“Great hotel, but breakfast was very disappointing!”

Baglioni Hotel London
Ranked #54 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the hotel last week on the 2nd October. Reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was very nice and very clean and bed was comfortable. The service was vry good throughout the whole hotel.
However I was very disappointed with the breakfast service the following morning. Myself and my husband ordered a pot of tea, which finally arrived 45 minutes later, and asked 4 times where it was oly to be told it was on its way! When we finally ordered our breakfast it took over an hour to arrive, and when it did it wasn't great, only 1/4 of a tomato one little rasher of bacon, two mushrooms, two eggs and a tiny slice of black pudding. We asked for some butter only to be told there wasn't any! Nobody seemed to care and there appeared to be o organisation at all.
It was such a shame as this really let such a lovely hotel down!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Guest thanks ever so much for your kind posting and so sorry that your breakfast service was not up to the rest of the experience. indeed in the morning in question we experienced several staffing issues. this is by no means and excuse but merely an explanation and can assure you what you experienced is the exception rather than the rule.
With apologies,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We booked a table for 1.30 for lunch but when we arrived were told they were to busy and could we wait have a drink as they were busy and we would have a long wait to be served. We left and ate elsewhere. Oddly as I had booked for 1.30 I wanted to eat at 1.30 rather than when they were ready to serve us restaurant staff seemed very disorganized. No apology offered or recognition that they were in the wrong.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sw105
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Guest I would like to apologize for the issue with your lunch reservation. Indeed we experienced a few issues on that particular day and so sorry we were not able to accommodate you at the requested time. This is by no means an excuse but merely an explanation and can assure you what you experienced is the exception rather than the rule.
with kindest regards and with the hopes you will give us a second opportuntiy,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent 9 nights at the Baglioni in London and loved every moment of it. The first 5 nights alone, the final 4 with my husband and 3 children.If you appreciate a genuine smile from the door man, the breakfast staff ( Laura and Giovanni) remembering your breakfast order, the concierge ( Bill and Grant) who were the best I've experienced who could organise anything and ask the next day your feedback,, you will love this Hotel. I travel alot and all too often you feel like another visitor, another number at Hotels, you won't here. The location is fantastic . After 3 weeks of amazing leading hotels of the world, this was mine and my whole family's favourite.

Room Tip: We had a suite adjoining a double which was perfect for a family of 5.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest so so happy in reading your comments and delighted we were able to make you and your Family feel in your very own home away from home. We do very much look forward to hopefully seeing you back soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

i travel to London about once a year and chose this hotel because it was having an American Express 3 for 2 nights special. Lucky choice.
It is now my favorite hotel in London -- small, friendly and cozy with all the luxuries one could want. The service is impeccable. My room was so lovely that i didnt mind that my view was of a construction site -- in fact, after a day I decided it was a work of art and photographed it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely posting and in your few words you perfectly described what we strive to be! So glad you have found your new place in London and very much looking forward to having you back:
sincerely,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Amazing place. Treated like Royalty. A must stay. Staff were so helpful they could not do enough for you. They were there at a whim. Helped us with every aspect of our stay. Wish we could of taken it with us on the rest of our holiday. The actual property is very lavish and in a great location. I have stayed in some great hotels/resorts in the past, this is number one without a doubt!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn that it was a very positive experience and I will naturally share your comments with the Team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
Thank you again for sharing your feelings, and may I take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a fantastic remainder of the year
With kindest regards from London and with the hopes of welcoming you once again in the near future,

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Whst a wonderful hotel,the staff could not be more accommodating,from reception, concierge,restaurant and bar ,they have a wonderful attitude,not a snob in sight,never intrusive ,this will be my hotel of choice when in town

Room Tip: The junior suites are very good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest thanks ever so much for your kind review and your words will serve as great motivation to us all! I am delighted to learn we will be your Hotel of choice when in London and very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With kindest regards and till soon,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is an amazing place, where they always remember my surname whenever I show up, always smile, always give me an upgrade if it's available, etc etc - nice memories, I absolutely love this happy place!!! Pity the spa is not so good - never use it.. The location is my favourite - home, sweet home))

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Baglionihotel, General Manager at Baglioni Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Guest thanks ever so much for your lovely posting! We are delighted to be your home sweet home in London and your comments towards the Staff are ever so encouraging. Sorry you do not feel the SPA is as good as you would like, however can guarantee our treatments are superlative and hopefully you will take my word for it and try one time in one of your visits.... :-) With kindest regards and we look forward to welcoming you back soon,