cheap hotel ever again. For about an extra £30 from a 3 star hotel in the centre you get such wonderful service and high quality rooms. The room are not massive but for me and my friend who were sharing and spending the afternoon pampering ourselves there was plenty of room. The bathroom was much more spacious than any other hotel I've stayed in (for the size of the room) and the hotel had thought of everything. I can't think of one thing I wasn't happy with. Would recommend to anyone and will most definitely be staying again next time I'm in London. Utterly fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jess C
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great service and a really cool cocktail menu - loved the theatrical addition to the martini. The atmosphere is good with seating arranged well for small groups and couples. Lots of curiosities around.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank quandoquidem
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel on many occasions and each time I return I smile as I arrive. The staff are calm and welcoming, the rooms quirky but very comfortable, particularly if you treat yourself to a rooftop studio. Excellent restaurant serves all day food including a decent breakfast. This is not a hotel for several days of gentility but more a place where bright young and not so young things can do business or for a quick stay in London. It's location in Clerkenwell is great an will soon be on the crossrail link so will be even more popular. Now it's not cheap but in London hotels that come in under 150£ a night are usually dire so if you are going to spend in a decent hotel don't go to a chain but try out the Zetter

• Stayed: June 2012