“Very small room but quiet cheap”
Review of The Zetter Hotel

The Zetter Hotel
Ranked #101 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Beaconsfield
“Very small room but quiet cheap”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel has the smallest room with old furniture,our heating didn't work very well. Receptionist also wasn't most helpful we asked for late check out and it wasn't possible they wouldn't even call taxi just advice to go on street and get black cab it made us late for theatre:( it is cheap place to stay but you get what you pay for...

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Turkish first
Bristol
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was in London on a course for two days and stayed at the Zetter. It's a beautiful hotel in a great location. My room was lovely, really clean, welcoming and prettily decorated. I found the bar a little bit noisy when trying to sleep at night, but I called down to ask what time it closed and as they knew I couldn't sleep they took the mini bar charge off my bill (I wish I'd had more of it now...!). I would definitely stay here again and hopefully not on a work trip next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank moochi28
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The townhouse bistro/bar just across the square is an absolute find. Dark and romantic, swathed in leather and velvet, with comfy chesterfields and cosy tables, this is the perfect place to weather out the winter nights over a classic French 75.

Not really geared up for big food, the bites on the menu are fabulous, but don't expect to leave with a full belly - this is accompaniments only.

Want that private club feel without the membership? Get yourself a table at the townhouse.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pricetta
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here recentley with my best friend, on arrival the zetter is easy to spot on approach. There is parking at the rear (on street), there is a pretty little square with cafes and bars surrounding the zetter.

On entering the hotel the interior of the main entrance hall is funky and different for a hotel in this area. The staff are friendly and welcoming, check in was quick and painless.

We took the top room the Deluxe Studio, it was perfect! Large stylish room with a large terrace overlook the square at the rear. The wall between you and the terrace is glass so you get a real sense of space. The bathroom is small but very functional, and the shower was awesome. The bed was firm and bedding was soft.

There are all the accessories you would expect in a top end hotel room espresso machine, TV, Fridge (Stocked with all the required snacks), IPod dock, etc. We had a funky dog shaped lamp on the floor in our room which can be taken throught the door to the terrace which gives a different take on outside lighting.

The room was very quiet at night, and the air con ensured you weree kept cool. A quick call to reception and a man arrived with fresh milk (I hate those little long life pots), we when for the breakfast in our room option.

The following morning we had a generous full english breakfast delivered to the room, which we ate on the terrace in the sunshine.

Our stay here was fantastic I really enjoyed it and would highly recommend it to anyone it is not cheap, but it is not overpriced it is high quality, very comfortable and stylish in a great setting - Perfection !!!

I will definitely return to The Zetter !

Room Tip: If your budget allows go the the Deluxe Studio, it is the Zetter at its best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dominic_B_12
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very comfortable, clean and well equipped hotel. My room was very spacious, the bed extremely comfortable, one of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel for a long time, this was helped by having a room at the rear of the hotel which faced on to a very quiet square. It is also very rare I bother with hotel breakfast given the poor quality of so many but this one was excellent, though I admit I didn't try the coffee, since one of Londons best coffee shops (Workshop Coffee) is just over the road. The price was very reasonable too.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back face on to a very quiet square.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I entered the Townhouse on a typically London-gray Friday afternoon and was asked to wait for my room, as there were two other guests who had just arrived in front of me. I waited for about 10 minutes in a plush armchair the lounge (there is no real "lobby" in the Townhouse) and an employee came over and sat down with me to go through the check-in process.

She then showed us to our room, and informed us that we had been upgraded to the Townhouse Apartment (which I later found it is the nicest room in the place). It is -- simply put -- a den of cool. Like a playground for adults with all sort of neat little gadgets and oddities (which I am sure we did not fully uncover in our two nights). The Apartment is on the 1st floor and has 4 windows overlooking quaint St. John's Square. The bathroom is complete with a clawfoot tub, dressing table, shower, and REN accessories. The minibar is even stocked with pre-mixed "cocktails" from downstairs, although they are so potent that I'd characterize them more as spirits. They were, surprisingly, not very expensive however (we had three pre-mixed cocktails and a small bottle of wine for £27 total).

The weekend was very special indeed due in no small part to the Zetter Townhouse. I'd even recommend it as a little getaway for posh West-Enders looking to explore the foodie scene of Clerkenwell.

Now if I can offer some criticism (which now seems ungrateful given that they upgraded us to the best room in the house), it's that the staff is a bit mixed. Now, let's be clear here, the Zetter Townhouse is not Claridge's and one does not come here expecting (or even wanting) to be waited on hand-and-foot, but the staff was a bit aloof at times. For example, at the end of evening at the cocktail lounge, not just one, but two servers forced the bill upon me, even though we were clearly not finished. Was just one of two examples or not-so-perfect service that would have made an otherwise perfect stay a bit more perfect.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

I stay at the Zetter a lot and it is consistently very good. Great staff, nice rooms and awesome showers. They could do with a more extensive room service menu and I've never really bought into the coffee facilities beings on the landings. Otherwise pretty much spot on.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business