“visit to london”

Ranked #42 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Almancil, Portugal
“visit to london”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

every visit i have had at this hotel is always great in every aspect.food staff and service . now baglioni is always my hotel of choice in london. i would love to try one of the baglioni hotels in italy .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Francesco_Sardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to The Baglioni Hotel and also for coming back to stay with us when in London. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience. I will share your comments with everyone here and in particular with our theater critic Bill Howard.
I look forward to welcoming you back at The Baglioni Hotel London in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Hebrew first
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at the Baglioni in London from the 1st - 6th March 2014 and what a great experience it was!

WHAT I LIKED:

1. The staff are all exceptionally friendly and highly professional. Everyone has a smile and is ready to help.
2. Top barman Salvatore produces exquisite cocktails and drinks. Love the giant green olives & restaurant snacks.
3. I am sure that some of the top Concierges in London work at the Baglioni, as they manage a lot of miracles (tough tables, impossible theatre tickets...). A special mention to Phil Morris who goes the distance.
4. The bedroom I was allocated was beautifully located on the 5th floor overlooking Hyde Park.
5. Had a great fireplace in the bedroom
6. Really enjoyed the luxury Italian Ortigia Bathroom products and soaps
7. The bed, feather pillows and high quality linens are beyond comfortable.
8. The location is the best in London, in a calm area with the park in front, but very close to everywhere by cab, bus, bicycle or tube (5 mins away High Street Kensington)
9. Stylish coffee machine and Illy Coffee in the room.
10. I believe it is wonderful Hotel for business and pleasure!
11. The high speed internet works beautifully all the way and you never have to put a code again, after the first time.
12. Fantastic heated terrace where you may have drinks outside, smoke a cigar..

WHAT I DISLIKED:

1. Leaving on the 6th of March…

Will be back very soon. Top marks!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Francesco_Sardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience. I will share your comments with everyone here and in particular with Salvatore for his exquisite cocktails and Phiil.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The Baglioni hotel has been our first choice for stays when visiting the royal Albert hall which is easily within a gentle stroll especially when trying to find a cab after the performance!. Terrific service, comfortable rooms and suites, but costs towards the higher end of the local spectrum.
We have always previously enjoyed our stays but on this occasion our experience of the breakfast offering... at almost £25.00 per person was atrocious. Cold tasteless cooked sausages and bacon, frankly off smelling scrambled egg and a complete absence of the 'a la carte' menu until well after we had served ourselves at the buffet. quite frankly you'd be better served with more palatable food by walking 5 minutes up the road!
What a disappointment from such a lovely location and helpful staff.
I did notice however that the waiting staff seemed on occasions to be stretched and less than attentive as we had found them to be previously. Perhaps complacency has crept into what used to be a favourite hotel choice.
Perhaps its time to move on!
A good location, excellent and attentive admin and concierge staff, disappointing food, lovely rooms, if somewhat smaller than would be expected at the price point, so dont bother with breakfast... go out and enjoy better cheaper food locally at excellent convenient restaurants.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the hotel front and main road overlooking the park. Good views but intrusiv...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Francesco_Sardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at the Baglioni Hotel, and I am sorry to hear about your experience with the breakfast. My restaurant general manager, Diego Cusin, would welcome the opportunity to hear from you with more details of your experience if you would be kind enough to call him directly at your convenience on 0207 368 5900.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of luxury hotels through work, and this is by far the best. We stayed for my partners birthday and I asked for a few special touches, they were catered for with no fuss and exactly right. The attention to detail is amazing. The staff so friendly and helpful you couldn't ask for more.

The room service was lovely, on time and to a very high standard.

We went out for theatre and came back to our room immaculately being cleaned while we we're out, bed turned down, slippers out and a lovely birthday cake.

I really can't fault anything it made such a special birthday so perfect. I would highly recommend this hotel and intend to visit the others when travelling

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
FrancescoSardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to The Baglioni Hotel. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and also the birthday celebration. I have shared your review with the rest of the team and everyone is delighted with your comments.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am a frequent visitor to the Baglioni Hotel. It never fails to live up to my expectations. There is no one area that can be criticized from the moment you pool up to the door. Whether you have been away three weeks or three months you are instantly enveloped into the calm efficient organization. It would be hard to single out any particular member of staff - although the Concierge Bill Howard goes way beyond the call of duty! He is also one of the best theatre critics I know.

Just a superbly run hotel.

Room Tip: Personal choice. Some rooms have very cosy sittings rooms and the back rooms are almost too quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FrancescoSardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to The Baglioni Hotel and also for choosing to stay with use when in London. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience. I will share your comments with everyone here and in particular with our theater critic Bill Howard.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Spent 8 days here in October 2013. Stayed in a junior suite on the 5th floor -- should have taken other reviewers' advice about avoiding the 5th floor. Room layout was awkward with a sloping ceiling in the bedroom area. Bathroom wasn't any better as I had to contort myself to get into the shower, and the glass door wasn't well-sealed resulting in water going everywhere during a shower. Moreover, the striking effect of the dark wood floors and doors was completely negated by the long, deep, white scratches left by people moving furniture around and doorhandles denting walls. The room itself needs a facelift and minor renovation.

All that said, the service here was tremendously helpful and friendly -- from the front desk to the concierge, Phil, to the restaurant staff -- and really made the Baglioni feel like home for the week we were there. Overall I would recommend with a couple reservations.

Other assorted notes:
- Fitness centre is absolutely tiny, and cramped as well.
- You're about a 10-minute walk from a tube station and not in the best area of South Kensington for restaurants/bars. (But you are right across the street from Kensington Gardens.)
- Breakfast buffet in the restaurant is fantastic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrandonM87
FrancescoSardelli, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest

First off all, thank you for your taking the time to leave a review on your stay in October.
I am really sorry to hear that the ceiling in the Junior Suite was didn’t not meet your expectation. We have a large variety of rooms and suite and we can always try to accommodate whenever possible guests preferences. Please be assured that I take your feedback seriously regarding maintenance issue and will look into every issue you highlighted with our engineering.

I am pleased that you found the service was tremendously helpful and friendly and I have shared your comments with the rest of the team who will be delighted to hear your positive comments.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly prior your next visit to discuss your requirements, my email address is f.sardelli@baglionihotels.com

Chiswick
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Attention to detail is evident from the moment you arrive. Stylish interior and great location for Kensington and Knightsbridge shopping. A warm welcome and efficient service from friendly staff. Quality rooms decorated in a dark, atmospheric style. Loved the linens and extra touches in our suite.

We were celebrating a Birthday and it was recognised by the team in the bar and restaurant. Our meal was delicious (we sampled white truffles for the first time) and the celebration pudding was a lovely surprise.

Thanks to all the team for a very special stay....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Baglionihotel, Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
I thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent visit to The Baglioni Hotel. It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the experience. I am pleased to read that the team in the bar and restaurant recognized the birthday you were celebrating. I will share your comments with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you back at The Baglioni Hotel in the not too distant future.