I entered the Townhouse on a typically London-gray Friday afternoon and was asked to wait for my room, as there were two other guests who had just arrived in front of me. I waited for about 10 minutes in a plush armchair the lounge (there is no real "lobby" in the Townhouse) and an employee came over and sat down with me to go through the check-in process.
She then showed us to our room, and informed us that we had been upgraded to the Townhouse Apartment (which I later found it is the nicest room in the place). It is -- simply put -- a den of cool. Like a playground for adults with all sort of neat little gadgets and oddities (which I am sure we did not fully uncover in our two nights). The Apartment is on the 1st floor and has 4 windows overlooking quaint St. John's Square. The bathroom is complete with a clawfoot tub, dressing table, shower, and REN accessories. The minibar is even stocked with pre-mixed "cocktails" from downstairs, although they are so potent that I'd characterize them more as spirits. They were, surprisingly, not very expensive however (we had three pre-mixed cocktails and a small bottle of wine for £27 total).
The weekend was very special indeed due in no small part to the Zetter Townhouse. I'd even recommend it as a little getaway for posh West-Enders looking to explore the foodie scene of Clerkenwell.
Now if I can offer some criticism (which now seems ungrateful given that they upgraded us to the best room in the house), it's that the staff is a bit mixed. Now, let's be clear here, the Zetter Townhouse is not Claridge's and one does not come here expecting (or even wanting) to be waited on hand-and-foot, but the staff was a bit aloof at times. For example, at the end of evening at the cocktail lounge, not just one, but two servers forced the bill upon me, even though we were clearly not finished. Was just one of two examples or not-so-perfect service that would have made an otherwise perfect stay a bit more perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zetter Hotel has 59 bedrooms including 7 rooftop studios all with a private outdoor terrace. Located in fashionable Clerkenwell, the hotel is a perfect destination for those looking for hotels with style, comfort and bags of personality. Built by eco-conscious hoteliers, the hotel uses energy-saving technology and eco-friendly materials wherever possible. This approach also includes water pumped from the hotel's own 1500-foot bore-hole beneath the building which not only helps make the building self sustaining but also supplies The Zetter's bottled spring water that is served in the restaurant and rooms. Head Chef Ben Boeynaems has a light and contemporary approach to food at The Zetter and across the cobbles is award-winning Cocktail Lounge at sister hotel The Zetter Townhouse. Explore the surroundings on Brompton bicycles which guests can hire from the hotel free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Zetter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zetter Hotel And Townhouse
- Zetter Hotel London
- Zetter London
- The Zetter Hotel London, England